Missouri Lawmakers Expand 2A Rights

MachineHead

NES Member
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...s-pass-expanded-gun-rights-final-day-39105912

Missouri lawmakers passed a sweeping expansion of gun rights Friday, allowing people to carry concealed guns without needing permits while also expanding their right to stand and fight against perceived threats.

The legislation, which goes to Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon, was among the most prominent measures passed by the Republican-led Legislature on the final day of its annual session.

Next step:

VII. SIGNING BY THE GOVERNOR

Bills Truly Agreed To and Finally Passed are signed in open session by the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tem of the Senate. At the time of signing, any members may file written objections which are sent with the bill to the Governor. The Governor has fifteen days to act on a bill if it is sent to him during the legislative session; and forty-five days if the legislature has adjourned or has recessed for a thirty day period. The Governor has four options:
1. Sign the bill, making it become part of Missouri law.
2. Veto the bill. In this case, the bill is returned to the General Assembly where a two-thirds vote of both houses is required to override the veto.

3. Not sign the bill. Should the Governor take no action within the prescribed time, the bill goes to the Secretary of State, who then enrolls the bill as an authentic act. It then becomes law.

4. Veto line-items in an appropriation bill. On appropriation bills only, the Governor may choose to veto selected items within the bill. The General Assembly may override this veto by a two-thirds majority of both houses.

Even if Gov. Nixon vetoes it, they have more than enough votes to override.

Go Missouri!

Last edited:
I'll be driving to Missouri the first week of July to visit family. If this passes before then, I wonder if a non resident will be able to carry concealed legally?

Last edited:
So when this goes into effect 20% of the country will have Constitutional Carry?

Besides NH & TN, are any other states looking likely to pass with continued efforts?

The current Constitutional Carry list is:

1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Arkansas
4. Kansas
5. Maine
6. Mississippi
7. Missouri
8. Vermont
9. West Virginia
10. Idaho (for residents)
11. Wyoming (for residents)

The current Constitutional Carry list is:

1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Arkansas
4. Kansas
5. Maine
6. Mississippi
7. Missouri
8. Vermont
9. West Virginia
10. Idaho (for residents)
11. Wyoming (for residents)
As long as you're including the states with qualified constitutional carry, I think that Montana would on this list since one doesn't need a license to carry a concealed handgun outside of metropolitan areas.

Missouri recognizes all out of state licenses.
well, that was sort of my point. Including Massachusetts.

Is Puerto Rico, currently, constitutional carry?

I'm still amazed by the massive vote margins in the MO Assembly:

The legislation passed the Republican-led Senate on a 24-8 party-line vote. The House then gave it final approval 114-36, with a little over an hour remaining before the session's mandatory end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom