Mini Rant

Considering my perceived quality of "SOME" of the delivery drivers ive had, I just wish the shippers were allowed to be a little more discreet with their packaging. My situational awareness meter goes up a few notches for a couple of days after a delivery like this.....Rant Over, thnks
View attachment 393936
Try ordering a Dillon. You will get a box that says "AMMO MANUFACTURING PLANT" on 5 out of 6 sides. And it's huge.

Stupid on their end to ship that way. Do they think someone will see it and order a Dillon?

My mailman knows what's in the boxes I get. He's very pro-gun and doesn't care. All my neighbors know I have lots of guns and don't give a sh*t either.
Its not about them not caring. Its about them telling other people that their neighbor has a lot of guns. People that can be scumbags.

I can see it from both sides. I’m a renter and don’t want my nosy neighbors knowing what the hell I have. At the same time, fragile stickers basically mean “kick the crap out of me” to shippers at this point, so having actual mandated demarcation with regards to potentially hazardous materials, is just due diligence. Those stickers along with the ORM-D ones, tell the poor bastard lugging your 40# 12x12x8 case of 9mm or 2# box of ‘LongShot’, that there actually may be some hazardous crap in there and to not toss it over the fence like the flat screen two streets over. Most drivers probably don’t give a damn, but there’s a reason they put a ‘contains dairy’ warning on the 2% milk.

At my old job, one of the other people got a delivery from our friends in CT. Discreet packaging.

FedEx Ground kid says, "This is ammo, right?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Well, its got a hazmat label, it's heavy, it rattles, and it's from Connecticut." [laugh]

They know what's in the plain brown wrappers.

That was me. Also had several packages come in from Anniston, Alabama. Sweated every time...

Maybe a dumb question, but is your address on the package that gets sent to AAP?

This sounds interesting to me as long as the place it's getting dropped at cant just look on the box and see my address. I had the same UPS guy for years who was real cool. Now it seems like it's a different guy every time.
Your address is still on the box. UPS just redirects everything with your address on it your preferred AAP.

What’s the point of this thread? You said your neighbors have your back and you’re aware that potentially hazardous materials need to be labeled for safety.

So does your busy body neighbors. [laugh2]
Obligatory...
868b403e7d4debd450649fc3e1cc9bbd.jpg

So you're saying that you want the shipper to break dot regs? [rofl]
Maybe the clown driver could put the box down so the label is facing the house...

If you sign up for UPS My Choice (it’s free) you can set you delivery preference to a nearby “UPS Access Point”. Mine is an Advanced Auto Parts store just a few minutes from my house. You can pick anyone you want that would be convenient for you: near home, near work, on the route, etc. UPS emails you when there is something for you to pick up.
For some items you can't do that, has to stay with the common carrier which means they can only be held at the UPS depot.

Back
Top Bottom