• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Montana Supreme Court To Missoula: Your Anti-Gun Ordinance Went Too Far…So We Killed It

SFC13557

NES Member
"With the Supreme Court about to hear arguments around New York City’s absurd anti-gun law concerning transportation outside of the city limits, it’s going to be awhile before we hear any good news on the Second Amendment front at the federal level. So, in the meantime, our good friend Cam Edwards at Bearing Arms found that Montana’s state Supreme Court has torched a universal background check ordinance in the city of Missoula (Fairfield Sun Times):

The Montana Supreme Court on Tuesday reversed a Missoula judge's decision upholding the city of Missoula's gun ordinance, which would have required background checks on all transfer of firearms, including gun show purchases.

The high court ruled 5-0 in favor of Montana Attorney General Tim Fox, who voided in 2017 the Missoula City Council's ordinance adopted the year earlier, arguing the council did not have the authority to infringe on gun ownership rights in the state and U.S. constitutions."
Montana Supreme Court To Missoula: Your Anti-Gun Ordinance Went Too Far…So We Killed It

A small victory is a sea of defeat is hard to get excited over. Especially when their governor just spouted off about not needing 30rd mags.

For every law we get repealed, gun grabbers pass 100+ more. It shouldn't take 2 years to strike down a 2A infringement.

A small victory is a sea of defeat is hard to get excited over. Especially when their governor just spouted off about not needing 30rd mags.

For every law we get repealed, gun grabbers pass 100+ more. It shouldn't take 2 years to strike down a 2A infringement.

I wouldn't even say that so much, they're not ultimately too successful these days (in terms of passing new shit, outside of the margins) but I think what is far more depressing is that there's still the better part of a century worth of unconstitutional bullshit on the books that hasn't been destroyed, more depressing is stuff like Abramski which should have been a slam dunk case, etc.

-Mike

No substantial gun legislation was passed during the 8 yrs of Barry's reign so consider than a major defeat for the anti's. No major gun legislation was passed during the aftermath of the Pulse nightclub/Parkland HS shootings either so the anti's are fuming and frustrated. Bobby O'Rourke's recent call for gun confiscation has has a detrimental effect on the chances of a new AWB because he has shown the country what the ultimate goal of the left is. Enjoy the small victories and prey for Ruthie's retirement.

No substantial gun legislation was passed during the 8 yrs of Barry's reign so consider than a major defeat for the anti's. No major gun legislation was passed during the aftermath of the Pulse nightclub/Parkland HS shootings either so the anti's are fuming and frustrated. Bobby O'Rourke's recent call for gun confiscation has has a detrimental effect on the chances of a new AWB because he has shown the country what the ultimate goal of the left is. Enjoy the small victories and prey for Ruthie's retirement.

I don't consider a slowing pace of adding laws a victory. I consider repealing at least half of all existing gun laws while all others are blocked a mildly good start considering the sheer number there are and the fact there should be zero.

I don't consider a slowing pace of adding laws a victory. I consider repealing at least half of all existing gun laws while all others are blocked a mildly good start considering the sheer number there are and the fact there should be zero.
Then pray for Ruthie's replacement on the Supreme Court and Robert's having the balls to accept an AWB case. That's the only way we'll get to roll back already implemented anti-gun laws

Then pray for Ruthie's replacement on the Supreme Court and Robert's having the balls to accept an AWB case. That's the only way we'll get to roll back already implemented anti-gun laws

While the former will eventually happen, I have repeatedly stated here that I do not think SCOTUS will ever take a AWB case. They are fully aware Heller and McDonald are not compatible with every single law passed since 1934 was allowed to stand by SCOTUS.

The proper thing to do would be to reverse 1934 as the farce it was.

While the former will eventually happen, I have repeatedly stated here that I do not think SCOTUS will ever take a AWB case. They are fully aware Heller and McDonald are not compatible with every single law passed since 1934 was allowed to stand by SCOTUS.

The proper thing to do would be to reverse 1934 as the farce it was.

They're eventually going to get forced to take an AWB case one way or another.

The worst parts of the laws though will remain untouched under the rubric of "reasonable restrictions" blah blah blah... like for example, the
constructs of a prohibited person, or a 209A, etc, restricting rights of people who are not directly under some kind of criminal law process like incarceration or
some form of court defined probation.

-Mike

They're eventually going to get forced to take an AWB case one way or another.

The worst parts of the laws though will remain untouched under the rubric of "reasonable restrictions" blah blah blah... like for example, the
constructs of a prohibited person, or a 209A, etc, restricting rights of people who are not directly under some kind of criminal law process like incarceration or
some form of court defined probation.

-Mike

I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom