• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini Walls of Steel 2011

Hi Folks.

This years Mini WOS will be held on May 29 at Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club in Harrisville, RI.

Check out www.wallsofsteel.com for the entry form, rules, directions and whatever else you may need.

I also posted the Sunday match schedule under the News tab.

Feel free to contact me at anytime with questions.

Hope everyone had a good winter.

Kimber45

I put it on the calendar, I hope I can make it. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be missing the regular WoS in August. It's the same weekend as the IDPA New England Regionals. [sad] [crying]

OK, there are six stages, it looks like... but it doesn't tell us how many targets there are (or how many mags/speedloaders) we'll need. If I do this, I would like to know if 3 speedloaders is going to be enough on a six-shooter or if I'll need more. (Didn't I ask this last year? Wouldn't it be nice if it was on the website?)

Ah... found it from last year. Looks like between 25 & 30 targets per stage, so I'm gonna need more speed loaders.

Last edited:
OK, there are six stages, it looks like... but it doesn't tell us how many targets there are (or how many mags/speedloaders we'll need. If I do this, I would like to know if 3 speedloaders is going to be enough on a six-shooter or if I'll need more. (Didn't I ask this last year? Wouldn't it be nice if it was on the website?)

It depends on how many you miss.[wink] IIRC it was like 25-35 shots MINIMUM on a stage. I had 6 speed loaders and borrowed a few extra the day of. They've got some small pieces of steel so there may be extra shots.

Not sure if I'll make it this far out, but either way Dwarven1, you're welcome to borrow my 7 k-frame comp-3 speedloaders.

FYI, it's the middle of Memorial Day Weekend. Make sure your significant other isn't making plans for you.

Thanks to all the folks that will be putting this on, I'd thank individuals but there's a core group
of folks that make this event happen so I don't want to slight anyone.
6 stages for a 1 day match is a lot of work.

And a question for those folks.....how will you be treating a second gun entry ??
2 guns/squad or shoot 1 gun thru the 6 stages and then group up again and go thru with the 2nd ??

I'll be there either way, screw the cookouts, let's make some noise ! [grenade]

And a question for those folks.....how will you be treating a second gun entry ??
2 guns/squad or shoot 1 gun thru the 6 stages and then group up again and go thru with the 2nd ??

Dave,

Last year we shot two per squad. It was a long day but most people seemed to enjoy it.

Dave,

Last year we shot two per squad. It was a long day but most people seemed to enjoy it.
That's good to know Jim, now I can figure out what to shoot, tough switching platforms in the same squad.
Makes the revo better to shoot in this format since I use the same load for open & iron
plus folks get to see
my fat a$$ less 'cause it's easier/quicker picking up the brass [smile][crying][smile]

Seeya in May

I'm ready for some outdoor steel! This is the steel I have been playing with all winter!
012.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know that entry forms for this match have been coming in pretty steadily. We are up to the halfway point as far as entries go. Get your forms in before the match is full.

Also want to add that some extensive work is being done in the pits and it's going to surprise everyone. You won't believe the changes that are being made. I'm still trying to take it all in. Very exciting!

Kimber45

The 2011 Mini Walls of Steel match is now officially full!

There are 60 shooters with a total of 80 guns.

It will be a long day so come prepared to have fun.

Entry forms for the August match will be put up shortly.

Kimber45

Hey everyone.

Due to overwhelming response to the match we have decided to run an afternoon squad. We are opening it up for one gun only in the afternoon time slot. Not sure at what time the afternoon squads will be starting though. All depends on when the morning squads finish but I'm hoping for a 1:00 start. Might be 2:00. Like I said, it depends on when the morning squads finish.

If you are interested in signing up for one gun in the pm squad please let me know by Friday May 20 at the latest. Contact me directly at [email protected] and I will squad you.

Kimber45

Paul,

Shooters meeting at 9:30 AM. Then another before the afternoon squads head out. Not sure what time for the PM meeting. Depends on when the morning squads finish.

No side matches Sunday. Too much going on to prep for that. There will be side matches in August though.

Jim

Thank you all for a great match today. And the weather finally cooperated! It was a fun day with a great squad of friends and 2 great r.o.'s. Can't wait for the one in August!

Back
Top Bottom