• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Missouri Governor Will Sign Bill Nullifying Federal Gun Laws...My soon to be home state.

This is a stated as a direct Quote,

"Missouri is not attempting to nullify federal law," Parson and Schmitt wrote in a letter to Acting Assistant Attorney General Brian Boynton of DOJ's Civil Division. "Instead, Missouri is defending its people from federal government overreach by prohibiting state and local law enforcement agencies from being used by the federal government to infringe Missourians’ right to keep and bear arms."

So as you can see that like any "employer" they have the authority to control their employees. So Garland's Communist Minions are spouting shit as that is all they have.

I know first hand that the State, County, City or Town Law Enforcement Agencies have no "Jurisdiction" over Federal law, Unless the Federal Law is Codified as state law or regulation, and enforced and prosecuted as a violation of state law or regulation, or The State, County, City, or Town Agencies are purposely empowered to enforce such laws. Usually that requires that those on the State or lessor levels be "Cross" Deputized as federal agents.

Last edited:
Biden DOJ upset that Missouri made itself a sanctuary from federal gun rules; says state lacks authority to shield against enforcement of federal laws

I loath the executive order abuse that has become the norm in recent decades.....but in the case of Trump and the re-priortization of funding to the wall.....that was done via legislative approval passed long long ago and had been exercised by previous presidents

It wasnt the movement of funds that dems and some republicans had issue with.....it was that TRUMP did it and he did it to fund wall construction

Call it what you will. The President said, "I wanna do something. Give me money." Congress specifically said, "No" on that particular expenditure. The President went ahead and did it anyway, by robbing Peter to pay Paul.

No matter what President it is, no matter what the issue is, that's not the way the Constitution spells it out. The branches of the government need to work together whether they like it or not.

Who cares if previous Presidents had done it. That might be part of the "executive order abuse that has become the norm in recent decades," which you say you loathe. Why is it better if Trump does it?

Call it what you will. The President said, "I wanna do something. Give me money." Congress specifically said, "No" on that particular expenditure. The President went ahead and did it anyway, by robbing Peter to pay Paul.

No matter what President it is, no matter what the issue is, that's not the way the Constitution spells it out. The branches of the government need to work together whether they like it or not.

Who cares if previous Presidents had done it. That might be part of the "executive order abuse that has become the norm in recent decades," which you say you loathe. Why is it better if Trump does it?
If I recall, The Congress already Authorized the Construction of the Border Wall, and President Trump used his Executive Authority to redirect money, to pay for it. Oh, The last I recalled, It went to the USSC and they concurred.

"Missouri is not attempting to nullify federal law," Parson and Schmitt wrote in a letter to Acting Assistant Attorney General Brian Boynton of DOJ's Civil Division. "Instead, Missouri is defending its people from federal government overreach by prohibiting state and local law enforcement agencies from being used by the federal government to infringe Missourians’ right to keep and bear arms."

So as you can see that like any "employer" they have the authority to control their employees. So Garland's Communist Minions are spouting shit as that is all they have.

I know first hand that the State, County, City or Town Law Enforcement Agencies have no "Jurisdiction" over Federal law, Unless the Federal Law is Codified as state law or regulation, and enforced and prosecuted as a violation of state law or regulation, or The State, County, City, or Town Agencies are purposely empowered to enforce such laws. Usually that requires that those on the State or lessor levels be "Cross" Deputized as federal agents.
Looks like "task forces" which include local LE agencies assisting federal agents will no longer be operating in Missouri. They can't take away the authority of federal agents, but they don't have to cooperate with them either.

Looks like "task forces" which include local LE agencies assisting federal agents will no longer be operating in Missouri. They can't take away the authority of federal agents, but they don't have to cooperate with them either.
Funny how what’s good for the goose (Democrats illegal immigrant sanctuary states) ISN’T good for the gander (2A federal overreach sanctuary states).

Suck it up princesses. You all started this.

"Dupuis claims he’s a firm supporter of the Second Amendment, but feels that he can’t do his job without sovereign immunity protecting him from civil lawsuits when he goes beyond what he’s legally allowed to do."

It's probably best he quit. What a chump.

"Dupuis claims he’s a firm supporter of the Second Amendment, but feels that he can’t do his job without sovereign immunity protecting him from civil lawsuits when he goes beyond what he’s legally allowed to do."

It's probably best he quit. What a chump.

Yeah.

Your underlined excerpt there? That's everything wrong with modern policing. It's disturbing that a CoP can admit in public that he feels a need to go "beyond what he's legally allowed to do" and gets nothing but heartfelt support from his municipal overlords.

Yeah.

Your underlined excerpt there? That's everything wrong with modern policing. It's disturbing that a CoP can admit in public that he feels a need to go "beyond what he's legally allowed to do" and gets nothing but heartfelt support from his municipal overlords.
And here again, when someone says they support the 2A and then literally the very next word is "but", I will always tell that person to their face that they are puking a crock of shit...and I've done it a few times.

2A: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I see no "but" in that amendment, at all.

Yeah.

Robert Kraft's masseuse probably wishes she was allowed to go beyond what she was legally allowed to do...

Robert Kraft's masseuse probably wishes she was allowed to go beyond what she was legally allowed to do...

I mean, it's hard for me to imagine that from any responsible public servant. If the DPW head or the school superintendent claimed they couldn't do their job without protection for those times when they completely overstepped their authority, I'd expect them to get fired tout suite.

I'm sure I'd be disappointed, though.

I mean, it's hard for me to imagine that from any responsible public servant. If the DPW head or the school superintendent claimed they couldn't do their job without protection for those times when they completely overstepped their authority, I'd expect them to get fired tout suite.

I'm sure I'd be disappointed, though.
A teacher (no offense) complaining they can't beat an unruly student with a yardstick without immunity....

It is indeed troubling. Then again you see that case in TN a while ago where the whole town's taxpayers had to pay up because the police were offended about a meme someone posted so they arrested the guy who posted it...readily admitting in texts between cops that they were violating his First Amendment rights, but they wanted to "teach him a lesson"...and it's not too surprising I guess.

But, the underlined words should be one of the truly "stunning revelations" kinds of statements.

Yet I would be willing to wager that the very same AG Garland would publicly look the other way when states allow selling of recreational or even medical weed to people. In 2017 when Trump was elected a lot of states started passing laws similar to this saying that local and state police cannot cooperate with the immigration agents. So as far as I'm concerned any state that snubs their nose at the feds is fine. It was fine in 2017, it's still fine now.

A teacher (no offense) complaining they can't beat an unruly student with a yardstick without immunity....

It is indeed troubling. Then again you see that case in TN a while ago where the whole town's taxpayers had to pay up because the police were offended about a meme someone posted so they arrested the guy who posted it...readily admitting in texts between cops that they were violating his First Amendment rights, but they wanted to "teach him a lesson"...and it's not too surprising I guess.

But, the underlined words should be one of the truly "stunning revelations" kinds of statements.
None taken. That's a great parallel.

Or.

DPW Guy: I'm going to have to resign. That new state lawr...
Mayor: Oh yeah. I heard. Sorry to lose you, but exactly what's the problem?
DPW: Well, you know how I always steal a bunch of the town's road salt and give it to you and the rest of the Town Council for your driveways? And I always plow you guys out first?
Mayor: Oh, totally.
DPW: The new lawr says I can get sued for doing stuff like that. Like, for when I plow out your driveway and deposit all the snow in your neighbor's yard.
Mayor, shaking his head: What's this world coming to? Well. I'll issue a proclamation in recognition of your years of dedicated service. Just make sure you announce publicly that you can't keep the job because you can no longer break the law.
DPW: Hey thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

And here again, when someone says they support the 2A and then literally the very next word is "but", I will always tell that person to their face that they are puking a crock of shit...and I've done it a few times.

2A: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I see no "but" in that amendment, at all.

I support the second amendment, but anyone who open carries is an idiot who’s not helping our cause and deserves to be arrested.

🤣

Actually, I think the important difference will be whether or not Missouri has any balls. This could either get interesting or disappointing. I do like that Missouri is pushing the issue.
They can always evict some federal tenants in some random fort by shooting canons at it, or something.

Based upon a 2019 study of weapons used in homicides. I am wondering what reasoning anyone could have for legitimately supporting any "assault (ugh)" weapon ban.

Back
Top Bottom