• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MK IV firing pin fail

I was on another Ruger forum that talked about another problem with the MK IV's. It seems that the firing pin may fail do to another hole that has been drilled in it.
Has anyone here had that happen to them? I have a MKIII that I can replace the pin or maybe the whole bolt. Not sure yet what to do. Maybe someone here has more info for us.

I was on another Ruger forum that talked about another problem with the MK IV's. It seems that the firing pin may fail do to another hole that has been drilled in it.
Has anyone here had that happen to them? I have a MKIII that I can replace the pin or maybe the whole bolt. Not sure yet what to do. Maybe someone here has more info for us.

I've put about 2500 rounds through my stock one with no issue. Now it has an aftermarket one. Worst case I'd assume is just buy an aftermarket one and install. The firing pic is an easy swap out and that's coming from me, who took4 hours to put the hammer assembly back into his..... :/

Not sure what to do as far as what? Did yours break? Or not sure if you should buy one?

The firing pin is super easy to remove/replace. Also I am fairly certain that a MKIII pin fits in a MKIV without any modification.

The firing pin is super easy to remove/replace. Also I am fairly certain that a MKIII pin fits in a MKIV without any modification.

Yes, I think that is correct. I do have a MK III I am not shooting much. I was thinking of just swapping pins to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the posts guys.

Back
Top Bottom