MN Officer charged in fatal shooting of Australian woman

"Minneapolis police officer charged in fatal shooting of Australian woman"

"No charges can bring our Justine back. However, justice demands accountability for those responsible for recklessly killing the fellow citizens they are sworn to protect, and today's actions reflect that,"

Apologies for deflecting form the incident and it certainly doesn't matter to the case but was she an Australian woman or a US Citizen?
I suppose she could be a legal immigrant. But why is there a need to point out where she is from if she is a US Citizen? The headline should read "Cop kills woman who reported in alley who called 911 to report an assault". End of story. Who gives a rats behind where she is from? Why are they trying to make this an international incident?

I hope this is the beginning of the process and that it continues through trial and CONVICTION. I'll be disappointed but not surprised if it somehow gets derailed or if he scoots somewhere more "friendly" to him. Like clock-boy did...

and the cops still aren't complying fully with turning on the body cams? How hard is it to turn on a camera? What's the excuse, the cameras identify as female and they cannot find the on switch? </sarc>

Apologies for deflecting form the incident and it certainly doesn't matter to the case but was she an Australian woman or a US Citizen?
I suppose she could be a legal immigrant. ..... Who gives a rats behind where she is from? Why are they trying to make this an international incident?
Legal immigrant Somali cop kills legal immigrant Australian woman. IIRC, it made a big splash in the Australian papers when it occurred.

And a followup. I story I just saw noted that she was born and raised in Australia but that her father was a US citizen. As such she held dual US / Australian citizenship, as opposed to being a legal immigrant.

"Minneapolis police officer charged in fatal shooting of Australian woman"

"No charges can bring our Justine back. However, justice demands accountability for those responsible for recklessly killing the fellow citizens they are sworn to protect, and today's actions reflect that,"

I suppose she could be a legal immigrant. But why is there a need to point out where she is from if she is a US Citizen? The headline should read "Cop kills woman who reported in alley who called 911 to report an assault". End of story. Who gives a rats behind where she is from? Why are they trying to make this an international incident?

Victim holds dual citizenship.

Good news, finally!

"Minneapolis police chief Medaria Arradondo said in a statement that Noor, who for eight months had been on paid administrative leave from the department, was terminated Tuesday."

[angry2]

"Minneapolis police chief Medaria Arradondo said in a statement that Noor, who for eight months had been on paid administrative leave from the department, was terminated Tuesday."

[angry2]
The fact that this scumbag has been receiving a salary for almost a year is a criminal act in and of itself.

Third degree murder & second degree manslaughter.

Family settled for $20 Million from the city and pledged $2 Million to a local agency to fight gun violence [puke2]

The New York Times wrote an article entitled
“A Black Officer, a White Woman, a Rare Murder Conviction. Is It ‘Hypocrisy,’ or Justice?”

I’m surprised they got a conviction with the games they were playing with evidence. I guess a dead woman in her PJs is hard to gloss over. I think the city had a hope it would happen and when it did the settlement came within a couple days.

Some new dash cam footage was just released. It shows the usual:

Noor showing his supervisor what happened, his supervisor claiming it didn’t happen.

Noor being treated like the victim

An officer calling Justine’s phone as she lay dying in the street that they had an important question to ask her.

Lots of people around, very few with cams on and those that are are catching stuff of importance during the 30sec buffer.

Youtube has the videos

Sentenced: 12.5 years
The real question is "what does this typically really mean for a convict who doesn't stir up shit while in stir".

With federal sentences the multiplier is .85 to get the "not in trouble early release sentence". With state sentences, it's all over the map.

Back
Top Bottom