mod please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
What, in the actual f***, is going on here? This can't be serious...
Do you even NES, Bro?

It started in the ‘betting on the election results’ thread if you want the backstory?

I pay $20 a year to NES strictly for entertainment value now that I live out of state...I make my money back 100 fold in threads like this.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So what happens if a winner is declared and it’s a long drawn out recount ect.. ect.. and tied up legally? I could see this being an absolute shit show after the count. I give both you guys street cred for wagering 10K but I am Mystified about why the F’K you guys want a 3rd party involved. Just be straight up with each other and pay it after the final count is done and a winner is declared. Btw TRUMP ALL THE WAY!!

dlarge

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Do you even NES, Bro?

It started in the ‘betting on the election results’ thread if you want the backstory?

I pay $20 a year to NES strictly for entertainment value now that I live out of state...I make my money back 100 fold in threads like this.
I guess not enough!

And this guy wanting our country's problems "solved in a way consistent with our Constitution" voting left? DAFUQ?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So what happens if a winner is declared and it’s a long drawn out recount ect.. ect.. and tied up legally? I could see this being an absolute shit show after the count. I give both you guys street cred for wagering 10K but I am Mystified about why the F’K you guys want a 3rd party involved. Just be straight up with each other and pay it after the final count is done and a winner is declared. Btw TRUMP ALL THE WAY!!
I think the terms were spelled out pretty clearly in the other thread wher the bet was actually made/accepted.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We addressed most possible outcomes:

Haha, keep your shirt on. I’m not an old guy and don’t have the cash until the home sells in ten days. Just being transparent. And we need no funny business, so let’s take a moment to firm up terms.

- If Trump takes oath of office or otherwise is president on that date (Jan 18), I win.
- If Biden takes oath of office or otherwise is president on that date (Jan 18), you win.
- If for some reason it is still pending determination between the two at that time, wait 30 days for determination (end of Feb).
- If neither Trump or Biden is president by end of February, neither of us wins, individual bets are returned.
- $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) cash in $100 bills to be hand-delivered this month, counterfeit-tested, and held in escrow by a third party on NES.
- Distribution on inauguration day or the next day following on which either Trump or Biden is president, no later than 11:59p on Feb 28.
- Escrow to be held by whichever NES member has the greatest reputation in the form of likes per post. If that member declines, next highest reputation score is asked.

Do you agree to these terms?

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
How much is the bet? You could both paypal to me and I will hold it in my paypal account till the election, then pay the winner.
Problem with Paypalling the money is the state will make you pay income tax and sales tax on that money. They require Paypal to send you a 1099-misc on the "sale"

Anything over $10,000.00 and there will be Federal paperwork sent to the IRS also and you'll be investigated for money laundering.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I’ll bet a dollar that by the time this rolls around someone will have a “family emergency” and back out with their tail between their legs.

ETA: I’d hold the money but if you put 20K in cash in front of me there will be hookers and cocaine involved.

Atlantis

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you don’t trust each other enough to do this straight up, honor code, then I feel bad for whoever is your mid
I’ll bet a dollar that by the time this rolls around someone will have a “family emergency” and back out with their tail between their legs.
Once the funds are in escrow, that's not how that works. I would not want to be that third party.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If you don’t trust each other enough to do this straight up, honor code, then I feel bad for whoever is your mid

Once the funds are in escrow, that's not how that works. I would not want to be that third party.
Are the funds in escrow yet? No. Back to my point.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It's $10,000, not $1,000. And I'm the commie piece of shit you trying to figure out, cuz I'm betting and hoping Biden wins. Trump is a fascist demagogue POS in my book, and I can't wait to see him gone. This government has many problems, but they need to be solved in a way consistent with our Constitution, to which, by the way, I swore an oath, and for which put my life on the line, as have many others, but not "heel spur" Trump. You are entitled to your opinion, and me to mine.
Just hand it over to Brewer we all know Trump is going to win and if he doesn't then the election was a fraud cause Trump says so... and you will have lost anyways. :)

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

ETA: I’d hold the money but if you put 20K in cash in front of me there will be hookers and cocaine involved.
That’s why we dictated an objective way to choose the most reputable/trustworthy NES member as escrow. Thanks for your candor. [rofl]

Grendizer138

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’m all but certain Biden is going to win. I told the oldlady if Trump wins I’m going to celebrate by buyIng myself a Rolex - I used to think that was a baller move before reading this thread!

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

I wouldn’t do it either. You can’t keep the cash in the bank and no telling what can happen. Someone could break into your house/apartment, one of the 2 strangers that now know your address could send some crackheads over, etc. stay away from this one gentlemen.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, Remember him "oldguy47" when the shit goes south leave him outside to fend for himself. Better still, over run his dump and take what you want.

Maura

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn’t do it either. You can’t keep the cash in the bank and no telling what can happen. Someone could break into your house/apartment, one of the 2 strangers that now know your address could send some crackheads over, etc. stay away from this one gentlemen.
It’s going straight into a safe at my office until settlement, so that may be an easier place to meet: 1 Ashburton Place, 20th Floor, in Boston. Only mentioned my home address so we could meet on the weekend and toast to the Biden administration.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
This bet sounds like a lose / lose situation.

The results may be in question for weeks.

Biden might stroke out if he wins.

You should make a bet on who is sworn in in January.

That is what will matter.

I made a bet with Skysoldier last election and he is an honest man.

However if things go sideways you should plan for that and put a stipulation in you terms.

If you are betting big money, you may both get angry if things are not very clear in the end.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
This bet sounds like a lose / lose situation.

The results may be in question for weeks.

Biden might stroke out if he wins.

You should make a bet on who is sworn in in January.

That is what will matter.

I made a bet with Skysoldier last election and he is an honest man.

However if things go sideways you should plan for that and put a stipulation in you terms.

If you are betting big money, you may both get angry if things are not very clear in the end.
Excellent. Sounds like a duel is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom