Monadnock Rod and Gun - We Need Your Help

Sending my fourth week tonight. Was happy to help but I’ll be out after that, moms back in the hospital and I need to keep it close for now and make sure I’m padding her account.

Good luck and keep up the pressure on those dicks.

So, what's best? Direct contributions via check? PayPal? GoFundMe? Some other mechanism? Idgaf, I just want the most "Bang". Also, any way to contribute/donate Discover points?

Paypal and GoFundMe both take a "commission" (IIRC it is 3%). PP may seize money at any time due to "gunz", so no way I trust them.

I sent a check but last I looked it hasn't been cashed yet (sent 1 month ago). Sent to the PO Box used for prior shoot payments.

Each time I paid my membership for NES, I have sent a check for the same reason. I'd rather the club/Derek get ALL the money I send rather than a portion of it.

Paypal and GoFundMe both take a "commission" (IIRC it is 3%). PP may seize money at any time due to "gunz", so no way I trust them.

I sent a check but last I looked it hasn't been cashed yet (sent 1 month ago). Sent to the PO Box used for prior shoot payments.

Each time I paid my membership for NES, I have sent a check for the same reason. I'd rather the club/Derek get ALL the money I send rather than a portion of it.
Agree with the idea of a check being "fee free" but if they're not getting cashed in a timely manner that could be an issue. With PayPal if the payment comes from a checking account rather than cc it is also "fee free". Didn't know GFM charged a fee:(

Agree with the idea of a check being "fee free" but if they're not getting cashed in a timely manner that could be an issue. With PayPal if the payment comes from a checking account rather than cc it is also "fee free". Didn't know GFM charged a fee:(
Checks that aren't being cashed in a timely manner is an issue at the receiver's end. Easily solvable.

No way in hell I'd ever trust PP with my checking info. Somehow they were hacked many years ago and I had numerous bogus charges from Singapore on my AX. AX took care of it and PP NEVER responded to my query about it. I only use 1x use cc numbers for PP when I MUST use it (extremely rare) now for that reason . . . I put a dollar limit and 2 month expiration as well on it so no damage can be done.

It looks like GoFundMe charged 2.9% processing fee + .30 per donation for their fees in the U.S.
Yes, I found that out a while ago. The Daughter's SO of my best friend was severely injured on a European vacation and she setup a GFM page, so I checked it out and then sent him a check directly. Personally I don't like funding a "middle man" and understand that for PP or GFM to exist they have to generate revenue, but not from me.

Money sent because we have to fight this anti crap at every turn, but I do have to say, with a tiny cap like 300 members, it's like saying "Come together as a gun community and help us out with legal fees" While at the same time keeping out a large number of that local gun community with the extremely low member cap.

Money sent because we have to fight this anti crap at every turn, but I do have to say, with a tiny cap like 300 members, it's like saying "Come together as a gun community and help us out with legal fees" While at the same time keeping out a large number of that local gun community with the extremely low member cap.

Perhaps the facilities can only support a small member base. Maybe at one point they had more members and it was too crowded so the club decided to impose the cap. You can't know why unless you were involved or you're a mind reader.

MRGCI and its leadership have generously hosted NES shoots for years. They put hours of work in, open up their club to us, and let us do stuff most clubs in this area would balk at like shooting tannerite and demolishing cars.

Back
Top Bottom