Moose poached in Ludlow, MA

Damn near hit one about 10 years ago on 202 heading up to Orange. State trooper coming the other way slammed on his breaks the same time I did so we were maybe 20-30 yards apart and this huge moose came running down the hillside, across the road, and further down into the brush. I think I just happened to catch a glimpse of movement because it was a close thing, especially considering I was driving a Jetta at the time which would not have been pretty if I hit that moose and it came down on top of the car. Both the trooper and I had looks of "did you just see that?" on our faces along with thanking god that we didn't hit the damn thing.

A few weeks ago my neighbor across the street got hit by a moose in his truck, just a few hundred yards up the street. Thing came running out of the woods and ran into the side of his truck. The thing ran off seemingly unhurt. The guy told me that the only damage was to the front driver's side fender area.

Pretty tough to mistake for a deer....wonder if it was shot with a muzzleloader round from some guy hunting.

Ive nearly hit 2 while driving. One raghorn in Rutland, one Big ass full racked bull in Barre, 1000 pounds of him nearly took me out.......he jumped a guardrail 10 yards in front of me and I slammed on the brakes just in time.

Funny in 30 years of hunting I've never seen one in the woods, or from the stand, but there are always tracks almost everywhere I hunt around here.

Moose in MA? Who even knew that was a thing.
Mass in Moosachusetts. There was one in the Hockamock several years ago.

There used to be Buffalo in Buffalo. But they were “imported.” Think about that. Indians going west, taking Buffalo and driving them back east.

Man some detective work…🙄 sad to see em go I like seeing them around here. I know of a handful in this vicinity we’ve had on cameras and have seen in person.

I had a cow and calf walk by me about 40 yards last year and she’s back with another calf this year on camera. A lot bigger in person!

Moose in Mass. No big thing, I had them in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford. I have shot them in Worcester along 190 and in Fitchburg along Rte. 2. Years ago, a guy on a Motorcycle was killed on Rte. 119 in Ashburnham when he hit a moose that ran out in front of him. Oh, I forgot about the one that I got called out on in Westford, intersection of 225 and 110. I had to put down. I lived in Chelmsford at the time.

Last edited:
this was from Oct 2020. I had posted under what have you seen. She's walking right by my 03 Tacoma while we were standing outside my mothers house. Unfortunately she got hit the following morning the next town over.
1640661607146.png

Moose in Mass. No big thing, I had them in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford. I have shot them in Worcester along 190 and in Fitchburg along Rte. 2. Years ago, a guy on a Motorcycle was killed on Rte. 119 in Ashburnham when he hit a moose that ran out in front of him. Oh, I forgot about the one that I got called out on in Westford, intersection of 225 and 110. I had to put down. I lived in Chelmsford at the time.
What do you do for work? PAC agent? EPO?

Some years ago son Lance in Fitzwilliam,NH was lucky enough to draw a NH moose permit for his area. He took a big bull behind his house which is about a mile from the Mass state line. The bull was visiting in NH as it had a Mass collar on it. Mass F&G were notified and came to get their collar. Lance was surprised that they didn't want to see the gut pile. They probably figured that he would have had a hard time poaching it in Mass and dragging it a mile though the woods. Jack.

How the f*** does a moose that got hit by a car get confused and blamed on poachers.

Could have been hit then run off and died in the woods, then of course some rocket scientist just decided it was shot even though there was no holes in it and it was lying 100 feet from a highway..

f***ing media doesn't do fact checking on major news stories that affect all of our lives...... never mind double checking a dead moose. The difference here is they actually printed something when they found the truth out. Where regularly the media just lies and gets away with it.

Must have been one hellabig pot

past tense: poached; past participle: poached
  1. cook (an egg) without its shell in or over boiling water.
    "a breakfast of poached egg and grilled bacon"
    • cook by simmering in a small amount of liquid.
      "poach the salmon in the white wine"
How else do you make Moose Benedict?

There's moose actually living on my property..
Not passing through. It's their home base. I think they like the hemlock swamp.

Back
Top Bottom