MN LTC/CCW holder killed over broken tail light

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Man is still alive and cop doing nothing but holding him at gun point. That should automatically make this first degree murder.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-07/man-fatally-shot-during-traffic-stop-minnesota-governor-reportedly-evacuated

It's going to be interesting as to where they say the located the gun from the scene. Because if this cop never saw the gun then this has to be a clear case of murder. In the girlfriends video it was pretty clear there was no gun on his lap or on the floor of the car after he was shot. At least I didn't see a gun other than the cop's in her video.

"[FONT=&quot]A 28-year old nursing student who declined to be named said she was sitting in the parking lot of a nearby apartment building and saw the scene unfold. "[/FONT]I just heard the officer say, 'Put your hands up,' and before he finished saying that there were four shots.[FONT=&quot]" the woman[/FONT] said[FONT=&quot]."[/FONT]

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's a sad day when BLM becomes a legitimate cause.
+1

BLM has the same problem the police do - to them; every shooting is not justified even if it is a strongarm thief fighting the officer. To the police, every shooting is a justified "furtive movement" shooting if the shootee is unarmed.

This is reminiscent of the case where the black off duty officer was shot in RI because he was black.

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of the reasons why I will never tell a cop I'm carrying unless I have the legal obligation to do so. There is no benefit to voluntarily give out that information.
this case seems to prove that point!

IF I were asked to leave the vehicle and was concealed carrying I would probably say something then, for fear the cop would pat me down and then shoot without asking any questions.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Cops need to be educated and conditioned that not everyone with a gun is a threat.
In the academy gun = threat unless subject was saying "don't shoot I'm a cop" - even then you were to take him into custody until verified - but at least he wasn't shot.
With respect, don't you think academies already teach this? Don't you think there are sergeants and lieutenants at roll call, begging cops to keep it in the holster? They do that every day, if for no other reason than to avoid a press conference and lawsuit. The training is well established and probably consistent, but it's being ignored. Probably has been for decades; we're only finding out about it now because everybody and their mother has a camera.

I used to think people with these cell phone cameras were just narcissists. Now I feel differently. If cops are forced to think twice about their actions because they might be on camera, that MIGHT deter some of their excesses. And that's got to be good for liberty.

Say what you like about them, BLM is very interested in holding cops accountable. On film.

Amen. But that seems to be where we're at.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cops need to understand that just having a gun is not illegal yet no matter how much the dems/libs want it to be that way.
this is all spinning out of control
cops hear democratic senators and congressmen demonizing guns
cops hear BLM protestors and rap starts glorifying killing cops
cops see known criminals who are "connected" getting off scott free with a wink
cops have reports of possible home grown terrorist activity and are told to "be watchful"

So, yeah, it will develop a bunker mentality of US against THEM. unfortunately, we are the them.

Making concealed carry a non-horrifying thing might be a good start: More education. Positive news pieces of guns PROTECTING common citizens. even things like more youth getting thi hunting licenses as teens, and them spreading the word to a new generation that all this media anti gun crap is...CRAP

Having cops WALK a normal beat, getting to know the community, would go a long way for them seeing the "THEM" as the community they are supposed to protect. Driving around in a police car insulates them from the community.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The aren't. They are just like the black panthers but not organized. If they wanted to be relevant they would need to stop rioting and causing all the issues that they do and actually try to make a difference. Most are just as bad as the group they are supposedly they are advocating for

Last edited:

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since ambush in Oregon I keep posting that we have trigger happy yahoos in the police force who got there because of their connections, not because of successfully passing vigorous testing and receiving professional training. This is a serious training issue which needs to be addressed. Some policemen may not pass the testing and that would be exactly what needs to happen in order to prevent "lethal force" overuse.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Side note, this is why when I get on my car I never leave my wallet in my pockets. I put it in the center console.

Also probably a good time to point out your gun should be easily accessible in case you do start getting shot at for no reason.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Back when I took LFI-1, Ayoob suggested never mentioning that you have a gun unless you are in a state that requires notification during a traffic stop. And if you are in such a state, he recommends saying "Officer, I have a license to carry and I am carrying now. How would you like to proceed?" Notice that the language he recommends never uses the word "GUN". Saying "I have a gun" can send a nervous Nellie officer like this moron right into cardiac arrest.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The aren't. They are just minority wacko group. If they wanted to be relevant they would need to stop rioting and causing all the issues that they do. Most are just as bad as the group they are supposedly they are advocating for
Im not so sure. Who is more dangerous to my Liberty: loud black people breaking windows, or trigger-happy police officers?

No contest there.

A standing army has always been a threat to liberty. Make no mistake: posse committatus has done a GREAT job mitigating that threat in our society. But what has happened is that police forces have become a de facto army, unrestrained by posse committatus. Unrestrained by anything, in fact, except their own good judgement.

And that is a severe threat to every citizen.

Most of of the time, most cops judge wisely and well. But the risk of them failing to do so is that the State winds up murdering law-abiding people. Anyone trying to hold those cops accountable is providing a public service.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I took LFI-1, Ayoob suggested never mentioning that you have a gun unless you are in a state that requires notification during a traffic stop. And if you are in such a state, he recommends saying "Officer, I have a license to carry and I am carrying now. How would you like to proceed?" Notice that the language he recommends never uses the word "GUN". Saying "I have a gun" can send a nervous Nellie officer like this moron right into cardiac arrest.
Very important point! Thank you for bringing it up.

Watch how this will quickly turn into a new gun law. No more carrying in vehicles so any nervous Nellie officer can continue receiving his benefits. [smile]

DPR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At :30 the cop's voice sounds like that of a person who should never have been put in that situation and not to be carrying a gun. When does their training kick in and they start acting calm, cool and collected?

GPP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
At :30 the cop's voice sounds like that of a person who should never have been put in that situation and not to be carrying a gun. When does their training kick in and they start acting calm, cool and collected?

Unfortunately, you cant actually train someone to be calm, cool, and collected. This, in my opinion, is the biggest problem that exists within the LE industry.
This cop was without a doubt scared, and he absolutely panicked and shot the guy for no reason, not even a question.
Properly vetting candidates for police jobs would help this shit come to an end very quickly, and ending the ****ing "as long as you get home at the end of your tour safe" bullshit too.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Im not so sure. Who is more dangerous to my Liberty: loud black people breaking windows, or trigger-happy police officers?

I think you have a better chance of being killed or hurt by a rioter than the Police. Those riots usually are a lot more than people breaking windows. Buildings set on fire with no regard for human life that may be inside. Cars flipped over with people in them etc etc.
Don't get me wrong, It is a shame that this happened and I think the cop should be prosecuted for murder. Probably wont happen as we don't put gang members in jail for murder.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, you cant actually train someone to be calm, cool, and collected. This, in my opinion, is the biggest problem that exists within the LE industry.
This cop was without a doubt scared, and he absolutely panicked and shot the guy for no reason, not even a question.
Properly vetting candidates for police jobs would help this shit come to an end very quickly, and ending the ****ing "as long as you get home at the end of your tour safe" bullshit too.
^^THIS

Finally a good post.

You are correct. Some people can't be trained. They should not be on the police force. Just like those who can't see blood can't be surgeons. But in this country, police job is a reward for good connections. You focus on raking overtime $.

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most painful part of that video is watching that poor guy bleed out with a gun pointed on one side of his face and a camera on the other. WTF...

Time to buy more tourniquets and med kits to keep everywhere, and seek out trauma training.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a better chance of being killed or hurt by a rioter than the Police. Those riots usually are a lot more than people breaking windows. Buildings set on fire with no regard for human life that may be inside. Cars flipped over with people in them etc etc.
Don't get me wrong, It is a shame that this happened and I think the cop should be prosecuted for murder. Probably wont happen as we don't put gang members in jail for murder.
[rolleyes]

Did you take a brake from Grand Theft Auto? You can't be serious.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since ambush in Oregon I keep posting that we have trigger happy yahoos in the police force who got there because of their connections, not because of successfully passing vigorous testing and receiving professional training. This is a serious training issue which needs to be addressed. Some policemen may not pass the testing and that would be exactly what needs to happen in order to prevent "lethal force" overuse.
I wonder if people realize that having a CCW gives the cops the legal right to shoot you? You are armed and known to carry a gun so if they want to they can shoot you in the back. You are not really legal to carry a gun because they say where and when you can carry but you are a legal target because you carry a gun.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I think you have a better chance of being killed or hurt by a rioter than the Police.
I don't.

Riots I can (and do) avoid; cops I can't. In fact, they've made it illegal for me to avoid cops.

We're just going to have to disagree on this; YMMV. But there's a bigger picture here, bigger than our personal safety on a daily basis. The bigger picture involves accountability and fiat, and living in a police state worries me a lot more than getting caught in a riot.

runner328

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not that this should matter but my family is Johnny apple pie white Americans. It's really hard to convince our kids these days that the police are here to serve and protect us. All my young daughter sees is their gun, a liar and a person to be fearful of.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if people realize that having a CCW gives the cops the legal right to shoot you? You are armed and known to carry a gun so if they want to they can shoot you in the back. You are not really legal to carry a gun because they say where and when you can carry but you are a legal target because you carry a gun.
How is the investigation of that "stolen gun" mysteriously appearing next to murdered Lavoy Finicum in Oregon ambush going?

Any updates?.............Crickets...........

All of this will be used against us. Why? Because we are licensed, registered and easy to get to. Eventually, you will gladly trade your weapons for a lollipop. For your safety!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that this should matter but my family is Johnny apple pie white Americans. It's really hard to convince our kids these days that the police are here to serve and protect us. All my young daughter sees is their gun, a liar and a person to be fearful of.
When the top cop in the FBI let's a criminal like Hillary go then it tells you they are not here to protect and serve.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the investigation of that "stolen gun" mysteriously appearing next to murdered Lavoy Finicum in Oregon ambush going?

Any updates?

All of this will be used against us. Why? Because we are licensed, registered and easy to get to. Eventually you will gladly trade your weapons for a lollipop. For your safety!
Still no word on who shot Finicum in the back. Our govenor is making plans for more gun controls after the election and from what I hear they are doing it against the state constitution and in secret. Once democrats get a majority a state is doomed.

Top Bottom