Monadnock & NES needs your help

The satellite images show the pistol range berm over to the left, which is at least 50 yards, as still on the property. So, that doesn't encroach on the neighbor's alleged property. What's the hold-up now for the range being usable, some wetlands nonsense, or was it the building permit thing?

There is an injunction from the town prohibiting use of the gun range until the alledged wetlands issue is resolved along with claims from the neighbor on clearing the area in question.

Again the town is acting as a weapon of the neighbor to stop all shooting.

There is an injunction from the town prohibiting use of the gun range until the alledged wetlands issue is resolved along with claims from the neighbor on clearing the area in question.

Again the town is acting as a weapon of the neighbor to stop all shooting.

The federal wetlands maps (Wetlands Mapper) show nothing being wetlands that was related to the range. The pond itself and the brook flowing into (out of?) it is shown as wetlands, as is to be expected but the pond is still there and looks quite beautiful too.

So, can Peterborough just make up its own garbage about where the wetlands are and then enforce them? How is someone expected to obey the law when one government entity just makes up shit?

The federal wetlands maps (Wetlands Mapper) show nothing being wetlands that was related to the range. The pond itself and the brook flowing into (out of?) it is shown as wetlands, as is to be expected but the pond is still there and looks quite beautiful too.

So, can Peterborough just make up its own garbage about where the wetlands are and then enforce them? How is someone expected to obey the law when one government entity just makes up shit?

The town hired their own wetlands expert and of course their expert claims it was wetlands. The range has opposing data.

And yes, if you haven't noticed environmentalists make shit up every day.

I'll give you three guesses what their position on lead is...

The bill to expand the definition of "prime wetlands" died in NH this year. I can't imagine the havoc they could have wrought with what was proposed.

It sounds dreadful but what is a prime wetland?

This is making me nervous about the drainage gully that runs down the side of my land in NH. Maybe I should fill it in before anyone notices. Doing so will flood the road that can no longer drain, but hey... It's their unintended consequences.

Sadly this kind of thing is happening all over.

Historically there has been a tradition of cooperation by large land owners for things like hunting, snowmobile trails, etc. When you needed access you saw joe landowner at the dump and asked if your club could cut a trail or whatever...generally the answer was sure "if you cut any trees drop off the firewood at my place". As these folks have aged they are selling off their lands to people who don't appreciate the land use traditions that have been in place for probably 100 years.

In the case of my town the land owners THOUGHT they had found a good solution to this issue by selling their lands to fish and game (DFW). Recently DFW has taken up schizophrenic policies that outlaw snowmobiles, dog walking, and walking trails but DO allow clear cutting for large sections of their lands. Snowmobiles that never touch the ground are bad but skidders that destroy the ground are ok? I realize the the forestry folks say that clear cutting is fine but I drive by 10 logging projects every day. The partial clear projects look great one year later. The DFW clear cut projects still look like gravel pits 2 years later....its about the money IMO.

The bottom line is that if you have a club that requires land access you need it listed on the deed or you will lose it. Sad to see things heading in this direction.

Hitler cited in Peterborough Planning Board dispute

The Leftist Crazies are really exposing themselves in Peterborough. Not just the gun club but all residents must submit to them as to what they can or can not do on their own property.

Sadly Peterborough has been engrained with the AOC types for decades and likely will never change. They are all good comrades.

Hitler cited in Peterborough Planning Board dispute

The Leftist Crazies are really exposing themselves in Peterborough. Not just the gun club but all residents must submit to them as to what they can or can not do on their own property.

Sadly Peterborough has been engrained with the AOC types for decades and likely will never change. They are all good comrades.

Wow. So, wanting to reduce the size of government as well as stop government from telling people what to do with their own property, is Hitler. This Liz Marshall Thomas seems to be a bit confused.

Public education at its finest.....

Its remarkable that these confused idiots somehow ignore history and manufacture this notion in their heads that more government = freedom.........when the entirety of human history demonstrates that more gov = tyranny

I looked up this Liz Marshall Thomas. Seems she was born in 1931 and writes dog books. You would think someone who lived through WWII would have a better understanding of what it means to be Hitler, having seen the reports of it going on first hand. So, at least in this case, I can't really blame government education, despite it otherwise being very worthy of all sorts of blame.

I looked up this Liz Marshall Thomas. Seems she was born in 1931 and writes dog books. You would think someone who lived through WWII would have a better understanding of what it means to be Hitler, having seen the reports of it going on first hand. So, at least in this case, I can't really blame government education, despite it otherwise being very worthy of all sorts of blame.
Leftists have a limited vocabulary. They can only speak a few words. Racist, Hater, Bigot, White Supremacist, Hitler and the like. Any time they get called on their stupidity the break out these words and repeat them non-stop.

This funding page has been posted before, for those who have already donated thank you very much. For those who haven't yet please read on.

Monadnock has been my home club since I moved to NH many years ago. NES used to do shoots in Southern NH, Metrowest, MA, the Cape, Northwest MA, etc. We've had shoots all over the place. As with large shoots, (cars, full auto, tannerite, etc) it's not easy to find clubs who want to deal with the liability of a large number of non-members slinging lead for 6 hours on a Saturday.

Monadnock has for the most part been the home of NES shoots for almost a decade. Mark and the crew have been hosting amazing 2nd Amendment, Freedom loving, fun shoots for a long time. 90% of the amazing people I've met in person here, I've met at a NES shoot.

Our club is in real trouble. We have some serious legal bills to pay with this current issue and if we don't raise the funds needed to fight the anti's, Monadnock Rod & Gun will no longer exist.

I know the timing of this isn't great but if you can spare a little, a little x 10,000 is a lot.

/rant off

Thank you

Click here to support Monadnock Rod & Gun Defense Fund organized by MRGCI Board
IN

Does this still need to be on the top banner? Almost a year now......

I am not an MRGCi rep but I'll take a stab. Unless you can write a Large check to cover expenses so far and going forward, and find a place for most of the NES Shoots it needs to stay.

This struck me:
Club President Mark Carbone, who is also now representing the club in court, could not be reached for comment Monday. The damages order, issued March 25 by Judge David Anderson, indicates that no one from the club attended the March 3 damages hearing.
I realize the club is being seriously persecuted by neighbors and the town, but have they essentially given up, or was this a "no-notice" hearing, or are they going straight to NH SC?

Last edited:
What are the neighbor and town going to do if the range just declares bankruptcy as the result? No one gets a dime, the town inherits a gun range they they'll then have to clean up?

These people really think they're going to get a $650k payment from a range that at its peak had 300 members at $100 each and has had its revenue generation paths halted for 2 years? And to top it off the town apparently thinks its also going to get to fine the range?

These people are delusional. All they did was destroy part of their own town because one person bought a house next to a gun range, never did a survey and for 20 years never walked their own land.

The neighbor is going to get nothing and the town is going to get a giant albatross property it won't be able to do anything with because in order to sell it, it will need to demand lead removal.

The neighbor could have gotten $10k PLUS equal land congruent to their current plot 3 years ago and this would have been over. Instead they made both sides spend tens of thousands of dollars for nothing.

People are f***ing stupid.

Back
Top Bottom