Miracle and second chances

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Woke up at 11:22 last night having a heart attack. My wife took me to the hospital. Around 12:30 I died. Came back on the third resuscitation attempt. Transferred to Fall River ICU. Underwent an hour procedure, conscious, when they put a stent in my left ventricle for a blocked artery. I’m here for a couple days at least.

Not sure why I woke up in time, or told my wife to take me to the hospital. Not sure why I have a second chance. I guess I have to find the reason.

All I know is I got to tell my wife I love her once more, and that I’ll be able to see my “beeps” again.

Tim
9FB9A4BA-2DB7-4454-AFFF-A881FCF70C26.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad you are OK!!! Left ventricular artery- that's the widow maker, right? That one's normally a switch that only flips 'off'. Whether you are a man of faith or not, there are things we don't understand that make life or death differences. Very glad you were on the good side of that. Take care, T.

Wow, glad you made it through! Apparenlty your number was not up yet. Similar situation happened to my Dad about 6 years ago and his ticker is still ticking (with a little help that is).

Reminds me of Psalm 139:16
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Great job noticing the signs and going to the hospital. The fact that you woke up noticed the symptoms and went to the hospital absolutely saved your life. I have been to a few calls where we could not save someone and the spouse confirmed the symtons had started hours earlier but the patient did not want to "bother anyone" or thought it was just muscle pain.
You are a good man and I am glad you are still here.

So glad you're still above dirt!

Great job not doing "the stupid guy thing" and deciding to just tough it out! The will to live is strong with you.

Maybe your reason for an extended lease is to educate some of us who might not be so smart in the same situation [thumbsup]

As I came back I remember moving through a white hall with a white pattern linoleum floor. Actually I was in bed. For some reason the fact that it was linoleum was important...couldn’t they afford marble?

As for coming back....
1. Our kitchen and bath are On for the demolition TH
2. I haven’t shot the byf43
3. Teach the critter (son) how to drive. Already taught him so shave
4. See the Patriots get #6
5. I have a ticket to “they shall not grow old” on the 21st
6. NES life member for more than 3 months

t

Last edited:
Holy hell. Welcome back, but we're unfortunately going to have to pull your life member status. You'll need to buy in again for this next go round.

As I came back I remember moving through a white hall with a white pattern linoleum floor. Actually I was in bed. For some reason the fact that it was linoleum was important...couldn’t they afford marble?

Fascinating stuff. Anything else?

My wife has arrived and read this. She got a little emotional. She corrected my post in that I had to be zapped 3 times.

Holly has postponed the renovation by a month. She does not want me going outside to a port-a-potty.
t

Last edited:
It's better to be six feet above ground than six feet under.... good luck and listen to your doctors!

Wow, very glad that you made it. Follow doctors orders and I hope you still have a long and fruitful life ahead of you.

Great job noticing the signs and going to the hospital. The fact that you woke up noticed the symptoms and went to the hospital absolutely saved your life. I have been to a few calls where we could not save someone and the spouse confirmed the symtons had started hours earlier but the patient did not want to "bother anyone" or thought it was just muscle pain.
You are a good man and I am glad you are still here.
Yes, a friend of my Father's told me after my Father died of a heart attack, that my Father was having pains for a week or so but was "done with doctors" so did nothing. I had a good phone conversation with him that evening (we had just returned home from a weekend away) and then got a call from a neighbor 45 minutes later that my Father had a heart attack and was on the way to a hospital. Too late, I'm afraid. Miss him every day!

Apparently God has some reason for keeping you around. Glad to hear it!

Guess it's a bad time to buy you a drink. How about some .32ACP to your health?

Incredible! Great to hear you pulled through that. What I really can't get over is that you are posting on NES 7 hours later. Seriously, aren't there more important things to do, like rest and recuperate?????

Holy smokes. Life can change on a dime.

I’m so glad to hear that you woke up and knew what was going on so that you could get to the hospital and get the treatment you needed.

Hopefully you will have a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Bob

I will echo the sentiments of others and say that I am very glad you pulled through and best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery, and many fruitful years ahead.

Back
Top Bottom