Monadnock Rod and Gun - We Need Your Help

xtry51

NES Member
I am writing this post as a representative of MRGCI and asking for the help of the NES community. We have encountered a situation where a group of people are using local government in an attempt to attack our range. MRGCI, as recently reported, has a current case open with regards to a land dispute involving a section of the range property. Our range has been active since 1940, on the same plot of land, with posted borders in the area of dispute.
In retaliation of filing this case, some antis who for years have been filing frivolous complaints with police, are attempting to create false accusations about land use and false claims of wetlands impact. As you all know this sort of action has been tried before at other locations in New England to shutdown ranges. While the laws in NH strongly shield ranges and are in our favor, we still need to mount a defense, which means legal fees.
We have retained Penny Dean as legal counsel for our defense over the past months and she is living up to her reputation as a strong firearms attorney. We are a relatively small club with a 300 member cap and low membership cost. As this will likely be a long process it will put financial pressure on the club. If anyone can help with donations to the club to help us in this fight, we would greatly appreciate any generosity that may be found here at NES or from anyone you may know who is familiar with our range and the events we cater. We continue to share our club, providing a venue for great experiences for pro-2A communities including NES, and we will continue fighting to maintain our rights to do so in the future.

If you wish to donate or know others who can, please have any contributions sent either through our standard Paypal account we use for events at [email protected] or mail them to us at Monadnock Rod and Gun, PO Box 82, Jaffrey, NH 03452. We are a filed non-profit if you are recording anything for tax purposes. If using Paypal please use just the word "Donation" as the description.

Edited: GoFundMe link below for posting to other sites & social media.

Click here to support Monadnock Rod & Gun Defense Fund

Last edited:
If we use PayPal, should we pick the "paying for an item or service" choice, or "sending to a friend". The former charges a fee for the club, but donation isn't a choice here.

I am writing this post as a representative of MRGCI and asking for the help of the NES community. We have encountered a situation where a group of people are using local government in an attempt to attack our range. MRGCI, as recently reported, has a current case open with regards to a land dispute involving a section of the range property. Our range has been active since 1940, on the same plot of land, with posted borders in the area of dispute.
In retaliation of filing this case, some antis who for years have been filing frivolous complaints with police, are attempting to create false accusations about land use and false claims of wetlands impact. As you all know this sort of action has been tried before at other locations in New England to shutdown ranges. While the laws in NH strongly shield ranges and are in our favor, we still need to mount a defense, which means legal fees.
We have retained Penny Dean as legal counsel for our defense over the past months and she is living up to her reputation as a strong firearms attorney. We are a relatively small club with a 300 member cap and low membership cost. As this will likely be a long process it will put financial pressure on the club. If anyone can help with donations to the club to help us in this fight, we would greatly appreciate any generosity that may be found here at NES or from anyone you may know who is familiar with our range and the events we cater. We continue to share our club, providing a venue for great experiences for pro-2A communities including NES, and we will continue fighting to maintain our rights to do so in the future.

If you wish to donate or know others who can, please have any contributions sent either through our standard Paypal account we use for events at [email protected] or mail them to us at Monadnock Rod and Gun, PO Box 82, Jaffrey, NH 03452. We are a filed non-profit if you are recording anything for tax purposes. If using Paypal please use just the word "Donation" as the description.
I'm on the bod at my club. I'll check into a possible donation from our club.

You should post this in the gun club forum and ask other clubs for help!

I think there could be a Com 2a type group for Club legal defense. Clubs could join and share legal resources. It may be cheaper (shared resources and common litigators). National groups like the NRA could be approached to help fund.

I don't have a ton of money for a lump sum, but I'm paypalling my coffee money for the coming month in four, weekly payments of $25 for a total $100 donation.

Will someone step up and match me? $100 may not make a difference, but $200 could and at $25/week it shouldn't hurt too badly.
That's what I did when we were helping another member here a while back. That's how I plan to do this, weekly sending until all the anti's have been called back to Planet Psycho. So forever...

An initial cash infusion is nice, but I have a feeling they're going to need an ongoing funding source, hence my earlier suggestion that we figure out how to set up a "fund" for future needs whether Monadnock or another club. Like I said, I doubt this is the last club that will have this problem.

Last edited:
The continual harassment from the antis is disgusting. It would be great if there is some way they can be held financially responsible for all the expenses the club incurs from having to deal with this BS. I will plan on sending a check out soon. Sorry to hear about this.

xtry51 if paying by check do we put pay to: Monadnock Rod and Gun or MRGCI or something else?

I don't have a ton of money for a lump sum, but I'm paypalling my coffee money for the coming month in four, weekly payments of $25 for a total $100 donation.

Will someone step up and match me? $100 may not make a difference, but $200 could and at $25/week it shouldn't hurt too badly.
ill match you. payment sent to MRGCI. love that place, hav e some great memories doing things I've only ever been able to do there. met some awesome folks along the way. let's keep bumping this

Back
Top Bottom