Minuteman Armory (Templeton) Ceasing Retail Operations

my one trip out there I met morgan and made some purchases. he was a very cool guy bummer to hear he sold the shop and it's now closing.

Next town over in Gardner, is a recently “under new management” Match Shot Firearms. I went there once, before the new owner-huge dump. Hoping to check it out now that the new guy has taken it over.

If you have issues with Match Shot, please PM me. I know the owner’s son in law. They want to help us, but they are gonna be pretty much by the book.

Only visited once or twice but was impressed by the facility and the staff.

Good luck in your new venture(s).

That sucks. I've been wanting to make the trek out there too to visit the shop , spend some cash, and visit Wachusett beer again.

If you have issues with Match Shot, please PM me. I know the owner’s son in law. They want to help us, but they are gonna be pretty much by the book.
Do they sell nice target / competition guns, or is it just the name?

Around our house we hold Morgan and Alex in great regard. I have been a customer since their beginning and they are terrific guys who always seemed to be having fun at what they liked, guns. I will be sorry to see them close but of course wish them piece of mind if it is what they need.

My wife wishes them the best as well, they provided a shop where she could go on her own and be treated without condescension and come away with a fair deal. They were in fact serious about empowering women as gun owners and I know they hosted at least one MWGO event.

Basically I think their business model was “don’t be a dick”, and it worked.

🐯

Sorry to hear....it was one of the better shops around, and there's not many in Central MA. I'm not surprised though.

Retail firearms sales is nightmare around here, North Central MA is the utter Spags mentality of skinflints. Add to that internet sales and guys around here would rather drive to Woburn to say they saved 50 bucks. Its nearly impossible to make money and have overhead at the same time here, unless your doing bottom dollar pricing and large volume, which doesn't happen here because people east of 128 don't know Central Ma exists.

Add to that your not a far drive of Wal Mart in Rindge, NH and Pelletiers in Jaffrey which sell long guns tax free.

Last edited:

They definately cleaned this shop up for sure. I wish them luck. I stop there on occasion and buy some ammo. Haven't seen a gun in there yet that peaks my interest, but I keep them in mind.

Cool place. Pretty sure they had an NES group buy a few years back on Hi-Point carbines and I cashed in. Sorry to see them go.

They definately cleaned this shop up for sure. I wish them luck. I stop there on occasion and buy some ammo. Haven't seen a gun in there yet that peaks my interest, but I keep them in mind.
Don’t be afraid to ask him to order or what he will transfer. He’s gonna resist anything off roster

Sorry to see them go. Good shop. Still have one their shirts.

zPH7amx.jpg

This blows. I totally get the retail gun shop difficulty’s in MA.

They had started the Hola Dolor back in the day before opening. Was a two time (loser?) contestant when they had them.

If they gave some notice, I would have come by and to pick up something and show my support. Looking forward to seeing what they do next!

Basically I think their business model was “don’t be a dick”, and it worked.

🐯

So much truth to this. I had spent 90 minutes in a car to make a purchase one day, well worth it. Prior to the sale, I can’t count the numerous times Alex helped me out over the phone to answer countless questions. Greeted me with a smile, and a firm handshake when I met him directly. The sale was flawless. The atmosphere at this shop is like nothing else.

Really want to thank the entire shop and those who made it happen. Curious to see what is next.

Also want to add... popped over to MMA website, just for a last look before its officially gone.

So refreshing to see, an industry site in MA from the (ahem) modern era, quite reflective of the storefront shop. Clean, simple and intuitive, inviting and honest. Shops out there could take a page out of the MMA playbook.

Back
Top Bottom