Monadnock & NES needs your help

Boarding a flight. I will donate a soon as I land.

Monadnock has been an amazing place. I met a lot of NES members there and have been to most car shots since my first car shoot, the famous Porsche shoot.

Keep fighting those scumbags.

For those that maybe dont care, think twice. You might have never been to Monadnock, and might not be planning to go there any time soon, but this is more than just Monadnock, this sh*t will eventually hit your local club. We need to beat them at every fight.

No reason to pay a fee.... it's not payment for goods and services so send it as payment to friends and family. Need to fight this at every turn.. Trust me at some point they will be coming after you and your club. IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY.

upload_2018-11-30_16-36-55.png

There isn't enough publicity about what's going on with clubs in general, the legal battles, and Monadnock specifically. I was buying a new gun yesterday, NH checks were running 1:30, so I had plenty of time to talk with others waiting around for the same reason. I was talking with 3, at least one a fellow PRM escapee, and mentioned what is going on with Monadnock and other clubs in MA. They hadn't heard about any of it. They may have been younger than me, but they were not new shooters. I don't have the answer, I need time to think, but reaching out to the uninformed needs to a priority, both for Monadnock and for the future of gun ownership in general.

D6E8E680-CACC-4C21-820C-509DB06672F4.jpeg Another MA club now under attack too is the Cape Cod Fish and Game Club in North Harwich. It just never ends with these boneheads.

Last edited:
Have any of these clubs approached the NRA for financial help? May not want the politics that would come with public support but lets face it the clubs are a big part of what made the NRA and their money would help with the legal costs.

Have any of these clubs approached the NRA for financial help? May not want the politics that would come with public support but lets face it the clubs are a big part of what made the NRA and their money would help with the legal costs.

Is that something they even do? (Serious question as I have no idea.)

Is that something they even do? (Serious question as I have no idea.)
Might be a stretch but it could be said that the town/plaintiffs are preventing the lawful use of firearms, the NRA might pick up some costs based on that.

If it doesn't fit what they do, they need to change the requirements. Shutting down clubs is a long term tactic to reduce/eliminate gun ownership, and that will affect the NRA.

Enable browser cookies
This link should say NRA Defense Fund

Not to mention that the kind of money the club would need to squash this would go unnoticed by the NRA.

Might be a stretch but it could be said that the town/plaintiffs are preventing the lawful use of firearms, the NRA might pick up some costs based on that.

If it doesn't fit what they do, they need to change the requirements. Shutting down clubs is a long term tactic to reduce/eliminate gun ownership, and that will affect the NRA.

Enable browser cookies
This link should say NRA Defense Fund

Not to mention that the kind of money the club would need to squash this would go unnoticed by the NRA.

Also, on that same page, under “Requesting help” - they do mention Shooting Ranges specifically, and said requests need to be submitted by an attorney:

Enable browser cookies
(NRA Defense Fund)

“Where a shooting range is seeking support, the following additional information must be provided: (1) whether there is an ownership interest; (2) whether the activity is challenged despite a range protection law; (3) whether the operation of the range is lawful; (4) whether the range was allowed to operate without a range protection law and is now threatened with a shut down; (5) whether the range is open to the public; and (6) number of members.”

Might be worth a shot..

Anyone got a gut feel on this, if the club can survive? I’d rather see a FUDD club go down than this one. I’m thankful I’m lucky enough to have my own range on my land but wish I could do more other than the donation I’ve sent.

Anyone got a gut feel on this, if the club can survive? I’d rather see a FUDD club go down than this one. I’m thankful I’m lucky enough to have my own range on my land but wish I could do more other than the donation I’ve sent.
I would rather see no club go down. Fudd or not.

I can easily avoid a fudd club. But I wont be able to avoid having to drive 2+hrs when most clubs near by are shut down because of BS lawsuits.

And the hit to our rights.

I would rather see no club go down. Fudd or not.

I can easily avoid a fudd club. But I wont be able to avoid having to drive 2+hrs when most clubs near by are shut down because of BS lawsuits.

And the hit to our rights.
I don’t want to see any club close either. However if there had to be choice a few FUDDs would be my pick. Suits are now frequent. Not just in Mass either, they are occurring in maine as well. Friggin developers build close to ranges and next thing you know someone has butthurt after hearing a sessions of clays or target practice

I don’t want to see any club close either. However if there had to be choice a few FUDDs would be my pick. Suits are now frequent. Not just in Mass either, they are occurring in maine as well. Friggin developers build close to ranges and next thing you know someone has butthurt after hearing a sessions of clays or target practice
And my choice would be NO clubs. When one town manages to fight a club and close it, the town next doors tries and the following town and so on...eventually, your awesome club will be under attack.

Also the Fudds in that club will go to your club. You might have a life and work, so you cant be in the boards of a club, but these fudds will run for positions that can turn your club into a fudd club.

It is a lose lose situation for us.

The only way is to fight them all, no matter what club they are attacking.

Like Churchill said, starting about 1:01. There's a story that he said after the recorded part something about fighting with broken beer bottles...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkTw3_PmKtc

We need to do the same. Every club, every law, every town warrant. Never give up. Never yield. Never, EVER, surrender. Like @Broccoli Iglesias said, even one win will embolden them.

Also, re donations... I made one through GFM, they don't have a mechanism for ongoing contributions, so from now on my contributions will be weekly via PayPal, with direct deduction(ACH) from my bank there's no fee. It's easy that way, and painless. When I changed my weekly Comm2A over from PayPal to a recurring payment direct from my bank I was surprised at how much I have donated over the last few years. $10/week doesn't even get noticed, but over the last few years it's added up nicely. And Monadnock's fight, sadly, looks to be more of a marathon than a sprint. I urge EVERYBODY to figure out a way to make recurring contributions, we need to outlast these jacka$$e$. $100 once is admirable, $10 or $15/week for a year is a LOT more, and less painful:)

And if NRA won't step up, send your membership money to Monadnock instead.

Back
Top Bottom