• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Minneapolis Residents Form Militias

Reptile

NES Member
“Minneapolis residents in some areas still recovering from rioting and unrest are forming community watch and security groups, some bearing firearms, to fight a surge of crime,” reports the Wall Street Journal.

While no one can blame the residents — in fact they should be applauded for doing what it takes to protect their own – this is, in ways I’ll explain below, not good. It is, however, a sign of things to come in countless Democrat-run cities:

Over under on how long it takes the leftist media to call the militias "right wing extremists" ... I'll take 16 hours.

I would like to see militias form in all states. Non-governmental militias. The Constitution recommends this.
I agree, but a huge amount of due diligence would be necessary to keep out the neo-Nazis, skinheads, Klan factions, ex-cons and screwballs with Rambo fantasies.

Daily Wire: Armed Minneapolis Residents Are Patrolling Their Own Neighborhoods As City Moves To Defund Police
(Hat tip: Stephen "Vodkapundit" Green on Instapundit)
“We have long supported neighborhood patrols. All laws must be obeyed by those engaging in these patrols,” Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder told WSJ. “We have been clear these are in supplement to the police department and not as a substitute.”​

Note how Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder runs his mouth
as if Minnesotans saddled up on private anti-crime patrols
thirst after his opinion.

Daily Wire: Armed Minneapolis Residents Are Patrolling Their Own Neighborhoods As City Moves To Defund Police
(Hat tip: Stephen "Vodkapundit" Green on Instapundit)
“We have long supported neighborhood patrols. All laws must be obeyed by those engaging in these patrols,” Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder told WSJ. “We have been clear these are in supplement to the police department and not as a substitute.”​

Note how Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder runs his mouth
as if Minnesotans saddled up on private anti-crime patrols
thirst after his opinion.

Shouldn't he be somewhere "Standing down "?

I agree, but a huge amount of due diligence would be necessary to keep out the neo-Nazis, skinheads, Klan factions, ex-cons and screwballs with Rambo fantasies.

Yes. That's true. Perhaps a test? A training? References? I believe it's not insurmountable. If a committee was put together to brainstorm possible pitfalls, we could probably come up with a common strategy that could be deployed to all states. Maybe one already exists? Like a template to follow when forming local militia organizations? We're probably not the first people to think about this type of stuff.

Yes. That's true. Perhaps a test? A training? References? I believe it's not insurmountable. If a committee was put together to brainstorm possible pitfalls, we could probably come up with a common strategy that could be deployed to all states. Maybe one already exists? Like a template to follow when forming local militia organizations? We're probably not the first people to think about this type of stuff.
East-LA based Mongols MC, Hells Angels and Bandidos MC all had attorneys and private investigators checking out "prospects", but they still got infiltrated by FBI and ATF federal agents. Keep it strictly family and a very few close friends to be completely safe. Can't trust strangers.

Back
Top Bottom