Model 1917 Eddystone

I'm looking for some info concerning my Model 1917 Eddystone. Trying to find out where it was manufactured, how to look up the serial number and figure out what the markings on the weapon stand for. Any help would be great.

Pics necessary for precise answers. If your Eddystone has the original barrel, on the top behind the front sight, there is a an "E", a bomb, and a date. My Eddystone is 335K, and dated 2-18. Many M17s were re-barreled during WWII with a JA barrel and no date.

Most M17s were rearsenaled during WWII and will have a mix of parts, as many small parts were interchanged in the rebuild. The original blue finish became dark parkerized. The front of the stock under the barrel will tell you the stock manufacturer; W(inchester), (R)emington, and E(ddystone). My Eddystone has another variation; the stock has a "40" on the nose along with an "A" in the channel indicating it was a 40 inch (long type) replacement contract stock made by the American Billiard and Bowling company.

MS

Last edited:
More info on the Enfield. I have a "P" in a square behind the trigger guard, and a rectangle on the left side with S.S.A.A. inside.

P is the proof mark; SSAA couldn't find that, but I have heard of it - where it was rearsenaled in WWII.

MS

Aah...beaten by 1 minute!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom