• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Monson police search Magic Lantern for evidence of early Sunday gunfire

Reptile

NES Member
MONSON - Police on Sunday evening executed a search warrant for the Magic Lantern strip club after management would not allow police inside as part of an investigation of a reported shooting several hours earlier in the parking lot, police said.

Chief Stephen Kozloski said the shooting occurred at around 1 a.m. at the Boston Road strip club but it was not reported to police for more than 12 hours later.

Police were notified of the incident by bar patrons, not club management.

Kozloski said officers responded to the scene Sunday afternoon and found evidence of gunfire in the parking lot. There were multiple shell casings on the ground in the lot, but nothing to indicate that anyone had been hit. No gunshot victims were admitted at any local hospitals either, he said.

When police tried to go inside the club as part of the investigation, the management told officers they would need a warrant, Kozloski said.

Officers obtained the search warrant from district court and served it at around 9 p.m., he said.

He described management of the club as uncooperative until police served the warrant.

Evidence recovered inside the club is now being reviewed by investigators. Included in that is recorded footage from the club’s surveillance system, he said.

Kozloski said police have notified the town licensing board about the incident, but have not requested a formal hear or filed a complaint against the club. Police have not contacted the state Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.

The police investigation is considered active, and town police are being assisted by the state police Detective Unit, he said.

It was just in the parking lot.

If I was in there and gunfire broke out - zipped flies be damned - I'll go from VIP to MIA ASAP.

There will be a trail of paper towels unrolling for 20 yards as I make my escape!

When police tried to go inside the club as part of the investigation, the management told officers they would need a warrant, Kozloski said.

Officers obtained the search warrant from district court and served it at around 9 p.m., he said.

He described management of the club as uncooperative until police served the warrant.
Bonus points if the club had their lawyer on-site when it was served.

Magic lantern is still there? We used to travel by busload there back in the late 70's
You very well could have been there when it was known by a different name-anyone remember ?

How about the other 'clubs' in downtown Spfld??

Nah, the lantern goes back that far. Used to be a state police barracks 50 yds down the road
Now it’s a bottle redemption center lol. The WORLD famous magic lantern. Never been in there but they do need to update the interior. Friend told me.

Now it’s a bottle redemption center lol. The WORLD famous magic lantern. Never been in there but they do need to update the interior. Friend told me.
hasn't been a redemption center in years. sadly. employed a lot of special needs people from the area there as well. win win. I can't stand those machines at the grocery stores. especially places not taking back brands they don't sell

hasn't been a redemption center in years. sadly. employed a lot of special needs people from the area there as well. win win. I can't stand those machines at the grocery stores. especially places not taking back brands they don't sell
Wow didn’t know that. I remember going there as a kid with pickup trucks full of cans.

I remember probably 10 or 20 years ago there was an incident inside where the police were looking for someone or went to arrest someone inside during the daytime. Patron/suspect tried to stab a cop with a fork and got shot somewhere that wasn't fatal for his troubles if I remember correctly what the newspaper story said.

I believe somebody new bought the place right before COVID started but place has had its share of trouble. As others said cop shooting a guy. Then a dancer was all messed up on night and decided to lay down and take a nap on route 20 got run over by newspaper truck. One other time they tossed some guy out then he came back with a bunch of OC spray and sprayed it into the fresh air intake on the HVAC. Sending a bunch of people to hospital.
So they have been in the news a bunch

Magic Lantern was my first foray into strip clubs. . . . . 30 years ago. Damn. 30 years ago. Wow. There was this one chick. It was mid-afternoon. She had no business being there. Absolutely stunning. She had eyes that could make you do anything. Shocking!

Gosh that was a former life for me. LOL

There is no sex in the champagne room.

Yeah. OK. You were never at Fantasies in the day. Even in the old location, they had lap dance rooms WITH DOORS ON THEM! :oops: Guys would be coming out (no pun intended) with their belt buckles undone.

Again - this is 22-30 years ago. Back when I was a d-bag of a husband and Mons Venus in Tampa was 98% full contact. (Although the time I went, Randy West was there. He almost got killed by one stripper when he grabbed her cooch like there was no tomorrow. LOL)

He described management of the club as uncooperative until police served the warrant

asking for a warrant= uncooperative?
It’s not a factually inaccurate statement. Technically, if a random dude on the street asks you to felate him and you refuse, you are being uncooperative. It’s the negative connotation that annoys me.

Back
Top Bottom