Minneapolis Mayoral Candidate Proposes Police Officers Leave Their Guns in their cars

How about if we give him a uniform and turn him loose on the streets of Minneapolis to enforce the law? Without a firearm.

When I was growing up, there was an expression, "We'll see what happens when the rubber hits the road". It went hand in hand with "money talks, bullsht walks" - and many a loud talker was stopped when met with "wanna race for pink slips?".

This ahole has NO idea what it's like to deal with people who are used to dealing with violence. Yeah, just wait right there while I go retrieve my firearm. Oh, while I was inside this shthole of a tenement, somebody broke into my car and took it -- oopsie.

Dumbass.

If I was one of his officers I just wouldn't leave my car![rofl]

So much fail in people that should be intelligent!

This is going to end really well.

"excuse me Mr misunderstood criminal, would you mind not pulling the trigger and waiting while I go get my gun from the car"

I think making an example out of Justine Diamond's murder would be sufficient. Hang Mohamed Noor and the rest will get the idea - don't go around murdering unarmed yoga instructors in their PJ's. And then don't disable your body camera to hide your crime. But since the police basically police themselves (IA is a joke) and their already circling the wagons - then something more must be done.

Last edited:
I think making an example out of Justine Diamond's murder would be sufficient. Hang Mohamed Noor and the rest will get the idea - don't go around murdering unarmed yoga instructors in their PJ's. And then don't disable your body camera to hide your crime. But since the police basically police themselves (IA is a joke) and their already circling the wagons - then something more must be done.

You don't burn the garden down to kill the weeds.
We've become lazy , and inept as a society.
You find leaders who will either do the weeding or you get rid of them and find someone who will.
I feel so bad for the guys who try and do the job and are saddled with these a-holes.
But then again if the good guys don't band together and run these mutts out , then they have to take their fair share of the blame.
This is from the father of a kid who starts collage in the fall for criminal justice and wants nothing more than to be a LEO to help people.
I worry sometimes.

Great idea! Maybe we can apply this to other services too, like our firefighters, for instance. They should leave the hoses in the station, and just blow really hard on a fire, unless they really need them. The USAF can leave the MOABs at base and drop leaflets. The marines can store their M4s during battle and use whistles and billy clubs until absolutely necessary!

Maybe we'll go to England's model?

halt-or-i-shall-simulate-gunfire.jpg

Guns left in car = Dead cops.
The #1 killer of police isn't citizens shooting them.

It's actually car accidents, and cops never wear seatbelts.

In fact, law enforcement isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous occupations. Cell phone tower tech, garbage man, electrician, all more dangerous than LE.

The #1 killer of police isn't citizens shooting them.

It's actually car accidents, and cops never wear seatbelts.

In fact, law enforcement isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous occupations. Cell phone tower tech, garbage man, electrician, all more dangerous than LE.
But none of those are "heroes" deserving of worship and adulation by the masses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is a good start. Police prove on a daily basis that they are not able to protect the public from scared, easily startled, militant trigger happy officers. No officer that is on routine patrol (not responding to a specific call involving violence) should have immediate access to a firearm until all police are held to the same legal ramifications as other civilians are.

Back
Top Bottom