1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

MIT librarian thinks there's too many white ideas in the stacks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Apr 23, 2019.

1. rali

rali

Thank god for the “ignore” option so I don’t have to read stupid sh*t written by complete idiots.

2. Artifact

Artifact NES Member

Like any one stopped non-whites from filling library shelves, building, inventing, medical breakthrough and the list goes on and on.

3. Artifact

Artifact NES Member

They have actually, right in Washington DC.

4. radioman

radioman NES Member

I went back through this thread post by post and never found the post you quoted?

5. teaser452

teaser452

I think you can figure out which post from reptile. What radioman said is he doesn’t like hearing the truth and likes the fact that he has the right to ignore it.

6. teaser452

teaser452

The sad fact is that if we took every single
    American, all of them, white black brown and yellow and any purple ones we can find, and put them in Africa and took every single African and put them in the United States, in 10 years Africa would be a paradise and the United States would be a slum from sea to shining sea.

Bt74 likes this.
  7. daekken

daekken NES Member

The European "Dark Ages" were not a thing; it's ahistorical.
    Illuminated manuscripts are indeed awesome, though.
    I saw the Book of Kells in Ireland and it was simply incredible.

8. Pete85

Pete85

Replace "white" with "Jew" in that statement and that is literally the type of propaganda that preceded one of the worst genocides in modern history.

It only goes to show how screwed up the modern world is when this type of blatant racism and hatred is acceptable on college campuses, but a sign saying "It's OK to be white" prompts a serious investigation.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Bt74 likes this.
  9. BostonVI

BostonVI NES Member

I'm tired of the obsession with race in this country.

lowbuckbob, new guy, Waher and 5 others like this.
  10. djbradles

djbradles NES Member

I’ll call them “Dark” and you call them “Middle”. Semantics aside there is a reason I call them dark. Two histories at play here: human history and God’s history. God’s history is hidden in human history as a seed within a shell and both of these lead to an end. Mainly the Bible being kept from the common people for that length of time yielded a very un-enlightened age. We could go and on but this is a secular vs. religious viewpoint.

I’ll have to check out some further online images of the book of kells though. My kids enjoyed that cartoon movie.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  11. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Somebody is playing a game - and it's likely to end badly for one or more of the races. There was a time when I thought the best thing to do is just ignore race and then people could all just get along.

But the issue keeps getting pushed and pushed and pushed. So I finally got to the point where I decided " fine - you want to play this game - let's play - bitches ".

Since it's now blindingly apparent that there are forces out there trying to racialize everything - I think it's just stupid to be the one guy left trying to keep everybody calm. I'm not Kevin Bacon in Animal House.

The part that I think is exceedingly stupid about this whole thing - is the people who are screaming the loudest about race this and race that and are all increasingly screaming "Kill Whitey!" - are the ones who are at a distinct disadvantage if the shooting actually starts - and the camps actually start processing bodies. But whatever - there's another thing that I've learned in my life and that is that it's very very difficult to try and talk people out of doing stupid shit. So if they're going to insist on continuing to do stupid shit - I'm going to let them , and past a certain point - I'm going to ENCOURAGE them, because it benefits me to see them burn.

I used to think that when I saw a stupid person trying to put their hand on a hot stove - I should tell them " Don't do that!! - you'll burn yourself!!" . The problem is that - as I've learned - most of the really stupid don't want to thank you for stopping them from burning their hand. They're going to get pissed at you for telling them not to do something. So once I finally grew up and accepted reality - I realized it was much better to tell people who wanted to put their hand on the hot stove : " sounds like a good idea - you should do that!" - and then sit back and watch them run around the room with their hand on fire. Because with the right mindset - it's very entertaining to watch a person flail around while they're on fire.

That's pretty much the way I look this situation now. If all the lefties and the LGBTGQRSTUV types, and the lunatic feminist women - and all the assorted POC want to yell and scream about getting whitey - it's not my job to try and argue them out of it any more. It's in fact not my job to even argue sense any more. What my job is - is to get white people to pull their heads out of their butts and look around them at what is going on - and wash all those ideas of yesteryear out of their heads - and come to grips with the world of tomorrow.

Given the way things are going - the world of tomorrow is very likely to be war. Civil war, internecine war, world war , religious war - not quite sure which. But it sure as hell doesn't seem like all this stupid shit is going to die down on it's own without a whole bunch of people being thrown on the funeral pyres.

It's too bad - because I remember what this country was like 20 - 30 - even 40 years ago. All sorts of different types of people pretty much got along. Doesn't seem like that's likely to happen again any time in the near future.

Prepper, teaser452 and timbo like this.
  12. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

The thing I think is exceedingly stupid about all this (I already mentioned this in the above post) - is that what we've got going on is a MINORITY of people yelling and screaming and making the types of propoganda you're referring to.

For some reason the blacks (something like 13% of the population) - think they're going to genocide the whites (who still make up something like 65% of the overall population)

The Muslims seem to think they're going to take over - when they are still a very distinct minority in this country.

Crazed women think they're going to rule over all the men - when I don't think there's a SINGLE case of that happening in human history - EVER.

We've got people who openly call themselves commies saying we're going to go commie - when communism has been an abject failure with over 100 years of mass death and national destruction behind it

And we've got other assorted minority groups like the LGBTQRSTUV crowd - which are comprised of people who would have been diagnosed with mental illness even just 20 years ago - trying to shove their view of the world down the throats of "normies" and "breeders" - when they are a VERY distinct minority ( probably something like 3% of the population).

The problem I see with all of this - is that I've been reading history for a long time. These types of things ALWAYS precede a massive fall for whatever society / civilization puts up with them. Then - just like when anything gets out of control - there's a cleanup period. Why? Because in the end the purpose of human society is to reproduce itself and is for the people within it to have some semblance of ORDER . Human beings simply hate to live in utter chaos for any extended period of time. They will *eventually* enforce order thru brutal methods if that is what it takes. The order they enforce might not be the type of order we have been used to in this country (look at human societies over history - there's all sorts of different interpretations of "order" ).

But they WILL make things orderly one way or another. The lefties like to bitch about Hitler - but what they seem to be absolutely incapable of comprehending - is that Hitler in large part was put into power because he promised to ENFORCE ORDER. After the loss of WW1, the Weimar hyperinflation lunacy , as well as a commie revolution - people wanted some semblance of order. So right or wrong - the Nazis came in and promised to give it (they already had actually - Nazi street gangs had been beating the shit out of commie street gangs before the Nazis actually gained political power).

The same thing will happen here - and the lunatics will burn, as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow.

The minorities playing this "bait whitey" game - are playing with literal fire.

teaser452 and timbo like this.
  13. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

having a race blind free country....is an experiment. If you look at most other countries, they are single race, single religion...and anything else is blotted out.

The experiment is only part way done...not sure how it will turn out. A decade or so ago, I would have said it was going pretty well. But then Obama set it all back about 30 years, people started talking about "reparations" without laughing profusely...and now i am seriously doubting things will end well.

14. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

Define the term "too much"?

Bt74, Fritz the Cat and rcwhat like this.
  15. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Exactly.

I'd go further and say that the experiment was only going to work if some rules were followed. And I'd put the timeline when those rules started getting broken well before Obama came into office.

Once you started politicizing everything under the sun, and instituted a welfare state - where you're stealing from some people and giving away to others - I'd say that failure was a foregone conclusion.

Big government is also a factor.

People forget that the original colonies were "diverse". That's why we ended up with a Federal system - and state's rights. Because the original colonies were or were damn close to being their own distinct nations. That's why we ended up with the compromises on slavery. If it weren't for that - there might not have been a US in the first place. Might have been for the better - because then there would have been no civil war - no continent wide country with it's attendant big government - etc.

People decided to start breaking all those rules a long time ago - long before Obama. Affirmative action goes back a long ways before Obama.

IMHO what is going on - is that we've had affirmative action for a long time. People have ended up in positions and have gained political power they would not have had otherwise. Then Obama gets elected - and a lot of people thought it was some new day dawning. The black man was going to rule over the white man or some shit like that. Then Obama is out - and everybody thinks that female Jesus is going to take over from black Jesus and the quest for leftie nirvana can continue. The white devil won though. So the age of the wailing and the gnashing of teeth and the reeeeeeeees began. They call Trump Hitler - because it's a similar dynamic as Germany in the 30's - where the Weimar Republic failed (go read up about some of the perversion during the Weimar Republic - especially in Berlin) - and Hitler came into power.

Stupid lefties misinterpret Hitler following Weimar as the Nazis destroying Weimar. The real reading of history is that Weimar failed bcause lefties went nuts and everything was falling apart. Hitler came in to clean up the mess.

It's the same dynamic as what happens in a company whose management class goes nutso. If the company is to be saved - then the management that MUST be brought in to clean up the mess is not going to be nice about it.

Spanz likes this.
  17. VetteGirlMA

VetteGirlMA NES Member

The library of Alexandria, probably the most famous library of the ancient world was founded by a white guy, so it can't possibly make the list. Besides a lot of the highly educated economically disadvantaged educationally challenged individuals who helped to burn the library down and in the process the loss forever of some greek philosophy, astronomy and mathematics. Maybe if a person of color wrote a book entitled "Burn down all libraries" and then submitted this to the MIT librarian would she have the guts to put it on a shelf?

Bt74 likes this.
  18. Yazz

Yazz NES Member

MIT should remove the word racist from their Library because it was created by white people.

19. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Hey, come on. We aren't the only ones with great ideas...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

I FINALLY found an explanation of the "New Math" way of multiplying two numbers.
    Actually, the old way of multiplying numbers, that had worked FINE for thousands of years...and works faster than the "core" math way when done by hand....i did find an obscure math study that says the new way of multiplying numbers IS better...but only if you are mulitplying two VERY LARGE numbers. Like two numbers with 300 digits in each...the new way cuts the number of operations a computer needs to do by a LOT...turns the multiplication into simple additions.

So NOT ALL of the new ways of teaching are 100% bat shit crazy...only maybe 95% or so.

Mathematicians Just Discovered an 'Astonishing' New Way to Multiply Large Numbers

21. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

Racist people, like the person that was quoted in the OP, need to keep it alive in order to feel relevant.

Only racist people are constantly thinking about race. I never even thought about the color of the person that wrote a book, published a blog, wrote a song or did anything else I read, listen or watch.

People like this woman are the real racists today.

yanquidog likes this.
  22. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

I would say 99.99% are crazy

Let me know the last time you had to multiply two numbers that large.

23. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

I only know old school math. Not the crap they teach in today's school, plus I hate math.

24. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

25. Uzi2

Uzi2 NES Member

The MIT librarian's annunciated thoughts are unquestionably OVERT, OUTRIGHT RACISM!!

I DEMAND that Sofia Leung be fired from her job immediately.

If it were a white man making the same claims about the shelves having too many books by blacks, asians, indians, etc. there would be immediate action against them.

I ABSOLUTELY DEMAND EQUAL TREATMENT FOR SOFIA LEUNG.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  26. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    FIFY

27. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    Then why do you USE it, in your post?

[drops mic on stage, exits.) [laugh]

Chevy 2 65 likes this.
  28. ccm75

ccm75 NES Member

Lets start burning some of them white books...

29. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

Like this
    [​IMG]