• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS Modular Picatinny Rail Brass Catcher with Dope card holder in 2 optional sizes

paul73

NES Member
Hi,

This is a design I created after getting frustrated enough with anything else I could see on the market.

IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY BRASS CATCHER YOU'LL EVER NEED. :)

UPDATE 10/13/23:
Upon feedback received I have redesigned the mounts to use a #8-32x1-3/4in truss head bolt, so mount would be tightened on rail with no need to tap.

The main feature of this design is the sliding mount for the cage, the idea here was to let you have this mount on ANY part of the picatinny rail
to keep the cage close enough to the extractor, so you can slide the cage for the ideal positioning.

Also, there is no stuck brass in mesh issue anymore, as all parts are solid.

Somehow no one else did those 2 things at once, and it was always a pain in the neck for me with other type of brass catchers.
It can be used with or without a box basket to collect brass - in most cases it is very convenient to use it as a deflector only - like for
a 3-gun competition or tactical drills.

With this listing you will receive:
1 deflector cage,
2 boxes (tall and short) that slide into the cage,
1 standard size 55x85mm competition DOPE card,
3 rail mounts as shown on the pictures.

I would recommend getting as many mounts as many rifles you want to setup. Additional mounts are available for purchase.
Rail shown on the pictures is only for reference and is not included.

Offered in Black or can be printed in other color upon request.
"

Here is the current offer as it stands in the ebay listing:

IMG-4311.jpg

IMG-3374.jpg

IMG-3384.jpg
IMG-3385.jpg

PM me directly if interested and you hate Ebay.

Last edited:
New boxes slide into the cage as shown above, old ones were using teeth on the side of the box to hold at the grooves in the cage. Both ways work fine, but a new one looks better.

Last edited:
a reminder - you can PM me directly if interested and you hate Ebay.
I just used new deign box with my 308 ar10, it extracts and drops brass in it fine, no issues at all. some buyers told me that old deflector cage was a bit too narrow, so i added an inch or so in there. a short box version is probably more adequate for everything now.

i also made an optional dope card holder that hangs on the left side to the brass catcher mount, it takes a 55x85mm paper insert.
not sure how to price it to add to the listing, will see. ebay interface truly sucks for listings with multiple choices... :(

dope.jpg

I rearranged set of mounts included with the catcher, based on what people seem to use the most.

IMG-3410.jpg

Last edited:
i made some new mounts as well for it, to sit higher on bolt guns, for one of my rifles old design was obstructing ejection, so, made a fix for that...

i reworked design of catcher mounts to use a bolt and nut, so no need to tap it - after some complaints i received.
seems to be way easier to put on the rail and holding on better now.

IMG-4310.jpg

made a new thing for myself, and dropped it as a listing as well.
M-LOK Arca Rail and BAG FRAME Mount Adapter Compatible Arca-Swiss

IMG_4388.jpg IMG_4385.jpg

beats a $30 plate and a $90 bag adapter combo. but, plastic.

Back
Top Bottom