• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini-14 chassis

Looking in to one of the mini-14’s in 6.8 spc (I know, “why?!”). Anyways, I have found one but it has been bunba’d in to a “tactical” stock configuration and the guy doesn’t have the original chassis. Wondering how hard it would be to find one? Would it have the same dimensions/fit of a .223/5.56 mini-14 or would it be different and therefore difficult to find?

Thanks in advance!

They are interchangeable with the 5.56 version. Finding a wood or synthetic factory stock should be pretty easy either new or used. I have an extra hogue overmolded stock laying around I’d let go for cheap if picked up local.

we have a mini 14 thread here

as a fellow mini 14 nerd, make sure you look closely into the 6.8 idea. last I heard it cannot run more than 5 round mags. same with the 6.5 grendel version. the most knowledgeable person out there on mini 14's is Carl at Accuracy Systems in Byers CO. the chassis question will be a minor issue. personally i would have Carl fit the action to a stock, not go chassis route as the rifle will already be heavy with a decent 6.8 barrel. with a chassis the rifle will be stupid heavy. as noted above the hogue overmold stock is definitely the most practical and cheapest option, but why go cheap if you're already re-barreling a mini.

depending on who is doing your barrel work, it's looking at a $1600+ project. by the time one is done they could easily have purchased a tavor X95, sig MCX, or other piston rifle. it's very easy to dick up a headspacing/barrel job on a mini 14 I would not let any gunsmith work on it.

whatever you do please update the mini 14 thread with your build, range results, etc

What do they go for these days, i remeber them coming out late 2000s the next best thing in the mini line up

Back
Top Bottom