• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini table top shot maker

mac1911

NES Member
I have had this for years. Given to me by a old trap shooter who said he got it from the maker Bill Cassel
The Econoshot Shotmaker
I have yet to try it and might some day. Comes with several shot size tips and shot sorter screens. I have the Better Shot Maker for shot making . Just think stuff like this is fun to see image.jpg image.jpg

Good point.
Any pics of the finished shot? What sizes can you make? Is it very fussy with the alloy?
I will grab a handful next trip to the shed.
i put the #7 1/2 shot drippers in. i never bothered to measure it. I use straight Clip On Wheel Weights.
i forget if the other tips are extra or different size. I have not made shot since 2012.

I will grab a handful next trip to the shed.
i put the #7 1/2 shot drippers in. i never bothered to measure it. I use straight Clip On Wheel Weights.
i forget if the other tips are extra or different size. I have not made shot since 2012.
My buddy wanted to buy one but he wasn’t sure how much money he was going save if any and more importantly how good the shot was going to be.

My buddy wanted to buy one but he wasn’t sure how much money he was going save if any and more importantly how good the shot was going to be.
picked up mine used just before the metal price hikes mid 2000s when shot jumped to $75+ a bag.
I made all my shot with free lead at a time I was shooting aprox 200 rounds week then the 500 plus at matches
Once prices came back down I was not shooting trap but a few times a year so I just started buying my trap loads again. Mostly because I did not feel like setting up to load 100 rounds for the year!
I might load up 250 or so just to have on hand foe this year. My life life schedule looks to mess up my cmp matches this year.
Break open some factory trap loads and see how well or not the shot is.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p72G0Q0_mzo

Last edited:
WARNING audio is awful turn your volume down....did i ever mention my camera skills suck

View: https://youtu.be/BP12DjgB3sI

Savings? New machine is like $500
Lead is what $75/25#? Machine can do 40#/he or so.
Depending on your time and how much you shoot value is hard to tell.
If your loading and shooting sub gauge shells then it can add to value.
Figure $500 is 7 bags or so , 175lbs
If your lead is cheap or free its 5 hours worth of machine time to get to 175# then its almost free after that.

Making shot is a bit labor intensive.
After dropping shot you need to clean it dry it sort it tumble graphite it. Bit more time than casting but a few good runs and you have a good stash.

WARNING audio is awful turn your volume down....did i ever mention my camera skills suck

View: https://youtu.be/BP12DjgB3sI

Savings? New machine is like $500
Lead is what $75/25#? Machine can do 40#/he or so.
Depending on your time and how much you shoot value is hard to tell.
If your loading and shooting sub gauge shells then it can add to value.
Figure $500 is 7 bags or so , 175lbs
If your lead is cheap or free its 5 hours worth of machine time to get to 175# then its almost free after that.

Making shot is a bit labor intensive.
After dropping shot you need to clean it dry it sort it tumble graphite it. Bit more time than casting but a few good runs and you have a good stash.

Nice!
Seems like the lead supply is the only issue. As always.
A little more involved but I guess at least you can do it in batches unlike cutting a sprue for every pour of the mould.

Back
Top Bottom