• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moopey's LR-308 Build Thread

Well after much anticipation my Quentin Defense billet .308 lower arrived today. I received the upper a couple weeks ago but have been waiting for the lower before starting this thread.

This is my first AR build and I'm looking forward to completing it. I have a lot of parts on order. Hopefully they will arrive soon so I can start assembling the lower.

Parts List: (will be ongoing as I source more parts)

Lower Assembly:
Quentine Defense Lower
ALG Defense Combat Trigger
Battle Arms Development ambidextrous selector
Phase 5 Tactical bolt catch
Heavy Buffers rifle length buffer, tube, and spring
Ace 9" Stock
CAA Pictol Grip
All other lower parts are from DPMS parts kit

Upper Assembly:
Quentin Defense Upper
DPMS charging handle
.762 Industries Bolt Carrier Group

Lower after I picked it up from C+F Guns in Middleboro
316m43p.jpg

Lower with CAA Grip
169opkz.jpg

Lower & Upper Logo Side
amdpit.jpg

Lower & Upper with bolt
2rfenf5.jpg

Last edited:
I have a DPMS lower parts kit but I'm waiting on a couple replacement parts to come in before starting to install them.

I took some pictures of the BCG

wcjosk.jpg

a4pyl0.jpg

Last edited:
That's a weird looking bcg.... Granted I havnt seen a .308 bolt in person.

Nice to see so e one getting stuff from qd .

yeah it's amazing how fast QD can send product when they actually receive a payment. lol.

I was also surprised by the 308 bolt carrier when I first saw it. Mainly because the sides are missing the notches for the forward assist to engage. I guess on a 308 it engages differently. Doesn't mean much for the QD guys though since we don't have forward assists.....which I'm not completely sold on by the way.

Got a few packages yesterday.

Buffer, tube, and spring from Slash's Heavy Buffers. Great service
Ambidextrous safety and ALG trigger from Battle Arms Development, Inc.. Also great service
and as previously posted the barrel from Fulton Armory. I also got one of their 308 magazines which is not pictured.

I though the buffer tube would come with the end plate and castle nut, but it did not. So I can't completely assemble my lower until I find them somewhere. I also need to find an AR wrench.

2m663op.jpg

Got a few packages yesterday.

I though the buffer tube would come with the end plate and castle nut, but it did not. So I can't completely assemble my lower until I find them somewhere.

That looks like an A2 buffer tube. What stock do you have? You don't need an end plate and castle nut for an A2 buffer tube.

Thanks for subscribing! No pressure. haha.

I need to get on ordering one of them.

That looks like an A2 buffer tube. What stock do you have? You don't need an end plate and castle nut for an A2 buffer tube.

It is an A2 buffer tube. I have a 9" Ace Stock......I just realized I forgot to post the picture. To be honest I haven't put any pieces together. I just assumed I needed a castle nut and end plate. I'm still waiting on a couple things for the lower so I haven't "played" with anything yet. haha. I'll have to look into this.

afkci1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah when I was looking at the buffer tube I was like what ....

If you need help on assembling your ar hit me up.

You assemble ar , but Build ak... Atillia schooled me on that one btw.

The end plate and castle nut are just for collapsible stocks and they are used to hold the detent pin/spring in place. With the A2 buffer tube, the stock is pressed against the receiver which holds them in place. You should see a little knob near the bottom of the stock which fits into the groove in the lower.

yeah I just did a dry run and put the stock on.....no castle nut needed. Newb mistake #5 I think. haha.

Thanks everyone for the heads up.

Yeah when I was looking at the buffer tube I was like what ....

If you need help on assembling your ar hit me up.

You assemble ar , but Build ak... Atillia schooled me on that one btw.

I'll keep that in mind if I get stuck. Thanks.

Settle down. Lol. New toys came in today. Should have pics tonight. I'm hoping to assemble this weekend.

Do you have a headspace gauge/are you planning on checking the headspace? I don't particularly want to buy one but if you have one I'd be happy to use it once I have everything [smile]

Back
Top Bottom