• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Missing Fitchburg Man's LTC Suspended

SFC13557

NES Member
HUH? So they can suspend your LTC because someone reports you MIA?

"Freeman was last seen the evening of Jan. 19 on foot near Arlington Street in Fitchburg. The missing man may have taken a shared ride to the Amherst, Belchertown or Gardner areas, and he may have a firearm with him, according to a statement from state police.
At the time Freeman went missing, he had a license to carry firearms. However, his license has since been suspended, state police noted in the statement.
Freeman weighs roughly 210 pounds, is 5 feet 11 inches tall and has black hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray winter jacket, jeans, a black hat and gray boots, according to the statement."

How so?
So if I decide to pack my tent, sleeping bag and camping gear and head to NH to live in the woods for a month the State can suspend my LTC if someone I know reports me missing?
I think my sarcasm was less than obvious. [laugh]

But to your scenario, yes, absolutely. If you go that far off grid, you're obviously up to something. Can not ever be too safe.

Seems legit to me.
Black-Girl-Wat.jpg

I don’t know what the legal criteria is for what circumstances your ltc can be suspended, but, I imagine they did it so that his license can’t be used by someone else to obtain a firearm or ammunition? They likely think that he was killed and robbed?

I don’t know what the legal criteria is for what circumstances your ltc can be suspended, but, I imagine they did it so that his license can’t be used by someone else to obtain a firearm or ammunition? They likely think that he was killed and robbed?
HMM, I don't know. LTC has picture and any FFL not knowing you would check picture and you still need PIN.
I would like to know what statute the COP or State used to suspend his license since no mention of foul play nor mental illness.

Um....unless it's his twin, the picture will be a give-away. [rolleyes]

I've been "carded" for ammo purchases, but the LTC is never vetted beyond making sure the date is OK.

Yeah, there is something the cops know and aren't saying.

"he had a license to carry firearms. However, his license has since been suspended"

The way I read this maybe it was suspended for some other reason shortly before he went missing. Or maybe after he went missing they looked into some recent history and found a reason to suspend it.
It says “at the time Freeman went missing, he had a LTC”

Being missing is not a crime by itself. How you go missing could be a crime.

Would be crazy for them to charge him with firearms related charges for being missing. (If he is found alive)

"he had a license to carry firearms. However, his license has since been suspended"

The way I read this maybe it was suspended for some other reason shortly before he went missing. Or maybe after he went missing they looked into some recent history and found a reason to suspend it.
Sh*tty reporting and even sh*ttier writing. They only had a month to call and interview people to get the story straight and ask follow up questions. Reporting is hard when Blackrock doesn’t write the story for you.

It says “at the time Freeman went missing, he had a LTC”

Being missing is not a crime by itself. How you go missing could be a crime.

Would be crazy for them to charge him with firearms related charges for being missing. (If he is found alive)
Again....... Maybe during the missing person investigation they found something that disqualified him.

I really think there is more to this story than they are telling us.

I heard that everything was illegal in Massachusetts, but I didn't know disappearing was illegal, even in Massachusetts. Now that I'm retired, I was planning on taking a long road trip, who knows when I'll be back. So, I guess I'll have to tell everyone I know when I'm leaving, where I'm going, and when I'm planning to return home. If I didn't live in Massachusetts, I would never believe a story like this.

Maybe they will contend that he has gone beyond the time to notify them of a change of address? Quite lame but a judge might find some logic in that.

Maybe they will contend that he has gone beyond the time to notify them of a change of address? Quite lame but a judge might find some logic in that.
Well, it's now over 30 days. If, in fact, there is additional evidence that he has abandoned his home address permanently, that could be their logic.

Again....... Maybe during the missing person investigation they found something that disqualified him.

I really think there is more to this story than they are telling us.
Well, yes, obviously.

The question is - why? Because the reporter is terrible, or because the cops are not forthcoming with information, or because [tinfoil]?

Back
Top Bottom