• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Minuteman Project

Their doing a helluva job! And it's not just illegal Mexicans that their stopping either. Many Brazilians come via the Mexican border.
Someone was saying yesterday, that they heard of an effort that may be started in Vermont. I remember reading an article a few years back that many illegal Asians come in via our northern border.
As a side note, I found a list that shows 7 Minutemen are from the great state of Massachusetts!

You bring up a valid point, Tony. But 7 of our citizens risked being vilified by actually practicing what our forefathers died for. Don't forget, Massachusetts is where this country began and it's herritage alone still makes it "Great" in my eyes. We're just stuck with a bunch of anal libs that refuse accept what our history is.
"Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

JonJ said:
You bring up a valid point, Tony. But 7 of our citizens risked being vilified by actually practicing what our forefathers died for. Don't forget, Massachusetts is where this country began and it's herritage alone still makes it "Great" in my eyes. We're just stuck with a bunch of anal libs that refuse accept what our history is.
"Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

You are so very right.

They are indeed doing a great job even despite the people who think they are "just a bunch of dumb rednecks who hate mexicans". Don't forget though that the real problem at the borders is not the mexicans, asains or brazillians coming into the US to make a better life for themselves. It is the fact that ANYONE can get in to the country the same way for other reasons. This includes, and most importantly, TERRORISTS! We make it easy for people to get across and we will have a new 911 the likes of which, with the way the world is now, will tragically overshadow what happened just a few years ago.

Ofcourse they're doing a great job - they're patriotic Americans. :) And you won't hear any positive feed back from the media about them because they're being responsible citizens. We're supposed to feel sorry for the victims - you know - those SOB's who are trying to come in here illegally.

And as far as MA goes...our forefathers are turning over in their graves and have been since the libs struck pay dirt here. I hear John Adams crying every night, and Sam's cursing up a storm.

I think I'm gonna like it here on this board. I finally get to hear from the Mass crowd that Didn't vote for kerry.

edited for spelling error.....Guess I will use the preview button next time. [idea]

Vince said:
I think I'm gonna like it here on this board. I finally get to hear from the Mass crowd that Didn't vote for kerry.

edited for spelling error.....Guess I will use the preview button next time. [idea]

You mean you WERE hanging around with Kerry voters before you came here [?] [!] :?

Jon,
I have the displeasure of working with about 5 or 6 of his biggest fans. I have also been living for the past three years in commiefornia. I cant step outside the house without hearing something about him being great and Bush being bad. When I wear shooting, gun related or W shirts I get the constant bombardment of filthy hippies telling me that I am a killer or a war monger and people like me should not be allowed to walk the street. I don't even go out any more cause I have a big mouth and love to tell people what I think, usually followed by "I F****** hate hippies (liberals, tree huggers, etc.)"
So it has not been by choice to hang around them, just by unfortunate circumstance to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Vince

Vince said:
Jon,
I have the displeasure of working with about 5 or 6 of his biggest fans. I have also been living for the past three years in commiefornia. I cant step outside the house without hearing something about him being great and Bush being bad. When I wear shooting, gun related or W shirts I get the constant bombardment of filthy hippies telling me that I am a killer or a war monger and people like me should not be allowed to walk the street. I don't even go out any more cause I have a big mouth and love to tell people what I think, usually followed by "I F****** hate hippies (liberals, tree huggers, etc.)"
So it has not been by choice to hang around them, just by unfortunate circumstance to always be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Vince

I like this guy already. :D

derek said:
Vince said:
Jon,

Vince

I like this guy already. :D

Ditto!! :D Vince - be prepared - there's a $hitload in this state who would kiss John "they weren't my medals" Kerry's backside, but, when that happens, this is your haven to come to for some sanity. ...have I mentioned lately that I hate this state?? [cry]

I hope I don't get blacklisted for disliking Bush. Then again, I disliked Kerry as well. As far as I'm concerned the majority of so-called "representatives" in our government do not represent the people particularly well, nor can many of them claim to truly represent the ideals of their own parties. The Minuteman Project's statement of purpose resonates with my views of government today: "Americans doing the jobs our Government won't do."

YogSothoth said:
I hope I don't get blacklisted for disliking Bush. Then again, I disliked Kerry as well. As far as I'm concerned the majority of so-called "representatives" in our government do not represent the people particularly well, nor can many of them claim to truly represent the ideals of their own parties. The Minuteman Project's statement of purpose resonates with my views of government today: "Americans doing the jobs our Government won't do."

That's what they were trying to do, expose the problem that the goverment won't address with it borders.

And I think they made their point. Now hopefully the .gov will add more Lamigra to the borders.

Vince said:
Jon,

Vince
I feel for you Vince! Must have sucked but I bet you had some fun at times.
For a week in July, I head security for one of the biggest Folk Music Fests in the country. You want to talk about Libs? Oiy!!!! But I do have a blast! Even though I bite my tongue most of the time.
Jon

YogSothoth said:
As far as I'm concerned the majority of so-called "representatives" in our government do not represent the people particularly well, nor can many of them claim to truly represent the ideals of their own parties. The Minuteman Project's statement of purpose resonates with my views of government today: "Americans doing the jobs our Government won't do."

A perfect case in point is all the talk about the death penalty in Mass (or lack thereof). In the last referendum, 70% of the PEOPLE voted to reinstitute. But those who are elected by the people to represent the people didn't see it that way. They don't represent the people, they resent the people. We are treated like children who don't know what's best for themselves. They think they know better. BULLSH*T!

Back
Top Bottom