Missing phone location often mistakenly show as one couple's home...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
When I had Sprint on the Cape it would routinely show up that I was calling from Brockton. Folks wouldn't answer their phones. (At least that's what they would tell me) Hmmmm!
That's because your number was based out of Brockton (like Pepper said). I'm going to guess it was either 508-326-xxxx or 774-259-xxxx. Those were the more popular Brockton exchanges Sprint owned whem I worked there.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I just tried turning off GPS location services, leaving only network location services. Amazingly, it still pinpoints my location exactly, although with a larger margin of error circle that covers my whole yard. It must be using triangulation.
That's WiFi mapping. If you're in an area where your phone gets pinged off multiple routers at once it can paint a very accurate picture.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Also, for getting location hits that aren't where you are but are some place you were it could just be showing a last known position. All depends on the phone after its last good connection. Do you work in Cambridge? Do you have your phone set to WiFi only for data and your location services off? Then apple and Google will have no idea where you are because they can't use network data for triangulation (only the carrier has access to that), and will only show tour last known position.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cambridge is 40 miles from my home........
But is Cambridge 40 miles from wherever your cable or cell phone provider has their ip address geolocations recorded?

(that's a wag - not really certain how the phones geolocate for phone finder apps - choices are gps, tower triangulation and geolocate by ip address)

Top Bottom