Monday Morning OUCH!

I've never been in artillery, but I would guess you are not supposed to stand behind the cannon when you load it. A 2nd cousin of mine who was a Marine CAPT died from a head injury in the same exact way, ND's with cannons usually result in serious injury or death. :(

derek said:
I've never been in artillery, but I would guess you are not supposed to stand behind the cannon when you load it. A 2nd cousin of mine who was a Marine CAPT died from a head injury in the same exact way, ND's with cannons usually result in serious injury or death. :(

We had a guy stand behind the Breechblock of an M109A5 when it went off (a few years ago). He was lucky and only got a severe beating from it, and a LOT of embarrassment.

An ND with a Cannon is a very BAD thing, and someone's probably getting relieved of duty. They'll do a big investigation for a Short Round as well. I've seen one of those about 100 meters to my side (it was an 8 inch round, courtesy of the New Jersey Guard). Fortunately, I had a nice "Aluminum Foxhole", AKA an M113 to slide down into. That wasn't a pleasant experience.

Back
Top Bottom