• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini Walls of Steel 2014

Don't understand the weekly dates as oppose to Auguest 22-24? Does one need to compete in the weekly (almost weekly) before they will quality for the August 22-24 one?

Don't understand the weekly dates as oppose to Auguest 22-24? Does one need to compete in the weekly (almost weekly) before they will quality for the August 22-24 one?

Not at all. The Sunday matches are usually just man on man matches that we have almost weekly for practice and fun. As you have read it's only $5 to compete in these matches per gun and it's a lot of fun. They have nothing to do with the Mini WOS match or the main match in August. We just like shooting steel.

Everyone is welcome to come down and try it on any given Sunday.

Jim

The WoS match is like 6 stages, 25-35 targets per stage. What about the weekly matches? Is it just one stage per Sunday? Is it different every week? 10-20 targets per side/shooter?

The WoS match is like 6 stages, 25-35 targets per stage. What about the weekly matches? Is it just one stage per Sunday? Is it different every week? 10-20 targets per side/shooter?

It's usually around 12 targets per shooter and we change it up sometimes but not every week. Stock autos shoot in one pit and revolvers and open class are normally shot in another pit.

The Mini Walls of Steel match for this year has no more morning slots available. We do have room in the afternoon time slot.

Jim

As of tonight, May 17, the Mini Walls of Steel match is completely filled.

I'm not going to send out confirmations so if you would like to know if you're slots are confirmed please email me at [email protected]

It's going to be another great match and I have been assured that the weather will be beautiful.

Thanks,

Jim

For anyone interested here is a link to pictures of the first three stages at this year's Mini Walls of Steel match.

A sneak preview.

http://www.wallsofsteel.com/news.html

I'm going to save the last three stages as a surprise.

There is still room for the main Walls of Steel match in August so get your entry forms in as soon as you can.

Jim

I have a slot for morning and afternoon this Sunday at Mini Walls of Steel. I just found out that I cannot go and am willing to give up my slot for a donation to Comm 2A for all their efforts.

Minimum donation is $50. Spot is worth $100.

Honor system, first that promises donation, gets the spot and I will email match director.

Thanks
Stewart

I would like to thank Jim and all the folks that made the MWOS happen. It was an awesome day that ran smooth. Wonderful weather to boot. All your hard work does not go un appreciated . I'm really looking forward to the Walls in a couple of months.

Another Kudo's to Big Jim and the gang for putting on a great Mini Walls.
Guess I better get my app in for WoS and not get shut out.

Just one thing....can you make the targets bigger ???
And not so close to the ground.....I ain't gettin any younger [shocked]

I changed my mind Scott.....you need to spend MORE time with the family,
like how's about the last weekend in August ! ! !

Smokin' times buddy, real smoking times [party]

And thanks Jim for getting the scores out so quick.

You can rest easy my friend. I was shooting open auto soooooooooo I have to get in touch with James . I wish those were my stock auto scores!,,,,,,

Thanks Dave. It was really fun to shoot the iron sight gun in the afternoon squad. it was like getting on a bike.

I also want to thank TV, radio star (at least that's what he kept telling everybody), and most importantly match director, Jim. He couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. He hauled my squads gear in the morning from stage 6 to stage 1 and when we finished on 5, he hauled it back to the start again (in a Kubota, not on his back. I guess that would've been the ultimate in accommodation but I digress). I know I speak for all the guys on the squad when I say Thank You! It made the afternoon much less grueling and more fun - it was fairly warm if you noticed. Oh yeah - on top of that - it was a well run match and the food was great!

Sorry about the faux pas with the prelim results but that's exactly why we post them as prelim's first, so I can be corrected. Haha

All I can say is that at 1:30 this morning I had had enough. It was a long hot day yesterday.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom