Monadnock & NES needs your help

Peterborough select board and ZBA will almost certainly go full retard and deny a rehearing imho based on past performance.

Its possible that if the club makes it clear that they are in for the long haul and are willing to fund a challenge all the way to the supreme court in NH AND that enough peterborough taxpayers complain about the cost that the select board and zba are going to incur (increased tax rates) that they may back down.

Yeah, sadly, it’s all about us spending our money against our taxpayer dollars to pay government lawyers. We pay twice but win once at best.

Peterborough select board and ZBA will almost certainly go full retard and deny a rehearing imho based on past performance.

Its possible that if the club makes it clear that they are in for the long haul and are willing to fund a challenge all the way to the supreme court in NH AND that enough peterborough taxpayers complain about the cost that the select board and zba are going to incur (increased tax rates) that they may back down.

Never trust a town that paves the center of their town with pretty red bricks. That pretty much guarantees moonbat central.

Monadnock Rod and Gun club sues Peterborough to reverse ban on ranges

PETERBOROUGH — The Monadnock Rod and Gun Club says the planning board pulled a fast one when it pushed through an ordinance change that bans outdoor gun ranges in town.

Voters approved the zoning amendment on the May town meeting ballot, which bans all future outdoor shooting ranges in town.

The Monadnock Rod and Gun Club is the only outdoor shooting facility in Peterborough currently.

Attorneys for the club, Jason Reimers and Thomas Hannah of the law firm BCM Environmental and Land Law, wrote in a petition for a special town meeting that voters were never told what they were voting on.

“The Planning Board notice and ballot misled (the club members) and the voters by indicating that the proposed new language regarding shooting ranges was merely a modification or clarification of the definition of ‘Recreational Facility,’” the petition states.

You might be surprised how big an impact a couple of squeaky wheels calling/writing peterborough ZBA/Select board can be.......

Well yeah, I'll call all the shops in Peterborough where I have *not* gone for food, drink, and stuff before, during and after an event to let them know who is trimming their revenue. And then call the ZBA/Select to let them know their merchants are pissed at them. Hit them in the wallet.

Conservation....

City blocks my right of way with dirt...neighbor has me served no trespass order and blocks me.... I cut up said tree... he calls police... police tell him they can’t do anything because I served the city and PD....
Neighbor calls conservation about me cutting up said tree...

I’m looking into my crystal ball here....neighbors going to end up paying daily fines not me....

Just like monadnack ... it’s joke.

Last edited:
There are a bunch of effed up tyrants in NH towns

https://granitegrok.com/blog/2015/0...fy-doing-so-in-a-less-than-constitutional-way

There's a very good reason for pre-emption on a great many issues at state level......its because a bunch of people in towns and cities in NH are ignorant tyrants

Your spot on.
After I spoke with conservation. They basically were like “You shouldn’t be out there do you know where you’re supposed to be and have submitted us a plan”

All I did was explain that’s exactly what I’m doing. Was literally out there with my surveyor while I was talking to them.
It’s just funny that somebody who just got jammed up on conservation expects them to give me a hard time. I explained I just expect equal Enforcement.

Thankfully it’s only time and money

After reading that link it’s kind of funny...Issue with one of our right away is is directly related to eminent domain for a water tower. Just so much time has gone by without anyone addressing it it’s become a complicated matter. The biggest issue with this stuff is the time and money it takes to figure it out while paying several people who are incompetent to not do their job.....
I hate being on the phone daily rehashing the same thing. After i already paid five people to address it

Pm sent...
It a similar issue to the monadnock issue in that it’s all inter city politics.

I’m sure the club and I will eventually get through the red tape

Last edited:
I dont think you have a statutory requirement for conservation committee to review let alone approve anything........its an effing existing right of way

You should review your towns zoning ordinances..........your surveyor should give you a map showing its location as well to support you flipping them the bird

Conservation cmte is usually a bunch of busy bodies that think they have power but dont.......

In a previous job I delt with the conservation commissions from 26 towns and cities.
You couldn't imagine the collection of whackos , nut jobs, mental defectives and straight up power tripping d-bags.
I could write a book and a sequel.
One pissed off Army corps so bad that they told the town one more false report from her and they were going to think the hand of God had landed on them.

I could give several example how conservation directly cause more land to be disturbed then need be....That’s what you get with a one size fits all government

In for updates, been watching progress since attending my first (and only) shoot event at the club last year. Wish you all the best in fighting the good fight.

I can’t seem to read that link...
I can’t wait for another NES shoot....
After all this BS... I can’t wait I just started playing with the toys I haven’t shot because of the towns bullshit.

Everything works great considering they’ve been unfired for 30+ year...
While the rule is don’t bring unproven/tested firearms or inexperienced operators...

Having the nes brain trust work in an issue is always helpful weather online or in Person.

I’ve resolved my conservation issues.... so I understand manandocks issue

I can’t seem to read that link...

Summary:

Both sides concluded their arguments on Wednesday. Attorneys are expected to submit their post-trial memorandums by Aug. 7. Anderson will issue a decision on the case at a future date.

The six acres currently under dispute by the Perrys and the Rod and Gun Club is also at issue between the club and the town of Peterborough. The town alleges the club expanded its range and constructed a new building without the proper permits or processes, and that it filled in wetlands to do so.

The case between the town of Peterborough and the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club is on hold pending the outcome of the current case.

Thank you for the post..... it’s hard to follow... I can only study so many state laws.... while my range is private and I could do public... this is the exact shit you have to be extra careful of..... I’ve known clubs and private ranges that have 100- 150 of documented history that end up having to fight this BS../

I have a friend who put in a Helipad on his property. The Neighbors were up in arms
about it and went to the town counsel about it to have it stopped by passing an
ordinance prohibiting it. He has already landed and taken off from it. So even if they
pass that ordinance, he is already grandfathered in. So mute point now.

Malodave

I have a friend who put in a Helipad on his property. The Neighbors were up in arms
about it and went to the town counsel about it to have it stopped by passing an
ordinance prohibiting it. He has already landed and taken off from it. So even if they
pass that ordinance, he is already grandfathered in. So mute point now.

Malodave

The range will need 6 figures of support to continue the battle. It has already incurred tremendous cost to fight this far. The town of Peterborough does not want any firearms activity happening under its watch. I fully expect the next step by the town after the recreational area change that has now occurred will be going after individual landowners with gun ranges.

The goal of the people driving and funding the other side of this fight is no guns period.

Back
Top Bottom