• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Modernized SKS

Not horrible. Not horrible at all...

Close up vid of the mods.

I think the thing that irks me the most is the double charging handle rube goldberg nonsense going on. Other than that it at least isn't awful? I can't lie, I do like that grip from your close up video.

Yeah, that non-reciprocating secondary charge handle looks big enough to kickstart it with.

What I do like is the concept of the pistol grip addition, not all the additional levers, just the modified trigger block assy.
If a simplified version was available that would swap-in nicely I would consider it for a yugo that I have added Tech Sights TS-200 Aperture Sights to.
~Matt

Redesign that 2nd charge handle and it's not to bad.
Like others I do like the pistol grip.
The bolt hold open is not bad but he did not clarify if it was last shot hold open capable?

Seems like a fun project for someone who's good with machining and enjoys such things. Certainly a cut above the typical bubba'd SKS. Never really understood the desire to modernize an SKS, their shortcomings are part of their charm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom