• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Missed Connections

To the young man on Shawmut Ave in Boston wearing khakis and an ACU fleece, open carrying what looked like a 1911, I applaud you. Well played.

Last week I saw a dude in a gray hoodie and khakis walking through Prudential Center OC'ing a Glock in a Serpa holster. No f***s were given by anyone.

I suspect that the average Boston person that sees someone OCing would probably think it's a cop because of the rarity of the event. No?

Bingo! I think we have a winner. This is prolly why no F's were given.

Maybe maybe not. One of my coworkers got "swatted" either out of maliciousness or stupidity and other than our uniforms are black not blue, hard to tell the difference between us and BPD. To the average person anyways.

I once saw a guy at a deli in Boston - black khakis, black tshirt, OCing a Glock. No one seemed to even notice.

My gun racks in my truck haven't seen a long gun in quite some time. But it does hold my 2 piece spinning rods all spring , summer, and fall.

Not illegal, but the cops that show up will pretend that it is.

Legal but not generally advised in MA bc if you scare the sheep your issuing authority could decide that you have bad judgment and therefore are unsuitable.

And then your police chief will decide you are "unsuitable" and you'll loose your LTC.

You guys really need to stop spreading this shit. It's wrong and outdated. The in-service training most cops are receiving now is very clear on the issue of open carry. Legally they don't have the authority to do much more than demand to see your license. Sure, for some cops their training goes in one ear and out the other. But that's not the rule.

Also, you cannot be labeled unsuitable for doing EXACTLY what your license permits you to do. The SJC has (surprisingly) been very clear on this topic as well.

You guys really need to stop spreading this shit. It's wrong and outdated. The in-service training most cops are receiving now is very clear on the issue of open carry. Legally they don't have the authority to do much more than demand to see your license. Sure, for some cops their training goes in one ear and out the other. But that's not the rule.

Also, you cannot be labeled unsuitable for doing EXACTLY what your license permits you to do. The SJC has (surprisingly) been very clear on this topic as well.
If I'm not mistaken, there have been no cases to put this to the test, right? That is, someone getting arrested and/or losing their license over nothing but OC.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been no cases to put this to the test, right? That is, someone getting arrested and/or losing their license over nothing but OC.
There have also been no cases of someone being arrested or going to jail for ****ing a camel in MA.

Stop looking at my camel like that!

There have also been no cases of someone being arrested or going to jail for ****ing a camel in MA.

Stop looking at my camel like that!
While I understand and agree with KD's point, I wouldn't want to be the test case because at the very least that would involve time and money.

While I understand and agree with KD's point, I wouldn't want to be the test case because at the very least that would involve time and money.
Isn't this precisely why local gun shops don't carry Glocks?
And why online ammo sellers don't ship to MA?

No one wants to be the test case, even if they "win"...

I don't OC.

Not because I'm afraid I'll be deemed unsuitable, but because I live in a state that sent out SWAT teams for a guy carrying a f-ing umbrella.

I don't want to be in a situation where one cop is screaming at me not to move, while another is yelling "GET ON THE GROUND", and I end up getting shot at by the one I disobey.

ETA:

To anybody that thinks what I described above can't happen, these are the guys that will be shouting the orders:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom