Mobilization

Grendel

Banned
Ok, we know that Obama is a gun grabber. We KNOW, with some of the Democrats in place, they will put forth gun control/ban legislation. We need to nip this in the bud today, right now. We need to start somewhere and I had a thought about it.

What I propose:

Grass Roots Mobilization. We need people in every state to get the word out. With the internet, there are many different enthusiast boards for every state. We need to petition, with real voter's names, addresses, etc, at the state level.

For instance, my Rep is going to be Carol Shea Porter. I asked her about 2nd Amendment rights and this was her (canned) reply:

"Dear Grendel:

Thank you for writing my office and sharing your thoughts with me regarding the Second Amendment.

As you know, the Supreme Court recently affirmed that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to bear arms rather than a collective right. As such, any restriction on individual gun rights is subjected to strict scrutiny. I support the Second Amendment and support an individual right to bear arms. I also support necessary and limited restrictions on this right, consistent with the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Second Amendment, where necessary to protect public safety. I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress debates this important issue.

To learn more about current legislation or about my voting record, I invite you to visit the Library of Congress legislative information website (www.thomas.gov). There, you can find the full text of a bill or a summary, who introduced it and when, who is cosponsoring it, and where it is in the legislative process. I also invite you to visit my website (http://shea-porter.house.gov) for more information about bills that I have introduced or cosponsored, and for issue updates, position statements, or to sign up for my email newsletter.

Thank you again for contacting my office. It is a privilege to serve you in Washington."

This is absolute double speak. Limit a Right?

What I am doing: Gathering signatures of voters in HER district. We will let her know that there is a growing body of voters in her district and that we're not going to take limiting our rights. The Dems pretty much know this, we had a Democratic Congress in 2004 that would not take on the AWB as it in sunset. We need to press the issue further, get vocal and get real. We need to get in their faces and stay there.

What I need:

We need people to get out there, get organized. Find the individual States and mobilize them. Get out on the boards, collect those signatures and contact the Reps and Senators. Let them know they have 2 years to NOT f*** this up.

We need statistics from credible sources, we need to educate the masses:

* The average gun owner is not the stereotypical homicidal maniac. (Dear old Mom owns a .38).
* We need to prove that guns prevent crime. (England and Australia).
* We need to show that guns are not going away. (When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns).
* We need to prove that gun ownership is going up (this latest trend certainly helps).

We need common, calm and reasonable language to add to the petition. We also need laws and precedence that supports our case.

Obama has a very tough row to hoe. He may take on feel good legislation before he falls flat on his face. We need to show him, through his own congress that we won't take this sitting down or lightly at all. Pick an easier subject or lose the majority and the re-election.

Thoughts?

I'd really like to see this cross posted on every board there is. I really would like to see some of you get off your butts and get involved in your district. Hell, even run for office!

This is Grendel and I approve this message.

(I wrote this for Pirate 4x4). I am posting it everywhere I frequent.

Grendel, good job brother! You just inspired me to get out and start writing and calling already. We need to get a list of who in congress is and is not on our side and put pressure on them to be on our side by showing them the numbers of voters who will not be handing them a job again if they go against us.

Grendel, good job brother! You just inspired me to get out and start writing and calling already. We need to get a list of who in congress is and is not on our side and put pressure on them to be on our side by showing them the numbers of voters who will not be handing them a job again if they go against us.

That is exactly my point. We need to show them they HAVE to side with us, or get the fawk out of the office.

Find your legislators here:

http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm

Good idea. I'm thinking of doing similar, where we have a brand-new state rep coming in to office. She's a Democrat of course, from our town and we know her personally. I don' have high expectations for her support of the 2nd Ammendment, but I suppose it's worth applying some pressure.

Back
Top Bottom