Mom sues school district over son’s arrest for NRA t-shirt

I used to have an nra sticker on my prius just to piss off the earthy crunchies. Not really related just thought I'd share. Also my biggest take away is who gets an nra t shirt

I used to have an nra sticker on my prius just to piss off the earthy crunchies. Not really related just thought I'd share. Also my biggest take away is who gets an nra t shirt

I wore a digi-camo NRA hat doing some things in Cambridge and Watertown one day thinking I'd piss troll someone and got someone to comment....that they liked it! The person totally surprised me as pro-gun.

I've got the Hello Kitty sticker holding an AK-47 on my truck, drop the kids at school every day all year, no fallout yet.

I would sue too, but in my law suit in addition to monetary damages I would also want the jobs of all involved. I would want them fired with a stipulation that they can never hold another job that is funded in any way by the public. No, cops, no teachers, no politics...I don't even want them working for the DPW and I want their pensions. No more compensation at all from anything related to the public tax dollars. Not even welfare and no obamacare. And then maybe some mandatory training related to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights for all who remain.

Spring/Summer weather has arrived (Sunny, Warm and Beautiful Days), and I need to remind parents and students regarding appropriate clothing and footwear. Below is an excerpt from the Parent Handbook regarding the XXXX School Dress Code.
“Students are expected to dress in clean, modest, appropriate and informal clothing suitable to school and health standards.

• Apparel such as crop tops, thin strap tops, short shorts and tops that expose the midriff are not suitable to school standards.
  • Footwear should be safe, not presenting danger to the student’s own physical well-being and that of others. Please remember that clogs, strapless and open-toe sandals present a danger to your child’s safety at recess, gym and in the navigation of stairs.
  • Clothing that contains obscenities, sexual references or references to drugs, alcohol, weapons and/or racist remarks are not acceptable.
  • Hats, hoods, and bandannas are not to be worn during the school day.

Parents will be notified if a student’s clothing is deemed unacceptable for school.”

Of particular concern is the footwear, especially for the girls. Clogs, flip-flops, slip-ons, strapless and open toe sandals are not SAFE for school, particularly during recesses, gym classes and going up and down the stairs. Unsafe footwear causes falls, sprained ankles, and stubbed toes. Students who wear inappropriate footwear for recess activities will be told to refrain from any activities that include running, climbing and/or jumping. Just a reminder: Sneakers are required in P.E. Class!

Got this in an email a couple of weeks ago from my kids' elementary school.. and I live in a pretty Republican green town..

Got this in an email a couple of weeks ago from my kids' elementary school.. and I live in a pretty Republican green town..

Probably in response to this issue listed above...they figured they'd get out ahead of it so they can oppress your children's 1st amendment rights and not be sued.

If that is the case then I would have T shirts printed that say, "I support the 2nd amendment" with no logos or pics just straight text.

Dean

At any point has someone asked the shirt how it feels about the whole situation?

Seriously though, more parents like this mother are needed to stop the "guns are bad" conditioning.

This reminds me of the kids that did a report on Mozambique and brought in the national flag. Since the flag has an AK on it, they got suspended because of the school's "zero tolerance policy"

Best part is the school has a sculpture out front of a soldier with an extra scary lkilly rifle and grenades!

I hope he gets tons of $$, wont' change anythign until the people running the school are held personally liable financially though since it's just coming out of the taxpayers pockets.

I'm glad that my town (Framingham) is not this nuts.

My son has been wearing "out of the gun safe" stuff since ~3rd grade - Club shirts, shirts from shoots, one that had a bunch of wild animals with, "If it flies, it dies. If it sits, it dies, too"

Best current one is a shirt with a handgun "built" out of cartridges - "America: Learning the Metric System One Millimeter At A Time."

[laugh]

As for the school police that was posted above, the text says "References to...weapons". I'm not sure that an image is a "reference to." [wink]

I've got the Hello Kitty sticker holding an AK-47 on my truck, drop the kids at school every day all year, no fallout yet.

Schools have a LOT more leverage over what they can require of students driving cars to school than parents.

For example, it's common for schools to require students to sign a consent to search at any time as a condition for getting a parking sticker, but that would be unlikely to fly if the school tried to impose such a condition on parents visiting the school or transporting students to/from school.

I support the right for him to wear it but the money he is asking for "damages" is asinine.
I agree, they should definitely push for more.

Really though, they will most likely settle for significantly less, and it needs to he a hard lesson for schools that step and s*** on the constitution. I hardly see any grounds for arrest, and the obstruction of justice charge is complete BS.

I would sue too, but in my law suit in addition to monetary damages I would also want the jobs of all involved. I would want them fired with a stipulation that they can never hold another job that is funded in any way by the public. No, cops, no teachers, no politics...I don't even want them working for the DPW and I want their pensions. No more compensation at all from anything related to the public tax dollars. Not even welfare and no obamacare. And then maybe some mandatory training related to the Constitution and The Bill of Rights for all who remain.

how about their ability to procreate? take that too!

I gradjicated in 93 and were told all our rights ended when we walked through the doors into school and entered into the dictatorship. There were dress codes, no book bags,no wearing of jackets, no Walkmans, no hats, no shorts and on and on.

Back
Top Bottom