minininjer classic movies to watch while recuperating MINITHREAD

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't hate me but I sat through "Overboard" with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn and it was a good comedy. I'd watch it again. (past girlfriend made me watch it)

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[smile]

(When I was in school and the treasurer of a certain campus organization - and thus got to choose the Christmas party movie - we rented and projected this in 35mm.)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added some:

All:
James Bond
Clint Eastwood
Steve McQueen
John Wayne

Smokey and the Bandit
Bridge Over the River Kwai
Schindler's List
The Longest Day
Where Eagles Dare
Seven Samurai
Magnificent Seven
Dirty Dozen
Robin Hood Errol Flynn
Ocean's 11
Westworld
To Live and Die In L.A.
Andromeda Strain
Thin Red Line
Fight Club
The Mechanic
Syriana
Unbreakable
The Four Feathers
Beau Geste
Last of the Mohicans
Northwest Passage
Man In the Iron Mask
Sound of Music
Patriot
Above the Law
Marked For Death
Hard to Kill
Death Wish
Blood Sport

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh my.......... I forgot that we had this Google Docs. I just went in and updated some stuff that I've seen since making it [laugh]

Here's the link to the doc again: Classic movies for minininjer to watch

It's editable if you wanna add something.
Seems like you've barely made a dent in this list. I thnk most people could have got through about half that during the 2020 lock down alone. :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great idea, here's four not on the list:
Stakeout - both a good cop movie and very funny
Outland - great Sean Connery movie - it's sci-fi but gritty like Alien rather than like Star Trek.
Ronin - great action, scenery, car chases, great acting, some hate it cause you never find out what's in the case
The Final Countdown - awesome movie about a Nimitz carrier going back in time to WWII. They really need to remake it so they can have a big battle scene.
Outland is a really underated Sci-Fi movie. Kind of a Western that takes place in outer space. I remember seeing this in the movie theater back when it first came out. It was released at the same time as Raiders of The Lost Arc and the movie theater in my town offered a double feature to see this movie & Raiders for the price of one ticket, this is the only time I've ever seen this happen in my life time. It's one of a handful of great movie moments I remember and will never forget from my childhood.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just noticed there is a real shortage of Horror type flicks on this list. I just watched 'The Thing' recently. I haven't watched that movie in probably 20 years and it's still really good! The special effects were cutting edge back in the day and yes they are dated by todays standards but they don't come off as cheesy or campy. I actually prefer some of those old movie tricks to todays methods of 'just CGI everything'. I've added this to the list. Every John Carpenter movie should be on this list but I haven't bothered to see which ones other than this one are missing.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just noticed there is a real shortage of Horror type flicks on this list. I just watched 'The Thing' recently. I haven't watched that movie in probably 20 years and it's still really good! The special effects were cutting edge back in the day and yes they are dated by todays standards but they don't come off as cheesy or campy. I actually prefer some of those old movie tricks to todays methods of 'just CGI everything'. I've added this to the list. Every John Carpenter movie should be on this list but I haven't bothered to see which ones other than this one are missing.
Classic 80s horror movies:

The Thing, Alien, Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elm St, The Shining, The Fly

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have absolutely seen Nightmare on Elm St and I was way too young for it at the time. Oh, and Leprechaun too!
When I was very young, I was baby-sat by my grandmother, which meant, for all intents and purposes, by my young aunts. (Young meaning early to mid teens while I was fiveish.)

Movie treats:
- Woody Allen's Sleeper
- Logan's Run
- Food of the Gods

When you're small single-digits, these are the things of nightmares (and they were).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scary?
Amityville Horror
Jaws (fake scary, sort of)
The Ring
Burnt Offerings
The Shining
The Stand
The Road
The Birds
Bram Stroker's Dracula
Frankenstein (the original)
Abbot & Costello meet Werewolf/Mummy/Frankenstein/Whatever for fun.

Top Bottom