Money bomb the NRA

f*** them! In my 63 years I have learned that they are all in it for the money and cushy jobs and nothing else. I will go it alone as I always have.
Really?..The NRA officials are "only in it for the money"??

So is my union at work. Many (most??) union "officials" are in it for the cushy jobs, money, convention trips, etc..Yet they're the ONLY thing that stops the company from literally sh*tting all over us and cutting our collective throats (even more than they already effin do, literally EVERY single effin chance they get).

I (and most of my brothers and sisters in the union) effin despise most of our union officials.. BUT...They're the ONLY voice we have. Or, to put it more accurately, they're the $TRONGEST voice that we ("the people") have in the "legislature" (aka the bargaining table). Therefore I (we) give them our $upport. Every month...Every single month, even when most of us mumble "EFF THEM" under our breaths and tell each other that maybe we too should "go it alone" and save our money.. and the dues are GOING UP in June!.
But we're all gonna pay up, and we will pay even MORE if they ask us to, if it guarantees that we will continue to have the $trong voice and the power that comes with the union.
Otherwise, we'd invest the money into KY Jelly, cuz we'd need a lot of it if management (aka the "Anti-Gunners") had their way and kills the union (aka the NRA).

They (our union, much like the NRA) ain't perfect, and a lot of them are "just in it for the money".. BUT.. they provide the (legislative) power that comes from the contributions by their members (aka the membership of the NRA, GOA, GOAL, COMM2A etc).

I (we) get your point, feel your pain, and share in your frustration...BUT.. just stop and think what you'd be "carrying" for protection, if not for groups like NRA, GOA, COMM2A, GOAL, etc....But you're (all) free to do whatever you choose to do, and if that means "go it alone" then, well, go ahead.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Last edited:
I'm really tempted to give memberships to my nephews (ages 15 and 11), but their raving moonbat mother would totally freak out. And I don't want to make trouble for my brother because he has to live with her.
W̶h̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶?̶ Edit: Bad Joke was poorly thought through. That leads to two statements. He married her knowing he'd have to have to live with her despite being crazy. And alternatively if they are two people who express interest in firearms and shooting in a healthy manner then you might as well rip that band-aid off sooner rather than later. Might as well give crazy a dose of reality (if that is the situation) consequences be damned. Besides you cannot convince yourself otherwise that it wouldn't be kind of funny.

Last edited:
Why not make trouble? That leads to two statements. He married her knowing he'd have to have to live with her despite being crazy. And alternatively if they are two people who express interest in firearms and shooting in a healthy manner then you might as well rip that band-aid off sooner rather than later. Might as well give crazy a dose of reality (if that is the situation) consequences be damned. Besides you cannot convince yourself otherwise that it wouldn't be kind of funny.

You NEVER spit in another man's soup, you most likely have no idea of what else is going on and what damage such an action could cause.

Would you be happy if you did this to someone in a similar situation and they ended up divorcing and he lost his firearms due to a spurious charge of abuse or some other false charge?

Think hard before you give out such advice.

You NEVER spit in another man's soup, you most likely have no idea of what else is going on and what damage such an action could cause.

Would you be happy if you did this to someone in a similar situation and they ended up divorcing and he lost his firearms due to a spurious charge of abuse or some other false charge?

Think hard before you give out such advice.
For the first part it was clearly a joke about her being crazy. And for the second part I am more than aware of the ramifications. Such things should be considered before ever considering marrying a person. If you are truly so incompatible that your child sharing your view (and I VERY specifically said if that is something that they truly show interest in since if they are not interested then let them be) is going to cause a divorce inducing situation you clearly chose wrong. Besides you cannot tell me if she is being described as moonbat that she is not spitting in people's soup on the daily.
That being said you are absolutely right about not spitting in another man's soup and knowing a person's situation is a must. I am also aware that I lack sensitivity towards situations like that and definitely worded that intro wrongly. It was intended to be more tongue in cheek and usually am able to convey that better.

For the first part it was clearly a joke about her being crazy. And for the second part I am more than aware of the ramifications. Such things should be considered before ever considering marrying a person. If you are truly so incompatible that your child sharing your view (and I VERY specifically said if that is something that they truly show interest in since if they are not interested then let them be) is going to cause a divorce inducing situation you clearly chose wrong. Besides you cannot tell me if she is being described as moonbat that she is not spitting in people's soup on the daily.
That being said you are absolutely right about not spitting in another man's soup and knowing a person's situation is a must. I am also aware that I lack sensitivity towards situations like that and definitely worded that intro wrongly. It was intended to be more tongue in cheek and usually am able to convey that better.

Fair enough.

just renewed for 3 years with GOal + contribution.
this sh*t I saw all over the media yesterday is reminiscent of Nazi Germany and they call us nazis.
Common core did a great job of removing al factual history that went against their communist agenda.
these kids are clueless.

Magazine subscriptions aren't the best metric because not everyone ticks the box for them and I don't think the digital subscriptions are counted in the tallies.

Magazine subscriptions aren't the best metric because not everyone ticks the box for them and I don't think the digital subscriptions are counted in the tallies.
Also worth noting that "associate members" aren't eligible for any subscription.

The article where I found chart does recognize the gap, mentions that the NRA has released only vague numbers for "digital subscriptions".

I elected to skip the mag subscriptions because I will never read them and I get enough junk in my mailbox anyways, I am sure I am not the only one to opt out of that.

Thing is if you select digital, all the magazines are available to you. The "cost" billed to members for paper subscriptions are really printing & postage, not content production.

It seemed to have had some effect

Google Searches on ‘NRA Membership’ Hit Record Levels During Student Gun Control March

While students marched for gun control in Washington, DC, Americans were doing Google searches on “NRA membership” at a record pace.
The Daily Caller reported that searches for the term “NRA membership” surged to “peak popularity” on Google during the student gun control event. And the Daily Wire notedthat, when the last 14 years of search data for the term “NRA membership” was examined, it showed “searches for the phrase spiked higher over the weekend than … in response to the gun control push and campaign against the NRA after Sandy Hook.”

I donated on 3-24 but today I got some guy phoning me asking for a donation. Says he's from an outside party calling on the NRA's behalf. I told him I already donated but he wouldn't shutup so I told him not to push it and hung up. In retrospect, for all I know, this is a scam. Just sayin'.

Actions speak louder than words. Having the 2A in place but watered down to the point of it being meaningless is just as bad as not having it at all. We all need to demand a policy of no compromises regardless of the issue.

So, maybe stupid question: what is the differences among donating to the NRA or NRA-ILA or NRA-PVF ? Ive never donated to the NRA-PVF but will if the impact is quicker or directed in a different way than the other two.

Thoughts ?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom