Model W625B German training rifle

n1oty

NES Member
I have a friend who is looking for information on a rifle that his grandfather brought back from Germany at the conclusion of WW2. The markings and my basic internet searches show this to be a German WW2 training rifle. I have seen pictures of the rifle and markings

Mod W 625B
Stylized BSW
Suhl
22 caliber

My friend lives in central Mass and I would like to steer him to someone in that area who may be somewhat expert in evaluating this rifle because my check of auction prices indicates that this rifle may be valuable. His grandfather brought back this rifle and his personal 03-A3 after the war, but he is now dead, so we cannot get any answers from him.

What exactly are you trying to figure out? The value? Whether or not its safe to shoot? Are there any stampings on the wood?

What exactly are you trying to figure out? The value? Whether or not its safe to shoot? Are there any stampings on the wood?

I want to find someone who is very knowledgeable with this specific rifle, preferably in central Mass, that I can connect my friend with so the rifle can be properly evaluated, both for firing/safety and value. I know enough to tell that this rifle MAY be valuable, but not enough to properly judge it.

Back
Top Bottom