• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Modern Militia in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there currently any active militias in MA? I did some googling but came up empty.

If done right and with a enough members, I think we could greatly benefit from one. What do you all think?

And no, I am not picturing a bunch of mall ninja’s fumbling through the forrest and shooting at trees with their faces covered. But rather some kind of a brotherhood that is organized, armed, prepared, united around a narrow set of causes and known to the public. Something you can be proud to say you are a member of.

some kind of a brotherhood that is organized, armed, prepared, united around a narrow set of causes and known to the public. Something you can be proud to say you are a member of.
Yes there is. You can find them at 141 Tremont Street, in Boston MA. They can be picky tho. Good luck.

I see you point about the National Guard, but I was thinking more of an organization that does not take orders from the government, state or federal. I think that pretty much defeats the point; in my mind at least.

This thread can’t possibly be a good idea. Effect change at the ballot box.

See, the whole thing about militias being necessary to the security of a free state, is predicated on the state being free....

The chair is against the wall

I'm honestly surprised that some more-activist Licensing Officer has not taken military service to be a disqualifier....after all, you volunteered to kill people.

See, the whole thing about militias being necessary to the security of a free state, is predicated on the state being free....

The chair is against the wall

I'm honestly surprised that some more-activist Licensing Officer has not taken military service to be a disqualifier....after all, you volunteered to kill people.

Yes, but it was at the government's behest.

i think the Massachusetts Constitution has the militia covered.
Able bodied men ?
maybe you can find a way for your representative to make you a captain of a melitia? I think thats how it works ? I read the legal stuff and get lost in the shalls and shall nots and and the if this section or article says this and that?

i found this interesting reading through some more of Constitution of the Commonwealth

Article XX.
No person shall [have the right to vote, or] be eligible to office under the constitution of this commonwealth, who shall not be able to read the constitution in the English language, and write his name: -- provided, however, that the provisions of this amendment shall not apply to any person prevented by a physical disability from complying with its requisitions, nor to any person who now has the right to vote, nor to any persons who shall be sixty years of age or upwards at the time this amendment shall take effect. [See Amendments, Arts

ALready part of the unorganized militia...

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleV/Chapter33/Section2

Section 2. The militia of the commonwealth shall consist of: (i) all able-bodied citizens and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, between the ages of 18 and 45, and who are residents of the commonwealth; and (ii) such other persons who, upon their own application, enlist or are commissioned pursuant to this chapter, subject to exemptions created by law.

Section 3: Organized and unorganized militia

Section 3. The militia shall consist of two classes, namely, the organized militia, composed and organized as provided in this chapter, and the remainder, to be known as the unorganized militia. The unorganized militia shall not be subject to duty except in case of war, actual or threatened, invasion, the prevention of invasion, threats to homeland security and the assisting of civil officers in the execution of the laws.

Well here wut ya do to get your own group of militias, throw a cook out once time a week, with food beer and strippers, and invite nes members over , there go your militias groups. Am sure all the nes members here are arm to the teeth and they all united by a basic set of princibles of beer food strippers and gun lol.

Depends on your local club.......that’s my militia.

It was also predicated on the idea that these united States would have no standing army. Jefferson saw a standing army and a central bank as the two main threats to freedom. So here we are, a nation at perpetual war with a people in perpetual debt.

The Media have succeeded in making "Malitia" a dirty word, because its in the Second Amendment.

OP, just go out and make some friends with like minded people and don't put a label on it.

OP, as soon as youre "organized and known to the public" half your membership is gonna be FBI/ATF. We'd be better off with thousands of 4-6 man groups than 1 group with a bunch of guys. Just the fact that youre calling it a militia is already heading down the wrong road imo.

Are there currently any active militias in MA? I did some googling but came up empty.

If done right and with a enough members, I think we could greatly benefit from one. What do you all think?

And no, I am not picturing a bunch of mall ninja’s fumbling through the forrest and shooting at trees with their faces covered. But rather some kind of a brotherhood that is organized, armed, prepared, united around a narrow set of causes and known to the public. Something you can be proud to say you are a member of.
DIY; not a joiner so became my own one man force; make your own rules and can change them anytime to my own liking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom