Mini Walls of Steel 2011

Great match today guys. Everything was super, and the newly redone ranges are AWESOME! I couldn't believe how much bigger the last 3 ranges are now. Damn, stage 6 had 31 pieces of steel spread out so wide across the range I felt like I was shooting on a wide open prairie! It was a BLAST! Of course, on such a bigger, wide open range, some of that steel looked even smaller than I remember, if that's possible.

I do have one suggestion though. I think we need to stop calling this the "mini" Walls of Steel. How can 6 stages totalling 168 pieces of steel be called "mini"??? And, if you were one of the folks that didn't get enough the first time around (like me) and shot again in the afternoon that's a total of 336 pieces of steel to knock down. Nothing "mini" about that. I think it took me almost 500 rounds to do it!

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on this match. It really was a great time. Can't wait to see the results...

- Cuz.

If anyone took a pic of each of the 6 stages can you please post them? I forgot to bring a camera yesterday. I would like to get a still pic of each of the stages to send to a friend. Preferably while the steel was freshly painted, but I will take whatever I can get.

Thanks,
-Cuz.

I have video of all of the stages and will be posting it on youtube tomorrow. Hey Donna, tell Joe I love him but I want my hat back. [grin]
Hope it helped him. It was a warm day.

Thanks to all the crew.

Jim and the folks at Wallum Lake ran a solid match.

I agree with Cuz - nothing "mini" about this match - except maybe for a few targets.

Thanks!

I forgot that we used another squad member's camera for most of the match. I have posted video of stage six here

And Ken's videos of other stages can be found HERE

Awesome vids! Nice shooting too Mike... Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for posting those. I am looking forward to August! WOS has been my favorite match for two years in a row now.

I would like to thank everyone that came out to the match. We had a fantastic turnout and six great stages of steel. I would also like to thank everyone that helped from setup to scoring to tearing down. A lot of people took it upon themselves to RO the squads while they were participating and it helped a great deal.

Last count saw 103 guns and the targets took a pretty good beating without many problems. We did have a few minor issues, a couple of targets broke, but for the most part I thought everything ran rather smoothly and we were able to repair the broken targets in short time.

The preliminary results have been posted at http://wallsofsteel.com/results.html and the final results with payouts should be up there soon. I want to make sure we got it right before we start cutting checks.

Don't forget to sign up for the main match in August.

Kimber45

Last edited:
Final results have been posted at www.wallsofsteel.com/results.html

Congratulations to all of the winners.

Looks we had a total of 83 shooters with 105 guns and we paid out $660.00

Not a bad day. Checks will mailed out within the next week.

Looking forward to an even better Walls of Steel match in August with Colt Firearms as the main match sponsor.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Kimber45

And thanks again from me also.

Also, I forgot to post that I uploaded some vid's to my Youtube page,
you can go to "10mmdave" and search for "WoS 2011"

here's one of Johnny "the Body" Sardina to start u off.

Back
Top Bottom