• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini "Walls of Steel"

Grin....Have you considered getting more?[grin]

Between now and Sunday???? When I've got The Village Idiot Fundraiser Shoot to get done on Saturday????? Uh-huh. Sure. [laugh]

OTOH, if you happen to know a shop that has 2-3 Safariland Comp-1's in stock for the K-frame .38's... I no longer use the H-K speedloaders; they suck.

As it stands right now it looks we have 42 shooters with a total of 63 guns.
Should be a great day for shooting and we have a great crowd coming.
Looking forward to seeing those we know and meeting those we don't yet.

Kimber45

Better make that 44 shooters and 67 guns!!!
I just got the "ok" to enter and can't wait to shoot. I'm also bringing a friend from my club along to give it a try. Whoooooo Hooooooo! I am psyched! See you guys on Sunday.

-Cuz.

As it stands right now it looks we have 42 shooters with a total of 63 guns.
Should be a great day for shooting and we have a great crowd coming.
Looking forward to seeing those we know and meeting those we don't yet.

Kimber45

Better make that 44 shooters and 67 guns!!!
I just got the "ok" to enter and can't wait to shoot. I'm also bringing a friend from my club along to give it a try. Whoooooo Hooooooo! I am psyched! See you guys on Sunday.

-Cuz.

Excellent Cuz! Actually closer to 50 shooters at this point. See you Sunday.

Kimber45

There is no cap on shooters. With a 10:00 AM start the match should be completed by 1:00 or 1:30 at the latest I would say. All depends on the squads themselves.

Kimber45

Sorry I couldn't make it; it sounds like it would have been a blast. I was just too wiped out from yesterday, though.

Dare I ask when the next one will be? [smile]

Sorry I couldn't make it; it sounds like it would have been a blast. I was just too wiped out from yesterday, though.
Dare I ask when the next one will be? [smile]

Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club
“WALLS OF STEEL”
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
August 20, 21, 22, 23, 2009

http://www.wallsofsteel.com/

Today was just a warm up for August, that's the one the big boys come out for.

Respectfully,
jkelly

Last edited:
GREAT SHOOT .....HAD A REAL GOOD TIME TODAY AND LOOK FORWARD TO AUGUST ...YOU GUYS PUT ON A OUTSTANDING SHOOT AND WILL PASS INFO ON ..
THANKS
NB GUYS

Jim, Bob, John and all the others that put this shoot on for today,
a big THANK YOU, great day for shooting steel and great stages.
A LOT of small targets, made you slow down and aim (and nutin'
wrong with that !!) Looking forward to August (did I say that !!)
You folks do a good shoot, anyone that missed it check out the web
site and get there for another Sunday.

Go squad six. We had the BEST looking squad out there, BY FAR...[smile]

Bob

My thanks to everybody involved in setting up the shoot. Had a blast getting my hat handed to me after a long layoff from shooting. Wife had a good time too. Hope she didn't distract anybody[smile] Will be back in August gunning for bear and the wife is planning on shooting the match also.
Thanks again
Dave

Ok, so who's bright idea was it to call this a "Mini" Walls of Steel??? Those that shot today know that this match was anything but "mini"! It was FANTASTIC! It was six awesome stages of knockdown steel averaging 27 targets per stage. The weather was perfect for shooting, and I was in the best squad there (Squad #2 of course). I'd like to send out a special thanks to Bobby P. for busting his ass all day to pull this off. I know he had some help, but keeping track of all the shooting and getting the scores entered and processed in order to pay out on the spot is no small task. Those that have run matches know what it takes. This match would not have gone down as well as it did without his efforts. The other thing some don't realize is that usually when you work so hard to put on a match like this your own scores usually pay the price. I want to thank Bobby for working so hard putting on the match that was unable to shoot as well as he normally does. That allowed me to finish one spot higher than I normally would.

Thanks Bobby!

-Cuz.

P.S. Were some of those targets small or what!!! Maybe that's what the "mini" meant?

"Mini-Walls of Steel" ....like Cuz said the only thing "mini" were the targets.

This match ran smooth and the results were done before we left the range.
You folks at Wallum Lake did a great job.
Thanks to everyone involved!
Paul

"Mini-Walls of Steel" ....like Cuz said the only thing "mini" were the targets.

This match ran smooth and the results were done before we left the range.
You folks at Wallum Lake did a great job.
Thanks to everyone involved!
Paul
And congratulations to the Open Auto and Stock Auto winner PMD!

Respectfully,
jkelly

No surprise at the top of the revolver divisions. Good job Dave.
Larry C came on strong with a second in stock auto and a third in stock revolver. Good shooting with you all.

Michael.

And yes Larry, next time I'll bring the Glock.......................

This shoot was very well run & fun to shoot. Thank you, to Jim & the rest of the crew at Wallum Lake for putting this shoot on. I can not wait for the August match.

Matt [grin]

Don't you guys forget. We shoot steel around this area every Sunday.

The first two Sundays at Wallom and the third and fourth Sundays at Uxbridge.

Besides it's good practice for the little targets. We get to shoot them a lot...

Bob

Back
Top Bottom