Mini Rant, chemo brain kicking in but that is not an excuse...

I was looking for some .375 125 grain ammunition and I posted in the WTB Firearms accessories Classified Section. I received this reply.
(Note, WF is obviously me but the sellers name has been changed to protect his identity. I chose to use "AH" for obvious reasons):

-AH: I have some 357 mag ammo if you are interested and If the price is right. It’s mostly collectible ammo but it’s all complete and ammo has been stored properly it all looks like new in the boxes. 3 50 round boxes of the legendary Nyclad load in 357 magnum, and a box of Remington 125 grain RM357M1.

-WF: What do you want for the Remington 125 grain RM357M1? I assume it is 20 rounds as the 100 seems to be "B"... Thank you. Larry

-AH: It’s a 50 round box. Send an offer, worst I can say is yes or no.

-WF: 45 minute drive... $50.00

-AH: That’s a sucky drive. I can’t do 50 unfortunately. Thank you though!

-WF:
Me: what do you want for dinner?
Wife: I don't care ...
Me: lets get pizza.
Wife: I don't want pizza...
[popcorn]

-AH: Ok....?

-WF:
How much do you want for the 125 Remington? Prefer cash but, since we seem to be in the I have rare golden bullets land, how about an even trade for rare silver bullets? Edit to correct ever to even.

1601294305118.png

-AH: Unfortunately I don’t have anything in 5.56 currently. Would you be coming to me? If so I have more 357 mag I could sell you unless you just want that Remington box of 50. I’m not trying to be difficult so I apologize if I’m coming across that way to you.

-AH: I also have a shitload of regular non collector grade 38 special range ammo too unless you just want 357 mag.

-AH: If you want to come to me and you just want that 1 box it’s yours. If you want some regular old 38 range ammo too I can make you a package deal.

I have really tried to be polite up to this point to get a price but nope, he can't do it so I tap out.

-WF: I am tired of playing... I hope you can eventually sell your ammo to someone else (if you can ever put a price on it). I'm done. Thank you. Larry

Then I get this:

-AH: Ok great, thanks for wasting my time. Enjoy your ammoless stash of 357 mag. I’ll gladly keep mine.

Chemo brain kicks in. I don't deserve this BS about wasting his time so I attempt to convey my offense to this statement. I even wish him a nice life...

-WF: " I’ll gladly keep mine. " That was obvious from about the second post in this thread. I can't buy it if you won't price it. I just had my 15th chemo. I am not going to die tomorrow but it is you who has been wasting my time. Thanks for nothing. Have a nice life a**h***.

-AH: No need for name calling. You had an attitude from the get go. Now this comment will be reported to the admins for that.

I am an old Ba$tid but, it has been my experience that if someone is selling something and they ask what you will pay, you will probably make a somewhat lower offer and then the seller comes back with a higher price and you dicker or accept and the deal is done or you can't agree and walk away. I want to know who is wasting whose time, who has an attitude, and who is the AH?
Fireproof suit is on so [flame]if I am wrong.
PS: There AH, I just made it easier for you to report this comment.
[banana]

Edited to close parenthesis.

I hope your chemotherapy treatment goes well and that you have a speedy yet measured recovery. My mother had breast cancer when I was in 3rd grade, so I know second hand how challenging the journey can be.

I expect a seller to list a price. And I have low tolerance for a@%holes. The current situation seems to bring out the worst in some people - I know I've met some of them here on the Classifieds.

WF - I had 22 chemo treatments, 9 years ago. The more time that passes after you finish, the better you'll feel (both physically and mentally).

He wasted your time. He is the seller your the buyer.
I look at it like a store they advertise they have something I want. I take the trip, get there and they do have it but won’t put a price on it and won’t accept my offers. They wasted my time.

You gotta remember people on here aren’t like actual distributors or storefronts, it’s a yard sale forum, sometimes it’s the first thing someone has ever bought or sold here and as we see on a daily basis a lot of people just don’t have good communication skills.

Go in with the right mindset and keep the comms simple and polite. Don’t like any of it just politely bow out and move on.

Given that you’re obv dealing with some pretty serious shit, I can see patience being low, but a stranger and a box of ammo isn’t worth the headache. No pun intended, It just is what it is.

Just my opinion, but if your selling something, it should have a stated price. The negotiation needs to have a starting point.

The guy responded to a WTB ad. If the dude was listing the ammo in FS, it MUST have a price. Otherwise I would have suggested the OP report the
guy.

In the olden days you could actually work it all out with a single simple phone call. Jack.

With the exception of "people I already know" I always tell people to do this.

80% of the "f***ed up deal whining" I have heard over the years resulted from people playing text message tag, etc. Actually getting someone on the phone weeds out the
f***os.

" Actually getting someone on the phone weeds out the
f***os."
So true. In the last few weeks I've had a: "Do you still have this? If so, I'll take it!" -I reply Yes, and give my phone#, never hear from him again. And, a: Is this still available?" I message back "Yes, give me a call". and include phone number....crickets. I guess the second guy was just concerned as to whether I "still had it"?

So.......................

Whats collectible grade .357 ammo exactly?
Is it "Super Rare In Mass Pre-Ban Pre-Healy Made Prior To '94 Ban High Capacity" .357?
No way - it's individually wrapped, hand polished, and stored in an environmentally controlled box out of the light. Some people have said they can see <insert celebrity> in the headstamp

-AH: If you want to come to me and you just want that 1 box it’s yours. If you want some regular old 38 range ammo too I can make you a package deal.
To be honest, and I realize I'm on the opposite side of the fence from everyone else, I'd have read that line (just before you became a bit curt) as agreeing to your $50 offer because of the distance of the ride.

So.......................

Whats collectible grade .357 ammo exactly?
Is it "Super Rare In Mass Pre-Ban Pre-Healy Made Prior To '94 Ban High Capacity" .357?

I have a box of the infamous Talons in .357- I think that counts. I have some silver tips given to me by- oh, I can't say but it was a federal agency that was only supposed to have .38's. The silver tips I'll shoot but I keep the Talons for laughs.

Another cool one not as notorious as the Talon was the Speer 'Flying Ashtray' 45 ACP's. There are better options ironically more like the Talon JHP but those stubby Speers were cool.

Great that @white feather found what he needed.

Isn’t it clearly spelled out in the WTS terms that every listing Is supposed to be specified with a price??? Done.

Personally, I wouldn’t waste my time or brain cells thinking about AH any further... Once this thread gets 50 posts deep with guys saying you’re in the “right” and trying to be accommodating by offering giving an opening “bid” price (as well as to go to the seller), AH may get that deep sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach he was wrong. If not, he’s probably an AH.

In fairness, I believe there is 3 sides to every story; yours, mine, and the truth (lying somewhere in the middle...) So...

The Challenge:
If you’re out there AH and reading this thread (you know who you are)... why don‘t you identify yourself here in this thread — Own to your selling practices, and see how you fare in the Court of NES. Defend your case — you were in the “right” after all, correct? I promise, our verdict will be swift and fair, but will not be merciful. So what say you?

He is taking the "first one to mention a number loses" game plan a bit too seriously.

First. Second. Third. Millionth.

"How about $50?"

"No. Can't do $50."

"75?"

"Nope."

"GFY?"

"Ummm, no. And I'm gonna go whine to mommy!"

Watermelon-F'er (that's what WF stands for, right??? I know what AH stands for. LOL) - Where ARE you located??? I'm betting you could get some deliveries at this point. I'm gonna check the cabinet to see if I've got any 125's. I don't THINK so, but I might. If you're close, we can connect.

I would like to thank everyone for the offers of ammo. 😻 [bow] I am all set now. Found some at Bullseye in Woonsocket. They have a pretty large selection of powder on hand and a fairly good selection of ammo but pistol ammo is one box per caliber per day. I was tempted to buy a box of 12 gauge blanks (25 for ~ $12.00). I just wanted to rant yesterday... It's all good now. [cheers]
@Dennis in MA "WF = Watermelon F'er" . [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom