• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Monadnock Rod and Gun Club - Peterborough/Jaffrey, NH

Yeah, thanks for the TXT last night. I'm going to get up there with some sand too. I have my staple gun and shovel project in any case. And Chris said that he was going to bring up some timbers to raise the target container.

ohhoowwww... So, it may be possible to get in? I got 10 new handloads I wanna try out, may try to take a trip out Thursday...

I got in and out just fine in my Sorento, and there were several others down there shooting. Might be prudent to keep a small bag of salt in the car just in case.

Forester w/standard tranny. The only thing that stops me is clearance. I could pull a 1500# trailer up there covered in ice (I know 'cuz I have done similar with it).

Snow gets too deep and it rides up on it until all 4 spin. Found that out as well...

I was at the Club this afternoon trying out some new combos of my own. The ice has cleared a bit, but as xtry51 said, it's still slick, so be careful on your feet. The target stands and frames have been decimated. I trashed a half dozen of them today. I'm charging up my battery powered circular saw and drill this evening. I'll try and build a few new frames tomorrow if I get the opportunity.

I'm in Burlington tomorrow, but am home Friday Mark if you want to meet up and do it then. I'm free 830am-2pm.

Thanks K ...unfortunately, I'm probably going to be working at that time.

Another MEmber is going to build some new stands. I will be coming back through again late tonight, and will be there making the frames then if necessary.

And yes R, there are frames, stands, and cardboard still there.

I am still trying to locate a suitable lanyard setup for the staple gun. I have a bumch of stuff that I can use, I just have to find the right container!

Free NRA Home Firearm Safety Course this Saturday at Monadnock Rod & Gun

It's not too late to sign up, just give Ken a call (see flier), a free NRA course with certificate! Have a question about your pistol? Well then, bring it. Ken is the Chairman of the Board at the Club, an NRA certified instructor in many disciplines, a gun shop owner in Temple, NH, and frequent RSO at our NES Shoots at the Club.

mrgci_home_firearms_safety_NRA_Caisse_summer_2015.png

7th Annual NES Gunpowderpig Firearms Festival - NortheastShooter's Green Member Pig Roast and Car Shoot

You must be a GREEN MEMBER of the NES in order to sign up for this shoot. You may also participate as the guest of an NES Green Member.

Saturday August 15, 2014 9AM-4PM
NES Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival VII at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club in Peterborough/Jaffrey New Hampshire

Access to the signup/payment thread is through this LINK in the NES Green Member section of the forum. You must be a paid NES Green Member to see the post.

We welcome:
Large Calibers (.50 is fine), Signal Mortar & Cannon (no projectiles unless discussed beforehand), NFA (fully-automatic, suppressed, and SBR firearms), Binary-X ...Tannerite of a decent quality, some sub-standard stuff flashes orange at detonation, and can cause the ignition of fires ...if I witness this type of chemical reaction, that BX will be verboten from further use on our range.

Saturday August 15th 9AM to 4PM

This is a private event for "Green" NortheastShooters (NES) and their guests (limit of 3 guests per Green Member of NES). There is camping available; both tenting and trailer/popup. There are no hookups, but there is pit area for fire by the large pavilion.

Precis:
Gates open at 4PM Friday for primitive camping. Meet and greet starts at 9AM Saturday morning, waiver/log sign-in runs until about 9:30 or so. Then the firearms range rules are read ...10AM or so, let the shootin' commence. Then a quasi-break for lunch (details below) and again We will break temporarily at 3PM there will be a mass "cleanup" where we will quickly cleanup detritus from the range. Attention campers, Sunday morning 3D Archery starts at 8am.

When you arrive at the event, after parking, proceed to the signup table under the pavilion. Here, you will be asked to sign the MRGCI Waiver (compulsory), and the NES/MRGCI Waivers (compulsory). After signing, you will be issued your nametag on a bull-nose clip. Your NES Screen Name (avatar), (this is your "Paid" ID), and it’s also your meal ticket (that you display to get your meal). Please take care not to lose your tag, and be sure that it’s visible at all times.

NOTE: Since we will not be needing the full 200 yards of the range, EVERYONE is invited to park on the firearms range behind the zero line (unless you’re making a last minute donation). There will be large areas taped-off just behind the zero line for parking and another for setting up your canopies, pop-ups, tables, chairs and what-have-you.

All fees include a $5 donation to a pro-firearms organization, a $5 meal* fee, and (for shooters*** only), miscellaneous "target expenses", and a $10 Firearm's Range compulsory fee

Lunch: Kitchen starts serving at 12:30pm
Owing to several requests over the last few shoots, the Range will not go "cold" during the lunch break ...with one exception; there will be NO tannerite used between 12:30pm and 1:30pm. We purchase food according to the head count of paid attendees, so when the chow’s gone, it’s gone.

* - The meal is included in the entrance fee and shall consist of:

A heaping plate of roasted pig (if you do not want the pig a substitution of chicken breast is possible, but you must PM me so I have a head count for purchase and preparation), potato salad, macaroni salad, and corn-on-the-cob and a self-serve bucket o’ beverages (water, soda) …there will be free coffee and probably some doughnuts in the morning.

There will be a self-serve condiment area that will have a plethora of BBQ sauces, mustards, relishes, catsup, hot sauces, mayo, vinegar in a spray bottle, etc.

[FONT=&amp]###[/FONT]Please note, a new rule: If an attendee plans on having more than one plate of food ...in fact, a bottomless plate of food, then add $5 to your entrance fee, and pig out. You cannot, and will not have the opportunity to pay on-the-spot. This event is a NO CASH deal, all payment must be made before the event please.[FONT=&amp]###

[/FONT]
Targets: At least one vehicle to be named later. Paper targets on strapping frames. Clays, and perhaps some other more interesting objectives. There will be several available. Tannerite is okay to use within reason. Blowing sections from our berm, or blowing up items from home is not allowed. Certainly plastic, glass, large sections of wood, large metal fasteners and anything that would create potentially hazardous schrapnel is verboten.

DO NOT bring any* targets from home.. Not even soccer balls ...this is not a free-for-all. If you have something exceptional to contribute, and you think that I might be interested, please do not discuss it in the thread beforehand, simply PM me, and it will be taken under consideration, The MRGCI berm is not a place to get rid of the junk at your house
C:\Users\MINUTE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\c   lip_image001.gif

And there will be reasonable limits as far as Tannerite (volume of mixture) is concerned. Big bangs are fun ...we've knocked snow from the pavilion roof in-the-past, and set off car alarms. But it was basically a naked container of binary, ...not enclosed in anything that might create dangerous schrapnel, or a mess. Further, some sub-standard Tannerite-equivalent mixtures, and some with various "additives" can flash orange at detonation, and can cause the ignition of fires ...If I witness this type of behavior, or it is reported to me, then that BX will be verboten from further use on our range.

Our range is a shooting range, and not a junkyard. As careful as we try to be, each event leaves its "residue", and Members are unimpressed when they find chunks of UNK detritus scattered about the area.

*other than paper targets

DO NOT bring any cannon or mortar unless you first consult with me via PM/email/phone call. NO EXCEPTIONS. You show up with a cannon or mortar without consultation, then you're leaving it in the vehicle it arrived in. If you have a problem with that, I will show you to the gate. We have no idea whether these mechanisms have been shot before, and whether they are even proven safe to handle pressures and anything else involved in common use. The only cannon/mortar that have used projectiles in-the-past were proven pieces of equipment run by responsible, proven crews.

Not to be a killjoy, but this has everything to do with safety, respect to the Club property, and insurance oriented factors.

We enjoy these NES Green shoots and are very permissive versus many, most, or perhaps all other Clubs. Please follow the rules, and we will continue to be so.

Brass: Pick up your own brass. RSOs will have an eye-out for brass rats. Violators will be warned, and habitual offenders will be publicly shamed. Tarps to catch brass are welcome if you have a mind to.

Full Auto: The kind folks bringing along the fully automatic hardware have "special needs" and as such, will have a reserved area that'll make it easier for them to get in-and-out, and easier for others to participate and or enjoy the show. For those who are familiar with the layout, the left-side end of the shooting (zero) line will be reserved for the NFA folk (including those bringing suppressed firearms). and an area will be taped-off for this purpose. If you are bringing any full-auto firearms, please PM me to let me know, what you intend to bring, and whether all of your stuff is carried in one vehicle.

Volunteers
: If you want to volunteer to be a Range Safety Officer, a Medic, or take part in Setup or Cleanup help, please let me know by PM or in-this-thread. NOTE: a footnote about being a volunteer RSO****

There is no "In" list per se, when your payment is received you (and your guest count) are added in green to the only list below …the PAID list.

Stuff to bring if you got 'em (and care to bring 'em): popup canopy, folding/collapsible chair, personal table, sunscreen, a hat, insect repellant (though we haven’t really had any related issues in-the-past), PPE - personal protection equipment (eye and ear protection, etc.)

So, that's the basic rundown of a an NES shoot at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club. We've had many over the years, and this will be the 7th Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival ...and event shirts are in-the-works, available solely to attendees.

Go Green and come on down to a Car Shoot, have some delicious roasted pig, and meet some fine NES people.

[FONT=&amp]
[FONT=&amp]MRGCI.com 2016 Event Schedule[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]This Schedule of Events at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club is current as of April 26, 2016. Please refer to the online ‘Event Calendar’ link on the Club’s homepage at mrgci.com for the latest edits, additions and cancellations.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]* Mar 14th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting upstairs at the American Legion in Jaffrey - [/FONT][FONT=&amp]ATTENTION: If you have not renewed your Household Membership from last year by the end of this meeting in person or by mail, you lose your Member in Good Standing status, and you will have to apply as a new Member. If you were not a Member in 2015, then you are automatically a new Member and must apply as one regardless of past Membership.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 2nd: Excruciathlon V - Mudder Biathlon ...where endurance meets accuracy - registered NES Green Members and Club Members may compete, NES & MRGCI Members and their guests are welcome to spectate All Ranges and Pond Closed - Club closed until 3:30PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 11th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 7:30PM Upstairs at the American Legion in Jaffrey[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 14th: Hunter Education[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 1 of 3 5:30PM till 9PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 16th: Hunter Education[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 2 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 17th: Hunter Education[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 3 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 24th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series Sunday Season Opener 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 26th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series Tuesday Season Opener 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 30th-May1st: Youth Turkey Hunt Weekend Shotgun or Bow ...check WMUs[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 3rd-31st: Spring Turkey Hunting Opening Day - Shotgun or Bow - limit 1 male or bearded bird...check WMUs[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Apr 30th: Spring Trigger Breakout VI[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Private Rental - NortheastShooter's Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM - registered NES Green Members and their guests[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 1st: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 3rd: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 4th: Opening Day: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 8th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 9th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting under the Grand Pavilion at the Club[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 10th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 11th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 14th-15th: RWVA's Project Appleseed[/FONT][FONT=&amp] One or Two-Day Rifle Marksmanship Clinic and Revolutionary War history course - beginner to advanced 8:00AM to 6:00PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 15th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 17th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 18th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 21st: NRA Firearms Safety in the Home Course[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 8:00AM to 12:00PM this is a FREE course[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 22nd: Granite State Bowhunters Members and Public Shoot[/FONT][FONT=&amp] - all welcome, but only GSB Members compete for points 7:00AM registration begins, all archers must start course by 10:00AM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 22nd: CANCELLED: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 24th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 25th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 29th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 31st: Spring Turkey Season Closes Statewide[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* May 31st: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 1st: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 2nd: Pond Stocking Day[/FONT][FONT=&amp] ...5PM, Members come on down and see the trout up close and personal! ATTENTION: There is absolutely no fishing allowed on the pond from the time that the pond is stocked until 6am Monday morning June 6th other than participation in the actual scheduled Fishing Derbies on the 4th and the 5th.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 4th: 69th Annual Robert C. Heywood Memorial Children's Fishing Derby[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 9AM-till 12 Noon ....prizes and trophies follow, Open to all area children from 2-15 free fishing, free food and drinks, and free prizes for all participants - Club closed to other activities until Derby activities are concluded, all ranges closed for duration of event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 5th: Annual Member's Fishing Derby[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 9AM-till 12 Noon ....awarding of prizes to follow, Members only, no guests, Fish Stamp required Entry Fee - $10 - 3 keepers, 50-50 prize pool for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, no throw-backs - 3D archery range use is limited, targets 1 and 2 are closed during the event. Archery practice range and firearms range are open during the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 5th: Archery Sunday LIMITED USE targets 1 and perhaps 2 will not be available[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 6th: 72nd Anniversary of D-Day ...Operation Neptune/Operation Overlord[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 7th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 8th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 13th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting under the Grand Pavilion at the Club[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 12th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 14th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 15th: : Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series Please be respectful of the rental and allow privacy for the group using the pavilion area - 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 15th: Amoskeag Veterans' Summer Muster[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Rental 3PM-till 9PM Amoskeag Veterans Members only The Club's pond and ranges are open to all Membership until 3:00PM at which time, the pond and all ranges close[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 18th: 5th Annual NES Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Private Rental - NortheastShooter's Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM . - registered NES Green Members and their guests[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 19th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 21st: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 22nd: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 25th: Al Straitiff Memorial Celebration[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Semi-Private Event Invited Members and Guests 12PM-4PM - Firearms Range will be open from 9Am till 12PM and close for the duration of the event, re-opening at 4PM See the online Event Calendar for details[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 26th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 28th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 29th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jun 30th: CMARS Shoot Crotched Mountain Therapeutic Recreation Shoot Series day 1 of 5[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Sturm-Ruger/Access Outdoors New England 5:00PM till 7:00PM, Pre-Registered Public is Welcome - Range is closed for the duration of the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 4th: Independence Day[/FONT][FONT=&amp] ..."A day that should be celebrated with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations" John Adams July 3, 1776[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 3rd: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 5th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 6th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 9th: Women's Outdoor Adventure Day[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 8AM-till 6PM The public is welcome to register. This will be a day of opportunity to learn and participate in archery, firearms, fishing, orienteering/survival and related outdoor-type events taught by seasoned instructors and followed by an early evening BBQ get-together. For details and registration information Contact Ken: 603-562-7832[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 10th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 11th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting under the Grand Pavilion at the Club [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 12th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 13th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 16th: Member's Day[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 9AM-till 11PM Members and the Public for morning Sturm-Ruger shooting portion 9am-12pm, thereafter Members Only BBQ then Members and their Guests for Live Band Classic R’n’R with SheepDip in-the-evening. A free day of fun for the Membership[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 17th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 19th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 20th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 23rd: NRA Firearms Safety in the Home Course[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 8:00PM to 12:00PM this is a FREE course[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 24th: Granite State Bowhunters Championship 3D Shoot - Members and Public Shoot[/FONT][FONT=&amp] - all welcome, but only GSB Members compete for the Championship 7:00AM registration begins, all archers must start course by 10:00AM, Vendor Prize Give-Aways …Gold Tip Display Team plus, Pelletiere’s Sports Shop Sponsorship Contact: Mark 978-798-0130[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 24th: CANCELLED: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series is cancelled due to the GSB Championship Shoot[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 26th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 27th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 28th: CMARS Shoot Crotched Mountain Therapeutic Recreation Shoot Series day 2 of 5[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Sturm-Ruger/Access Outdoors New England 5:00PM till 7:00PM, Pre-Registered Public is Welcome - Range is closed for the duration of the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Jul 31st: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 2nd: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 3rd: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 11th: CMARS Shoot Crotched Mountain Therapeutic Recreation Shoot Series day 3 of 5[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Sturm-Ruger/Access Outdoors New England 5:00PM till 7:00PM, Pre-Registered Public is Welcome - Range is closed for the duration of the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 6th: 5th Annual Dave Hanan Memorial 3D Archery Shoot[/FONT][FONT=&amp] 30 Target 3D Course Modern & Traditional, Running Deer, Long Range Novelty Ball Shot, 50-50s, and many prizes! Registration runs from 8AM till 12 noon, Course competition ends at 3PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 7th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 8th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting under the Grand Pavilion at the Club [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 9th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 10th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 14th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 16th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 17th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 20th: Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival VIII[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Private Rental - 7th Annual NES Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival - NortheastShooter's Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 21st: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 23rd: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 24th: Iron Sights Shoot Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 25th: Hunter Education[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 1 of 3 5:30PM till 9PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 27th: Hunter Education[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 2 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 28th: Cancelled: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot is cancelled due to the NHF&G Hunter Ed Course[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 28th: Hunter Education[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 3 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 30th: Archery Tuesday Weekly Tuesday Archery Shoot Series 5PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Aug 31st: Final Iron Sights Shoot for 2016 Weekly Wednesday .22 Rimfire Shoot Series 6:00PM practice 6:30PM till dusk[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 1st: CMARS Shoot Crotched Mountain Therapeutic Recreation Shoot Series day 4 of 5[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Sturm-Ruger/Access Outdoors New England 5:00PM till 7:00PM, Pre-Registered Public is Welcome - Range is closed for the duration of the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 4th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 8th: CMARS Shoot Crotched Mountain Therapeutic Recreation Shoot Series day 5 of 5[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Sturm-Ruger/Access Outdoors New England 5:00PM till 7:00PM, Pre-Registered Public is Welcome - Range is closed for the duration of the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 11th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 12th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting under the Grand Pavilion at the Club[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 8th: CMARS Shoot Crotched Mountain Therapeutic Recreation Shoot Series RAIN DATE if necessary Sturm-Ruger/Access Outdoors New England 5:00PM till 7:00PM, Pre-Registered Public is Welcome - Range is closed for the duration of the event[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 18th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 24-25th: Self-Reliance Event [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Public Event - Vendors and Exhibiters - All Ranges and Pond Closed[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Sep 25th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 2nd: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 9th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 10th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting at the Club under the grand pavilion[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 15th-16th: RWVA's Project Appleseed[/FONT][FONT=&amp] One or Two-Day Rifle Marksmanship Clinic and Revolutionary War history course - beginner to advanced 8:00AM to 6:00PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 16th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 23rd: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Oct 30th: Archery Sunday Weekly Sunday Archery Shoot Series 8AM till 1PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Nov 5th: Pumpkin Blast VIII[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Private Rental - 7th Annual NES Pumpkin and Scarecrow Shoot - NortheastShooter's Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]* Nov 14th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting upstairs at the American Legion in downtown Jaffrey[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

• [*=left][FONT=&amp]Nov 13th: MRGCI Hunter Ed Team Turkey Shoot - 1PM till it's done, paper targets at 25 yards, club birdshot loads, .410-12 gauge, no gun ...no problem, lender guns available[/FONT]

ALWAYS REFER TO THE ONLINE EVENT CALENDAR AT MRGCI.COM FOR THE LATEST EDITS TO THIS SCHEDULE

V1.042616

[/FONT]

Last edited:
MRGCI.com 2017 Schedule as of January 21, 2017

Monadnock Rod and Gun Club 2017 Schedule ao 012217​

* Jan 19th: Granite State Bowhunters Annual Meeting Raymond Sportsmens Club 7:00PM to 9:00PM

* Feb 13th: Monthly Board & Member's Meetings 6:30PM Private Board Meeting • 7:30PM Officers and Member's Meeting upstairs at the American Legion in Jaffrey - ATTENTION: There will be a complete reading of the Club's Bylaws at the next meeting in February. ATTENTION: If you have not renewed your Household Membership from last year by the end of this meeting in person or by mail, you lose your Member in Good Standing status, and you will have to apply as a new Member. If you were not a Member in 2016, then you are automatically a new Member and must apply as one regardless of past Membership.

* Apr 8th: Excruciathlon VI – Run & Three-Gun Mudder ...where endurance meets accuracy

* Apr 20th: Hunter Education Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 1 of 3 5:30PM till 9PM

* Apr 22nd: Hunter Education Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 2 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event

* Apr 23rd: Hunter Education Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 3 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event

* May 6th-7h: RWVA's Project Appleseed One or Two-Day Rifle Marksmanship Clinic and Revolutionary War history course - beginner to advanced 8:15AM to 6:00PM

* May 13th: Spring Trigger Breakout VII Private Rental - NortheastShooter's Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM

* May 20th: NRA Firearms Safety in the Home Course 8:00AM to 12:00PM this is a FREE course

* May 21[SUP]st[/SUP]: Granite State Bowhunters 3D Archery Shoot - Members and Public Shoot - all welcome, but only GSB Members compete for points Registration runs from 7AM till 10AM, all archers must start course by 10:00AM and complete the course by 1PM

* Jun 1st: Pond Stocking Day ...5PM, Members come on down and see the trout up close and personal! ATTENTION: There is absolutely no fishing allowed on the pond from the time that the pond is stocked until 6am Monday morning June 6th other than participation in the actual scheduled Fishing Derbies on the 3rd and the 4th.

* Jun 3rd: 70th Annual Robert C. Heywood Memorial Children's Fishing Derby 9AM-till 12 Noon ....prizes and trophies follow, Open to all area children from 2-15 free fishing, free food and drinks, and free prizes for all participants - Club closed to other activities until Derby activities are concluded, all ranges closed for duration of event

* Jun 4th: Annual Member's Fishing Derby 9AM-till 12 Noon ....awarding of prizes to follow, Members only, no guests, Fish Stamp required Entry Fee - $10 - 3 keepers, 50-50 prize pool for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, no throw-backs - 3D archery range use is limited, targets 1 and 2 are closed during the event. Archery practice range and firearms range are open during the event

* Jun 14th: Amoskeag Veterans' Summer Muster Rental 3:30PM-till 10:00PM Amoskeag Veterans Members only The Club's pond and ranges are open to all Membership until 3:00PM at which time, the pond and all ranges close

* Jun 17th: Women's Outdoor Adventure Day Private Rental - All Ranges and Pond Closed 8AM-till 8PM The public is welcome to register. This will be a day of opportunity to learn and participate in archery, firearms, fishing, and related outdoor-type events taught by seasoned intructors and followed by an evening BBQ get-together.

* Jun 25[SUP]th[/SUP]: Granite State Bowhunters 3D Archery Shoot- Members and Public Shoot - all welcome, but only GSB Members compete for points Registration runs from 7AM till 10AM, all archers must start course by 10:00AM and complete the course by 1PM

* Jul 15th: Member's Day 9AM-till it’s over - 9AM-12PM Ruger Shoot – Open to the Public, then from 1PM-2:30pm there is a BBQ for Members and Guests of Members) non-Members pay a nominal fee) with a live band starting at around 3PM, playing until at least 7PM. A completely free day of fun for all Members

* Jul 22nd: NRA Firearms Safety in the Home Course 8:00AM to 12:00PM this is a FREE course

* Jul 29th: 6th Annual Dave Hanan Memorial 3D Archery Shoot 30 Target 3D Course Modern & Traditional, Running Deer, Long Range Novelty Ball Shot, 50-50s, and many prizes! Registration runs from 8AM till 12 noon, Course competition ends at 3PM

* Aug 19th: Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival IX Private Rental - 9th Annual NES Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival - NortheastShooter's Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM

* Aug 24th: Hunter Education Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 1 of 3 5:30PM till 9PM

* Aug 26th: Hunter Education Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 2 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event

* Aug 27th: Hunter Education Hunter Ed/Bow Ed Course Day 3 of 3 7AM till 4:30PM - Pond and all Ranges closed for the duration of this event

* Aug 30[SUP]th[/SUP]: Weekly Wednesday Iron-Sights Rimfire Shoot Series – End of Season BBQ & Awards – 6:00PM

* Sep 23[SUP]rd[/SUP]: Self-Reliance Discovery Day – Homesteader, Prepper and Survival Skills are on display. This is a place to discover and learn the forgotten skills of our pioneering forebears, and learn modern skills that can help you to thrive in these times. 8:00AM till 6:00PM

* Oct 14th-15th: RWVA's Project Appleseed One or Two-Day Rifle Marksmanship Clinic and Revolutionary War history course - beginner to advanced 8:00AM to 6:00PM

* Nov 4th: Pumpkin Blast IX Private Rental - 9th Annual NES Pumpkin and Scarecrow Shoot – NortheastShooters.com Green Member Shoot - All Ranges and Pond Closed Club closed until 5:00PM

* Nov 12th: MRGCI Hunter Ed Team Turkey Shoot - 1PM till it's done, paper targets at 25 yards, club birdshot loads, .410-12 gauge, no gun ...no problem, lender guns available

AS OF 01-21-17: YET TO SCHEDULE: 2 ANNUAL CMARS-Ruger-AccessOutdoorsNE Thursday Shoots, various BSA Rifle Training Events, The open-to-the-public 3D Archery shoots open on Tuesday April 25[SUP]th[/SUP] and the final Tuesday evening shoot is on August 29[SUP]th[/SUP]. The Sunday morning public 3D shoots run from April 30[SUP]th[/SUP] till September 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].
v/1.012217

Last edited:
Self-Reliance Discovery Day Sep 23 2017 8AM-6PM Free Admission

Self-Reliance Discovery Day Sep_23_2017

Click the Flier below for a full-sized PDF version that you can download

Basic Vendor/Instructor Info for the Self-Reliance Discovery Day
Saturday September 23, 2017 at the
Monadnock Rod and Gun Club
MRGCI.com
595 Jaffrey Road/Route 202W
Peterborough/Jaffrey, NH Town Line

This is a FREE event, there is no Gate Fee charged to attendees so the barrier for attendance and entry is minimal

Food ready-to-eat (prepared on-site on-sale for immediate vending) vendors are not allowed, though vendors may pass out free samples of their edible wares, and sell those wares that are dried or canned or otherwise meant to be consumed off-site

There is a Vendor Registration Fee (must send in Registration by August 31st) of $25

This Registration Fee is 100% refundable. Meaning, if you show up and set up for the event, your fee will be completely reimbursed that day. However if you do not show up, your fee will not be refunded.

Vendor setup is first-come first-served. If you have special needs, please communicate such via either of the contact numbers indicated on the flier.

Each vendor will be allowed a 15’ x 15’ area to set up their canopies and tables/displays, they will have drive-in access in order to setup and drop off, but must return their vehicles to a dedicated parking area well-within a short walk to the vendor area.

No alcohol, no open fires, all participants 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult

Gates open to vendors at 4PM on Friday the 22nd, at which time the Club closes to the Membership

Primitive camping is available, 24 hour bathroom and lighting around the pavilion area

RV/Pop-Up parking available, no hookups

Non-selling (meaning not selling any type of physical products, wares or off-site training) Instructors/Trainers/Teachers must fill-out the Registration Form but do not have to include the $25 Fee

Email Contact: [email protected]

RWVA's Project Appleseed One or Two-Day Rifle Marksmanship Clinic

Saturday and or Sunday Oct 14th and 15th from 8:15AM till 5/6PM :
RWVA's Project Appleseed One or Two-Day Rifle Marksmanship Clinic and Revolutionary War history course - beginner to advanced

Click here for registration information

Project Appleseed is a nationwide program that teaches rifle marksmanship skills that have been passed down from generation to generation and reconnects Americans with the people and events of colonial America. Participants are taught skills that allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards using a standard rifle with iron sights. This ability is traditionally known as mastering the 'Rifleman's Quarter Mile' and is an American tradition that has been part of this nation from its very first days. So join us and hear some little-known Revolutionary War history, reaffirm your heritage, and learn a little American history in the process.

Click Here for an Event Flier for download and printout

Visit our Club's Homepage for more information

UPDATE: As of 9:00PM 10-07-17 all 25 shoot spots have been filled, so this shoot is closed. Thank you to those who signed up to be a rifleman!

Last edited:
PBVIII_2016.jpg

Pumpkin Blast IX NES Green Shoot at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club in Peterborough, NH Sat. Nov. 4th 9am-4pm for "Green" NES Members and their guests.

Targets:
This will be a pumpkin & scarecrow shoot...the main target(s) are pumpkins skewered onto wooden stakes pounded into the ground, pumpkins placed at the berm (no higher than half-way up) and scarecrows that are also driven into the ground, or sit on movable bases. Along with any other targets used, there will be paper on strapping frames available. Tannerite is okay to use within reason. Blowing sections from our berm, or blowing up items from home is not allowed. Certainly plastic, glass, things with foam insulation, large sections of wood, large metal fasteners and anything that would create potentially hazardous schrapnel is verboten.

There are rules that will restrict some uses of tannerite. The placement and volume of BX (binary-type) mixtures are defined and explained in the shoot's OP in the Green Section of this Forum, just be aware that this will be the case at all future MRGCI Events. These changes are due purely to the safety of the participants at these events.

Six foot Grading Stakes will be distributed around the range, and more will be provided for use as they take a beating. So, bringing a 3 or 4 pound sledge might be a handy thing to do, along with perhaps a piece of rebar as a hole-starter. we have plenty of rocks in good ol' NH, never mind the possibility of frozen ground. The more folks that lend a hand, the shorter the downtime between volleys.

There will also be some AR500 steel plates hanging on the range. Individuals using “safe” cartridges may shoot at these plates. If you are handling a firearms using ammo that’s capable of damaging the AR500 steel, then please refrain from plinking at the steel. Handguns, MGs, and cartridges up to .308 should be OK provided: the speed is sub 3,000 fps (speed at point of impact), and is none of the following; steel core, AP (armor piercing), solid copper bullets or BBs.

Please consult via PM before bringing ANY* targets from home. This is not a free-for-all.

Our range is a shooting range, and not a junkyard. As careful as we try to be, each event leaves its "residue", and Members are unimpressed when they find chunks of UNK detritus scattered about the area.

*other than paper targets

We welcome:
Large Calibers (.50 is fine), Signal Mortar & Cannon (no projectiles unless discussed beforehand), Binary-X like Tannerite, and NFA (fully-automatic firearms), and we are planning on a Black Powder Volley at some time during this shoot, so if you have a front-loading smoke pole, bring it.

This is a private event for "Green" NortheastShooters (NES) and their guests (limit of 3 guests per Green Member of NES). There is camping available; both tenting and trailer/popup. There are no hookups, but there is pit area for fire by the large pavilion.

We are setting a limit of 100^^^ attendees at this event, and if you invite guests, please ...it is crucial that they are not rank amateurs at handling and shooting firearms. I know that these events can be quite exciting especially to the uninitiated, so Members are welcome to assist their guests at-the-line. And if you have mounted a new optic on your firearm, this is not the time or place to sight it in. Please verify your sights if you bring a firearm to this shoot.

^^^ We’ll see

So, go GREEN, or become the Guest of a GREEN NES Member and make some orange mist!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom