• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini 14

Anyone know where to get a mini 14 (specifically Ranch model but I'd take anything at this point)? I've tried a bunch of places in NH to no avail. Any tips are appreciated.

I tried gun broker and a few other places on line. All were sold/pending sale (or too expensive = highway robbery). ALL! Thanks, though!

After all the AR's and AK's were scooped up at the shops, the Mini 14's got bought up. Any semi is going to be tough to find. Wait it out.

Then pass on the Mini-14.

there was a .mil version at the Barn Store in Salisbury, NH when I was there this past Thursday evening...I was ogling it but I would have had it used on me if I brought it home. I think they wanted in the 700s for it

Don't do it. If everything else is bought up, buy yourself a nice shotgun or bolt-action rifle.

I'm not sure why these guys are saying not to buy one. I have several ARs but I still enjoy shooting my mini as much as any of them.

I loved my Mini-14. Of course, I knew that 'it is what it is'... The rifle ran like a top and hit what I was aiming at. High capacity magazines were a bit of a struggle. I had two Ruger 30's which were excellent - the rest were mix and match until I had a dozen reliable mags. Other than that, the rifle was great.

I loved my Mini-14. Of course, I knew that 'it is what it is'... The rifle ran like a top and hit what I was aiming at. High capacity magazines were a bit of a struggle. I had two Ruger 30's which were excellent - the rest were mix and match until I had a dozen reliable mags. Other than that, the rifle was great.

Granted they are a little finicky about aftermarket mags, but no problems with factory mags.

I have a Mini14 ranch that I did a lot of work to, Glass bedded the action, Cut back and stoned the hammer hooks, and relieved the pressure on the front ferrel. Now it will shoot dead nuts out of a "cold" barrel. After two shots in succession, it will start to walk.

An accustrut or mo-rod will help immensely with that problem.

Back
Top Bottom