• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mmmmm my new HK

Brent

NES Member
Just want to thank hk-sigman for showing me the light and providing me for purchase my new H&K USP Compact .45. This is a sweet carry pistol if I ever saw one and I know Derek now hates me more then ever :)

I will post some pics later today.

Congratulations Brent!

I have both the USP 40c and 45c. Haven't fired the .45c in >1 year, but found the trigger on the .40c to be a bear for defensive shooting. Love the gun but may be upgrading the trigger.

Let me know how you like that trigger. There are some options out there that don't break the bank.

Cross-X said:
Brent, for your next gun, I think you should get one of those nifty HK lemon-squeezers. After all, if you only have one HK, it could get lonely!

Yes, indeed. A very nice choice!

Just wish the mags weren't so damn expensive!

Nickle said:
The good Colonel Cooper doesn't speak highly of them, IIRC. I think I'd rather have a Glock, Beretta or 1911A1 myself.

It is a mark of no small distinction to disagree from time to time, with the good Colonel Cooper. I know I do sometimes.

True, he can be resistant to change sometimes, and his mind can't be what it was once. I tend to agree with him on some of the newer semi-auto pistols, though. I like simple when your life depends on it. I dislike decockers to a point (I've learned to deal with them, my military piece is an M9). I don't like the squeeze cocker, and had to learn to deal with the 1911A1 grip safety.

My CCW piece is a Glock 19. Simple, safe and reliable.

Nickle said:
I dislike decockers to a point

What is it that you don't like about decockers, Nickel? I actually have two - the PPK and the P90. Wouldn't hesitate to trust myself to either of them. (and I was wondering if I was going to get my P90 back from your son-in-law... he seemed mighty taken by it!)

Just wondering.

IF you leave the decocker in the down position, like a sefety, you MUST flip it back up to fire. Doesn't sound like much of a problem, but IF you're used to a Single Action semi like a 1911A1, you tend to leave the safety off, unless you've got a round in the chamber and the hammer back. Therefore I like the Glock, you don't screw up when under pressure.

The way I've learned to overcome it is to use the decocker, then IMMEDIATELY put it back up. Remember, I don't use the Beretta against criminals, I use it as a military firearm.

Ah, I see.

Well, the PPK works as you describe, but the Ruger's decocker is spring-loaded... there is no safety on the P90 other than a long trigger pull in DA.

As I've said before... the only way anyone is getting my Ruger is over my dead body. :)

Ross

dwarven1 said:
As I've said before... the only way anyone is getting my Ruger is over my dead body. :)

Ross

Spring loaded is OK, I could live with that. The M9 Beretta (AKA the 92FS) isn't.

If Chris really wants one of those P90 Rugers, he CAN get it new, wholesale, you know.

I was wondering why as well. I can see you point in that case though.

Both of the pistols I have with decockers don't stay in safe after pressing the decocker. The HK is spring loaded the way Ross described the Ruger and must be moved to safe after decocking. The Walther is a spring loaded button in the slide and is only a decock, no safety.

CD

Nickle said:
Remember what I'm using the M9 for, and for whom. Kind of hard carrying a 95 pound machine gun around with you. And we don't have our M4's in state, yet.

Maybe you should get to the gym?? :p :D

Adam

Adam_MA said:
Nickle said:
Remember what I'm using the M9 for, and for whom. Kind of hard carrying a 95 pound machine gun around with you. And we don't have our M4's in state, yet.

Maybe you should get to the gym?? :p :D

Adam

Gym, hell, carrying a Ma Deuce wasn't fun when I was 18. I'm 50 now. And firing that beast from the hip? No way.

Good thing they give me a 56 ton mount (M88A1).

Here are the pics. THey be big :)

DSC07666.JPG

DSC07667.JPG

DSC07668.JPG

Back
Top Bottom