Miniseries about Waco on Paramount

amm5061

NES Member
Anyone else catch this last night? Supposed to be part 1 of 6.

It didn't seem too terrible. They definitely left out a lot from Ruby Ridge but still made the FBI out to be a bunch of incompetent twats out for blood.

I have it on the DVR. I’m glad to hear it’s looking good so far .
I was worried it was going to be like most of the PC crap shows.

So you are saying it was an accurate portrayal?

More accurate than I was expecting. They are going with the FBI's "we didn't know Vicki was dead" narrative, though.

saw previews but wasn't going to watch as I assumed they'd just make the FBI and ATF look like heroes. Maybe I'll reconsider.

That's what I was figuring would happen, but so far not so much. They're also portraying the ATF as targeting the Branch Davidians to try and save their funding and justify their existence after the FBI blamed the entire Ruby Ridge f***up on them. "Oh look, these guys have some shit we don't think they should have, let's f*** them up so we can justify our existence to congress."

I'm getting tired of these things. The OJ one, I could only take 2 episodes. I liked the Elizabeth Smart one in part because she was in it. Koresh was a looney. The FBI dropped the ball multiple times on that one. It was a cluster-bleep.

Of course the funniest thing I remember from the whole thing was ABC saying after the disastrous end that they could have just walled them all in and left them as prisoners in their own compound. LOL I think it was a whole segment on 20/20. The MSM was stupid even back then.

I'm getting tired of these things. The OJ one, I could only take 2 episodes. I liked the Elizabeth Smart one in part because she was in it. Koresh was a looney. The FBI dropped the ball multiple times on that one. It was a cluster-bleep.

Of course the funniest thing I remember from the whole thing was ABC saying after the disastrous end that they could have just walled them all in and left them as prisoners in their own compound. LOL I think it was a whole segment on 20/20. The MSM was stupid even back then.

That was the running joke at the time, why not just put a fence around the compound and call it jail!

Impressive.
I figured they would portray the FBI as heroes. I heard a bunch or Waco LEO's got Arkancided.

Call me a conspiracy theorist...

But the timing of this airing makes me wonder if it is prelude to a massive take down of a rogue agency.

And this is a reminder to those that did not live through it of when these agencies went completely off the rails.

And this is a reminder to those that did not live through it of when these agencies went completely off the rails.
The FBI was always off the rails, ever since J. Edgar Hoover created them as his secret political police. Their public image has always been just as fake as Hoover's was, until he was finally outed.

I agree. I expected more ATF/FBI ass kissing. So far they've been made out to be cold blooded murderers. Absolutely not what I was expecting.

So far it's pretty good, they outed the whole thing as a calculated PR mission to make the ATF look better from the Ruby Ridge disaster. They definately made the ATF/FBI look like a bunch of militant a**h***s who started the whole thing.

Like Comey said...."we are not weasels....please don't call us weasels"

After last night they sure all look like a bunch of fxcking weasels.

Watching it and loving it. I have to admit though it gets me really pissed off.... What the government did to those people.. Episode 1 focused on Ruby Ridge which also pisses me off every time I think about it... But I'm glad the story is being told... People need to see what their government is capable of.... what it did. They need to know that all the people who lost their lives at OK City were a result of what the government did at Ruby Ridge and Waco... McVeigh made it clear when he was interviewed - he wanted the Feds to pay a price... women, children in the day care... Doesn't matter... When the Feds spill the blood of the innocent, they will pay a heavy price when men respond in kind.

I just finished the third episode. I'm glad they're showing warts and all about everyone and every group involved.

Well, except the ATF... they're just warts, nothing else. Accurately portrayed as such, too.

My former neighbor was a Texas DPS trooper who spent several weeks there, before the fire and after. He was the first one to set foot on the rubble once it was cool enough. He saw the doors in person (before they mysteriously disappeared), and swore all the bullet holes were from the outside, not inside. The show got that part right.

Coy also had nothing but anger at both ATF and FBI over the whole thing. He could get really wound up about how they used armored vehicles to run over and destroy the remains of the building.

This video is about 2 hours long and worth every minute of your time. I highly suggest you watch this first. It completely changed my view of the entire event.

That is disgusting to watch, I was a kid when that happened and didn't really start to realize what it was until years later but just wow. Seeing it put together like that just is infuriating to see the facts of what happened.

Great video! Disgusting to see all those lying cops. Even better was the Dems bending over backwards to cover it up. Schumer really comes off especially douchey.

That's putting it mildly, it's like he has an agenda (and still does) or something...

I just finished the third episode. I'm glad they're showing warts and all about everyone and every group involved.

Well, except the ATF... they're just warts, nothing else. Accurately portrayed as such, too.

My former neighbor was a Texas DPS trooper who spent several weeks there, before the fire and after. He was the first one to set foot on the rubble once it was cool enough. He saw the doors in person (before they mysteriously disappeared), and swore all the bullet holes were from the outside, not inside. The show got that part right.

Coy also had nothing but anger at both ATF and FBI over the whole thing. He could get really wound up about how they used armored vehicles to run over and destroy the remains of the building.
Great mini series definitely worth the watch. Interesting to hear that your former neighbor's statements to you lined up with the show's portrayal of events. I was wondering how much of the show's events were accurate depictions.

Watching it and loving it. I have to admit though it gets me really pissed off.... What the government did to those people.. Episode 1 focused on Ruby Ridge which also pisses me off every time I think about it... But I'm glad the story is being told... People need to see what their government is capable of.... what it did. They need to know that all the people who lost their lives at OK City were a result of what the government did at Ruby Ridge and Waco... McVeigh made it clear when he was interviewed - he wanted the Feds to pay a price... women, children in the day care... Doesn't matter... When the Feds spill the blood of the innocent, they will pay a heavy price when men respond in kind.
All of this was completely unnecessary. These people were living out in the middle of nowhere, harming nobody.

I don't see them going after the gangs in $hitcago or Baltimore with that amount of force (tanks and armored vehicles)! Just makes you scratch your head and wonder.

The only thing that I can come away with is that the Feds play for keeps and if you do anything to thumb your nose at them or piss them off, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Bundy Ranch, and Malheur are all proof positive of this.

You had all of the Occupoopers forcibly taking public land and camping out there for months with no govt permission slip and the govt came in and offered them free food and comfort. Couple of guys occupy an abandoned wildlife refuge in the middle of nowhere with, as it turns out, more undercover Feds than anything else, and they got hauled off to jail and one of them gets murdered for daring to have a conversation with a local sheriff. Again, makes you wonder...

All of this was completely unnecessary. These people were living out in the middle of nowhere, harming nobody.

I don't see them going after the gangs in $hitcago or Baltimore with that amount of force (tanks and armored vehicles)! Just makes you scratch your head and wonder.

The only thing that I can come away with is that the Feds play for keeps and if you do anything to thumb your nose at them or piss them off, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Ruby Ridge, Waco, Bundy Ranch, and Malheur are all proof positive of this.

You had all of the Occupoopers forcibly taking public land and camping out there for months with no govt permission slip and the govt came in and offered them free food and comfort. Couple of guys occupy an abandoned wildlife refuge in the middle of nowhere with, as it turns out, more undercover Feds than anything else, and they got hauled off to jail and one of them gets murdered for daring to have a conversation with a local sheriff. Again, makes you wonder...

When the Bundy Ranch siege started my first thoughts went back to Waco and Ruby Ridge. I was pretty sure that was going to end the same way. Thank god I was wrong there.

I never got around to watching it. Who did they blame the fire on?

I recall the FBI (I think) recreating the FLIR video to see if officers were firing from the exterior during the final siege. Turned out they weren't. FLIR was picking up light flashes from trash in the area. I recall WANTING to find out the FBI/ATF were shooting the hell out of the place.

It was a S-show from word GO. Both sides. No question that the ATF bungled it, but Koresh was crazy besides.

The only problem with that is flir picks up heat, like muzzle blasts, not changes in lighting.

Back
Top Bottom