minininjer classic movies to watch while recuperating MINITHREAD

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
And "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hower.
Kurt Russell was in a flick where he took a girl for a joy ride, I forget the name at the moment. Good B movie.

Laderbuilt

NES Member
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
And "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hower.
Kurt Russell was in a flick where he took a girl for a joy ride, I forget the name at the moment. Good B movie.
I think your talking about Death Proof. It was by Quinten Tarantino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UHF wasn't a movie I thought I would like since it was "old". When I did finally watch it, I was found rolling on the floor laughing with tears coming out of my eyes and with a belly ache[laugh]
wish weird al would make another full length movie...he has the knack

Badger! Badgers! We don't need no stinkin badgers!

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, got my Google Doc sheet updated with all of the movies y'all suggested so far. I'll continue to add the missing info as I have time.

The document is editable by anyone with this link (don't make me regret it [grin]) .

The stuff that I've marked as "watched" with a check mark means... I've either watched it because it's on the list or have watched it in the past. There are some movies on there that I saw a billion years ago and could watch it now as a refresher since I don't recall what it was even about... those are left unmarked.

Links to the IMDB pages are in the title cell

Please do continue to recommend stuff in this thread so others can see it. Since the doc is mostly just for me, I'll update the Google Doc but you are def welcome to it if you're bored.

Last edited:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh great... ok, I made a duplicate copy of the sheet as of now. Sooo , at least I won't lose everything in case Pipes decides to act a fool in my doc... again lol
It was ONE change. How was I supposed to know you'd waste a day and a half looking for a movie called '61 Candles'???

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It was ONE change. How was I supposed to know you'd waste a day and a half looking for a movie called '61 Candles'???
What I find funny was that I didn't mention anyone by name yet she knew exactly who I was talking about [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What I find funny was that I didn't mention anyone by name yet she knew exactly who I was talking about [emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Well, I actually HAD already made some "edits".

I had 1984 listed as "Reality TV" genre. Someone vandalized it to read "Thriller"

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haven't read the whole thread but hopefully someone recommended Raiders of the Lost Ark. #1 & #3. Skip short-round and monkey brains.
People have recommended Raiders of the Lost Ark. #3 is the Last Crusade, right? I'll add that to the list. But I've seen all the Indiana Jones movies already [smile]

Since Cindy is laid up and can't kick me...https://www.shortoftheweek.com
Damn, Lip... double whammy today... FB and here too? Don't underestimate a ninjer doe. Just because I have one bad leg, doesn't mean I can't use my crutches to balance and push myself off the ground to kick you with my good leg [devil]

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
People have recommended Raiders of the Lost Ark. #3 is the Last Crusade, right? I'll add that to the list. But I've seen all the Indiana Jones movies already [smile]

Damn, Lip... double whammy today... FB and here too? Don't underestimate a ninjer doe. Just because I have one bad leg, doesn't mean I can't use my crutches to balance and push myself off the ground to kick you with my good leg [devil]

Another film to recommend:

[video=youtube_share;5pL6uUYdWbU]http://youtu.be/5pL6uUYdWbU?t=50[/video]

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
... Damn, Lip... double whammy today... FB and here too? Don't underestimate a ninjer doe. Just because I have one bad leg, doesn't mean I can't use my crutches to balance and push myself off the ground to kick you in the shin with my good leg [devil]
FIFY

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great idea, here's four not on the list:
Stakeout - both a good cop movie and very funny
Outland - great Sean Connery movie - it's sci-fi but gritty like Alien rather than like Star Trek.
Ronin - great action, scenery, car chases, great acting, some hate it cause you never find out what's in the case
The Final Countdown - awesome movie about a Nimitz carrier going back in time to WWII. They really need to remake it so they can have a big battle scene.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
She made it read write, so add 'em in!

Can't help but notice she has that rom-com chick flick "Debbie Does Dallas" on there.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great idea, here's four not on the list:
Stakeout - both a good cop movie and very funny
Outland - great Sean Connery movie - it's sci-fi but gritty like Alien rather than like Star Trek.
Ronin - great action, scenery, car chases, great acting, some hate it cause you never find out what's in the case
The Final Countdown - awesome movie about a Nimitz carrier going back in time to WWII. They really need to remake it so they can have a big battle scene.
i just rewatched Outland on cable....it has REALLY held up well. It was filmed in 1981, and it could have been made yesterday...that is how well they did it. A cowboy movie, but in space.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One flew over the cuckoos nest - Nicholson at his best
Planet of the apes (1968) - Possibly the best ending of any movie ever.
The silver streak - the scene where Richard Pryor covers up Gene Wilder with brown shoe polish and tries to teach him to be black is hilarious.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - "Abe Frohman the sausage king of chicago"
Zelig - One of Woody Allen's more obscure films shot newsreel style about a man who can turn into any other person by contact
Zombieland double tap - Thank god for rednecks!
Team America World Police - "Hey terrorist, terrorize this!"
Escape from Alcatraz - Clint Eastwood
Psycho - The Hitchcock Masterpiece
Murder by death - hilariously funny movie starring Truman Capote and the worlds greatest detectives solving a murder over a weekend
Big Trouble in Little China - 'cause Kurt Russell
Time Bandits
The fiendish plot of Dr Fu Manchu - The Peter Sellers version
The Birds - Another Hitchcock masterpiece
Escape from New York - 'cause Kurt Russell and Snake Pliskin
Any of the Dirty Harry movies but the first is the best
Duel - Steven Spielbergs first movie ever. You could tell that this guy was going places. PS bonus: The truck sound at the end when it crashes was the same sound used in Jaws when the shark died.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just went thru a bunch of sci fy movies that would be good to watch, but NONE of them are on Netflix.
I did not realize that Netflix was Anti Sci Fy!

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All:
James Bond
Clint Eastwood
Steve McQueen
John Wayne

Smokey and the Bandit
Bridge Over the River Kwai
Schindler's List
The Longest Day
Where Eagles Dare
Seven Samurai
Magnificent Seven
Dirty Dozen
Robin Hood
Ocean's 11
Westworld
To Live and Die In L.A.
Andromeda Strain
Thin Red Line
Fight Club
The Mechanic
i would scratch Shindler's list, unless you want to get depressed.

Top Bottom