Monadnock Rod & Gun club members in the rindge area?

Hi all- just moved to the area this year after building our house here in rindge, nh.
I was searching for a nice club to join in the area- I found Monadnock Rod & Gun just down the road in peterborough that looks like a nice family oriented club, but they require sponsorship.
I was hoping to find another local who might be able to help me out with sponsorship? It's hard to meet people when you're new in town...
It's a little confusing on their web site- but it looks like they only do enrollment once a year in january- I think it's already too late this year and there's a waiting list since they only allow 300 members at a time (I assume there's a waiting list anyway- not sure how long it is)
So, I'd also like to find another club in the area temporarily until my name is up on the Monadnock rod & gun list- any suggestions...?
Monadnock seems to be the only one around with an indoor lead range?
Have 3 younger kids (3, 7, 13) and my wife- we got our 7yo into cub scouts first thing, to meet some kids out of the school yard- so it'll be nice to get them involved in the range activities as well. [grin] [cheers]

Three suggestions:

- Ping Monadnock on NES for info about the club. He's the president and great guy.
- Attend one of the NES Shoots (look in Members forum) at Monadnock, you'll meet members of the club there and solve your sponsorship issue.
- Indoor range? Unless I missed something there is no indoor range here. I've been a member of BR&P for 18 years now, we have two great HEPA filtered indoor ranges, but it's been years since I shot indoors. Whenever possible, I prefer outdoors. YMMV

I've attended some NES shoots there and can say that they are a great club and great bunch of folks. If I lived anywhere near there, I'd join in a heartbeat.

There's an indoor range at the Peterborough sportsman's club off 101. U get a key for the gate and a key for the indoor range. I used to go shooting after work at 2am at the indoor range. It's nice there.

There's an indoor range at the Peterborough sportsman's club off 101. U get a key for the gate and a key for the indoor range. I used to go shooting after work at 2am at the indoor range. It's nice there.

I was under the impression that monadnock rod and gun was the same as peterborough sportsman club where the indoor range is? Membership at one covers both?

Three suggestions:

- Ping Monadnock on NES for info about the club. He's the president and great guy.
- Attend one of the NES Shoots (look in Members forum) at Monadnock, you'll meet members of the club there and solve your sponsorship issue.
- Indoor range? Unless I missed something there is no indoor range here. I've been a member of BR&P for 18 years now, we have two great HEPA filtered indoor ranges, but it's been years since I shot indoors. Whenever possible, I prefer outdoors. YMMV

I've attended some NES shoots there and can say that they are a great club and great bunch of folks. If I lived anywhere near there, I'd join in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the info-
Monadnock references an indoor range on their website...
I like shooting outside as well, but not when it's 25* out or with my kids. ;)
BR&P???

Hi all- just moved to the area this year after building our house here in rindge, nh.
I was searching for a nice club to join in the area- I found Monadnock Rod & Gun just down the road in peterborough that looks like a nice family oriented club, but they require sponsorship.
I was hoping to find another local who might be able to help me out with sponsorship? It's hard to meet people when you're new in town...
It's a little confusing on their web site- but it looks like they only do enrollment once a year in january- I think it's already too late this year and there's a waiting list since they only allow 300 members at a time (I assume there's a waiting list anyway- not sure how long it is)
So, I'd also like to find another club in the area temporarily until my name is up on the Monadnock rod & gun list- any suggestions...?
Monadnock seems to be the only one around with an indoor lead range?
Have 3 younger kids (3, 7, 13) and my wife- we got our 7yo into cub scouts first thing, to meet some kids out of the school yard- so it'll be nice to get them involved in the range activities as well. [grin] [cheers]

Welcome to Rindge.

I read through the thread, and Len2A was correct about the indoor range ...or lack thereof comment.

Here are links to the two separate Clubs:

Monadnock Rod and Gun Club on Route 202W on the town line of Peterborough/Jaffrey, NH

Peterborough Sportsmen's Club in Dublin, NH

Peterborough does have an indoor range, and Monadnock does not. Monadnock has a covered outdoor 200 yard range.

I do believe that we've been in-touch, but not as Monadnock and beergut ...hehehe.

PS - There are at least a half-dozen NES MEmbers who live in Rindge, NH and are Monadnock Rod and Gun Club Members.

PPS - There is an extant MRGCI Club Thread in this forum

Last edited:
Welcome to Rindge.

I read through the thread, and Len2A was correct about the indoor range ...or lack thereof comment.

Here are links to the two separate Clubs:

Monadnock Rod and Gun Club on Route 202W on the town line of Peterborough/Jaffrey, NH

Peterborough Sportsmen's Club in Dublin, NH

Peterborough does have an indoor range, and Monadnock does not. Monadnock has a covered outdoor 200 yard range.

I do believe that we've been in-touch, but not as Monadnock and beergut ...hehehe.

PS - There are at least a half-dozen NES MEmbers who live in Rindge, NH and are Monadnock Rod and Gun Club Members.

PPS - There is an extant MRGCI Club Thread in this forum

Hi monadnock- thanks for responding. I did send an email to the monadnock rod & gun a while back but I never heard back- I don't recall any contact... [thinking]
It looks like a really nice club- really looking forward to becoming a member.
I'm heading to the manchester gun show tomorrow with my 13yo- hopefully to find a new long-gun :)
Does MRCG offer / sell temporary 1 day passes to sight in new rifles?

Hi monadnock- thanks for responding. I did send an email to the monadnock rod & gun a while back but I never heard back- I don't recall any contact... [thinking]

Hmmm ...I just went through the Club's emails (anything sent to the multiple contact email addresses sent to the Club going back to October) and couldn't find any that fit your profile according to any of those multiple email's content. In regards to the reply to emails, I am pretty good about it, so a missed communication is unusual. Perhaps you can PM me with your email address and I can search the mail server for your original email. Did you receive the auto-genertaed "Thank you for inquiring ...yad yada yada" from our mail server when you sent it?

It looks like a really nice club- really looking forward to becoming a member.
I'm heading to the manchester gun show tomorrow with my 13yo- hopefully to find a new long-gun :)
Does MRCG offer / sell temporary 1 day passes to sight in new rifles?

I would be willing to extend an offer of you (and your son) of being my guest at the range. There's still a nominal $10 fee, and that has everything to do with insurance. But you can spend the day at the range for that fee as my guest to sight-in or whatever. Just PM me and we can make arrangements. If you are unfamiliar with the term, on forums such as this one, a PM is a Personal Message, and is utilized by logging-in and going to "Settings", there you can compose a PM and send it to my Monadnock forum name.

Hmmm ...I just went through the Club's emails (anything sent to the multiple contact email addresses sent to the Club going back to October) and couldn't find any that fit your profile according to any of those multiple email's content. In regards to the reply to emails, I am pretty good about it, so a missed communication is unusual. Perhaps you can PM me with your email address and I can search the mail server for your original email. Did you receive the auto-genertaed "Thank you for inquiring ...yad yada yada" from our mail server when you sent it?

I would be willing to extend an offer of you (and your son) of being my guest at the range. There's still a nominal $10 fee, and that has everything to do with insurance. But you can spend the day at the range for that fee as my guest to sight-in or whatever. Just PM me and we can make arrangements. If you are unfamiliar with the term, on forums such as this one, a PM is a Personal Message, and is utilized by logging-in and going to "Settings", there you can compose a PM and send it to my Monadnock forum name.

Hi monadnock- wow- I'd really appreciate that. :)
The email I sent was on 11/4/2016 at 9:56pm - I'll PM you the email with full headers. You may very well have replied and it went to my spam box- but my spam box is emptied automatically.
I also mailed in my application on nov 5th- but never heard back, so I wasn't sure if I'd hear back once my name came up on the new member list or if my app was misplaced.
I wouldn't blame Monadnock R&G at all- we had some very annoying issues with our mail service when we moved in; we were getting someone's mail for weeks, and we weren't getting our mail (pick-up or delivery)
I mailed out a b-day card but it never arrived... We were un-aware of the issue until our mortgage company mailed out important documents but they never arrived- twice! Apparently, these lake front houses / cottages cycled through different #'s a couple times- and because we're on a private way, there was some issues years back with having mailboxes on our houses or having just po boxes. when I pulled the siding off our house, I found it was #28 (not our current #21) and one of my neighbors used to be #14 but is now #10. it was a mess, but things seem to be good now (well, we get plenty of bills anyway! lol [rolleyes] )
So- I'm just going to assume my app never made it to you guys and I'll "hand deliver" another one! [wink]

Last edited:
Hey Mike, back in 2010 in Rindge, the Emergency Response System/911 re-aligned not just domicile numbers, but street names in some cases too (aaaarghh). Try explaining to your mortgage company that your complete address has changed.

In any case, your email was sent at almost 10pm on the night before the Pumpkin Blast VIII, so there's that. Still, I should have caught it, because I had it, and had actually flagged it.

On a brighter note, you're (your family is) scheduled to be voted into the Club in February according to my notes. You were automatically put on a waiting list when you sent in your application, I assumed the sponsorship. You would have heard from me in a week or so in any case.

Hey Mike, back in 2010 in Rindge, the Emergency Response System/911 re-aligned not just domicile numbers, but street names in some cases too (aaaarghh). Try explaining to your mortgage company that your complete address has changed.

In any case, your email was sent at almost 10pm on the night before the Pumpkin Blast VIII, so there's that. Still, I should have caught it, because I had it, and had actually flagged it.

On a brighter note, you're (your family is) scheduled to be voted into the Club in February according to my notes. You were automatically put on a waiting list when you sent in your application, I assumed the sponsorship. You would have heard from me in a week or so in any case.

that's funny you mentioned the 911 thing- I do recall my neighbor, who's been here for over 20 years, mentioning something about the 911 system really messing things up on the street when I first met him- but it went over my head at the time. our address / mail issue was even more involved than I got into above (to lazy to type it all out :/ ) - the "cottage" we bought on the lake never had a mail box, because the previous owners (of 60 years) were only seasonal. they were one of the first few cottages to build on the private dead-end street. so the post office had no record of our house, and the town had our house as #28 (which never made sense to me until I removed the siding and saw #28 on the old wood shingles) and the bank note had the property as #21- ughh, we had some tense moments with the bank and had to provide proof to the bank that our house was in fact "real" - talk about a nightmare!
Thanks for figuring out the application thing! I'll be in touch this week- and let me know if I can help out welding that gate. [cheers]

Back
Top Bottom