Monadnock Rod & Gun in the news, NES gets a mention

Article here.

About five years ago, the club started allowing a regional organization — The Northeast Shooters — to use the range for events. When that group uses the shooting range, which is usually three or four days a year, there are more people participating, and the club allows the explosive Tannerite to be used. That’s the only time explosives are used, Carbone said.

I like Mark Carbone's response. He hit the nail on the head: It's a shooting range, and shooting happens.

It's nice to see a club representative stand firm. All too often club leadership bends over backwards to appease people who move in close by years after the club is established.

Good on him.

This says it all...

The complainer quoted in the original story only moved to her home in 2009, moving from another town and moving from the Bay State in 2005 according to public records.

The neighbors and selectmen can go pound sand.

RSA 159-B.
State of New Hampshire said:
159-B:5 Nuisance. – Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, a person may not maintain a nuisance action for noise or noise pollution against a shooting range, or the owners, operators, or users of the range, located in the vicinity of that person's property, if the shooting range was established, constructed, or being used on a regular basis as of the date the person acquired the property.

RSA 159-B.

Originally Posted by State of New Hampshire
159-B:5 Nuisance. – Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, a person may not maintain a nuisance action for noise or noise pollution against a shooting range, or the owners, operators, or users of the range, located in the vicinity of that person's property, if the shooting range was established, constructed, or being used on a regular basis as of the date the person acquired the property.

I love NH. [kiss]

Free states are wonderful.

I love NH. [kiss]

Free states are wonderful.

Unfortunately, NH won't stay as free as it is if we let moonbats and whiners like this woman control our lives...I've seen a decided decline in "free-ness" in this state in the past 50 years that I've lived here, most of the losses being due to this kind of mentality.

Unfortunately, NH won't stay as free as it is if we let moonbats and whiners like this woman control our lives...I've seen a decided decline in "free-ness" in this state in the past 50 years that I've lived here, most of the losses being due to this kind of mentality.

The law cited above was passed only 8 years ago.

Still feeling like we're in decline?

The law cited above was passed only 8 years ago.

Still feeling like we're in decline?

Only due to the fact that the selectmen wrote the club. If they had any balls, they would have quoted the law to the complainant and told her that she has no legitimate complaint, have a nice day!

I can hear the club from my house and wish it were louder. Neighbor sounds like a whiner.

Actually, in the whole scheme of things over the past 50 years, I do.

Yeah. It's definitely less "leavemealone" than I recall even in leftie areas from when I was a kid (I didn't really grow up here, though). I do think the decline hit a wall somewhere in the last decade or two and has started to reverse. You know when Milford is electing 8/8 Rs to the state house, something is up. Still there are always those who didn't move here 'cause they liked how it is in NH (or how they recall it from their yoot, in my case).

Back
Top Bottom