• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Milwaukee to dump over 2000 Sig P320s stating safety reasons

Rockrivr1

NES Member
3 unexplained discharges with Sig 320s have the Milwaukee Police Chief dumping over 2000 of these Sigs to be replaced by Glocks. Maybe 3 officers should have kept their fingers off the trigger. Not really buying they "just went off" explanation.

MILWAUKEE —
More than two years after a Milwaukee Police officer's gun would be the first of three to reportedly fire without anyone pulling the trigger, the department agreed to a plan to replace the sidearms many officers deem defective and dangerous.

Flanked by Milwaukee Police Association President Andy Wagner and Mayor Cavalier Johnson, Milwaukee Police Chief Jeffrey Norman made the announcement Monday afternoon that the department would trade in nearly 2,000 Sig Sauer P320 handguns for a gun made by a manufacturer other than Sig Sauer.

Norman said the department, union and city devised a plan to use $450,000 in seized assets from criminal investigations to pay to replace the department's nearly 2,000 P320s with a newer version of the Glock 9 millimeter.

3 unexplained discharges with Sig 320s have the Milwaukee Police Chief dumping over 2000 of these Sigs to be replaced by Glocks. Maybe 3 officers should have kept their fingers off the trigger. Not really buying they "just went off" explanation.

I have believed for a while that after the initial problems, that Sig just became a blame magnet for negligent discharges. But even P320s with the recall fix have been shown to have gone off inside holsters when the officer wasn’t doing any fingering, with corroborating witnesses.

I’m guessing the reason we haven’t heard about the issue with the M17s/M18s is because of their manual safety. Though, the M17s and M18s have their own issue of rear sight plates flying off.

Didn't say, but I'm not a fan of the new M17/18 with the proprietary mags. They should go with the G45. Much better platform.
I never heard of proprietary mags for Glocks.

Are you referring to Glocks or Sigs?

These are cropping up on aim surplus

Part of me is like yea cheap gun

Other part is like ooo but shoot by itself gun..those are no bueno

I’m at well over 10k rounds with both my 320’s and I’ve never had even a misfeed. Almost all those rounds are shot from a holster draw including training classes. Not all cops are idiots but some are. And what does a Union do??..protect the weak. Killawaukee is probably looking for more stopping power so they are going with the G22😂😂

I believe Killeen Texas, a 400 man department also got rid of 320's due to several in holster discharges

Last month, the union filed a lawsuit against Sig after a cop was shot with a P320 that was in another cop's holster, supposedly while the second cop was searching a damaged vehicle.

I have no idea if there's a design flaw or not, but I am having trouble visualizing the positioning of the two cops.

Quoting from the article:
Norman said the department, union and city devised a plan to use $450,000 in seized assets from criminal investigations to pay to replace the department's nearly 2,000 P320s with a newer version of the Glock 9 millimeter.
Civil forfeiture rant aside, those numbers don't add up.

Just give them model 64 4 inch revolvers and be done with it.

Back in the early 90s when Boston Police transitioned from revolvers to Glocks you heard a lot of negligent discharges of similar stories... But that was a different era.

I don't know about this.. I carry a Sig P365 no safety in a Safariland when working on my beater cars.... Nothing has every happened. Different model of course.

Back in the early 90s when Boston Police transitioned from revolvers to Glocks you heard a lot of negligent discharges of similar stories... But that was a different era.

I don't know about this.. I carry a Sig P365 no safety in a Safariland when working on my beater cars.... Nothing has every happened. Different model of course.
the 365 is a completely different gun compared to the 320. Take the armorers class at sig, they look the same externally but are different internally.

Bad guys have tooled up much more since the 70s. You got middle school kids walking around with automatic converted Glocks with 33 round sticks, lots of AK pistols and other AR pistols and SBRs gangstas love these days. Cops need their delta force full armament these days and a six shooter with 38s just won't scare the bad guys anymore.

Have you read any of the appendices in the lawsuits then you would understand that it's not just cops pressing the trigger..... there are either serious problems with this gun or posdibly serious holster incompatibility issues that haven't been fully disclosed to people yet..... reading between the lines it's definitely just not user negligence, even if 50% of the lawsuits constitute that...... it's kind of like Cosby's rape claims you know many of them are pure b******* but there's also a big element of Truth to the whole thing at the core.

Back
Top Bottom